There are 172 users in the forums

2 weeks...0 TDs!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
WE went to Seattle and didn't get blown out. Actually had a chance to win it in the 4th Q.

I call this a win.

This team will get better.

Seattle isn't the same team as years past. They looked awful.

I will eat my hat if they don't make the playoffs.

they'll make it by default. worst division in football.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This ^^

Winner of Rams / Seahawks series this year gets in. No WC is making it from the NFCW.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
WE went to Seattle and didn't get blown out. Actually had a chance to win it in the 4th Q.

I call this a win.

This team will get better.

Seattle isn't the same team as years past. They looked awful.

I will eat my hat if they don't make the playoffs.

Seattle wins this division with 9 wins tops, followed by Arizona at 7 or 8. As good as the D looked today, Seattle offense is terrible.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Some positives this week on Offense.

Week 1 - 56 yards rushing

Week 2 - 159 yards rushing
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Some positives this week on Offense.

Week 1 - 56 yards rushing

Week 2 - 159 yards rushing

Week 1 - 193 yards passing
Week 2 - 99 yards passing

I just looked at our schedule again. I really believe we could easily lose every single game to the Bye..... I don't see too many "winnable" games on there.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I just looked at our schedule again. I really believe we could easily lose every single game to the Bye..... I don't see too many "winnable" games on there.

We just played two winnable games when they shouldn't have been
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah, we got one of the toughest schedules in the league.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Kap ain't looking so bad after all huh?

He's looking just fine unemployed.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
It's Shanahan and his ego, running got this team back in the game and he went away from it and depended on Hoyer

I'm not overreacting just yet. Carolina has probably the best D in the NFL and only allowed 3 pts yesterday. Seattle's D is still top-5 and to run the ball well in Seattle is a huge plus. Aaron Rodgers only put up 17 pts on them in Lambeau.

The schedule will get easier. We did a complete overhaul on the roster and it'll take some time for KS to make the adjustments to get things sorted out. As bad as it may seem, yesterday's game was winnable on the road. We're already a better team than last year and this is only the beginning of the rebuild.
The plays are there to be had, execution is poor. I'd much rather have it this way with the understanding that Brian Hoyer is not in our long term plans and the OL will be addressed instead of the other way around with a new HC/OC.

This system will work and work very well once we have a QB who can actually see a pro bowl MLB on the field. Hell it doesn't help when Hoyer actually makes good throws we have guys(or should I say guy) dropping them.

The reason we have 0 points on the board aren't due to Shanahan. They're mostly due to Hoyer and Goodwin and the interior OL play. We'll be fine long term.

nope. looks fine
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:

nope. looks fine

cutler is the one we let get away . ok... what do we have after a s**tty pre season showing and this horse s**t in two games in which at least chip kellys offense did better... we were all told how awesome the new coaches were,. we finally had a qb who would thrive in a system, we upgraded the wide outs. blah blah blah. we want youth and that is why we dumped kerley for the guy who can not catch a cold.. oh and i do not want to hear the excuse... but but. we played good defenses. shanny coaches scared. we have a garbage qb. line that never pass protects. do we have wide outs... who the hell knows.. they never get targeted and when they do they drop passes. the tight ends have been invisible. and despite how woes in the last two years.. we have always found a way to score touchdowns. i know many worship the ground lynch and shanny walk on but the first niner team to not score touchdowns in two games is beyond pathetic. and this thursday the rams have a fine defensive coordinator.. you people just go right on with its a process. rome was not built in a day. its ok cuz we will fix it all next year. shanny and lynch are sexy. they give good interviews. this is sickening
If they don't put up any passing TDs against the Rams, then yes, it's probably time to start considering a change.

Until then, I just don't see it. This team frankly is just not ready to compete against top 10 defenses.
Share 49ersWebzone