There are 171 users in the forums

Next Year's O.C.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ill put my entire nutsack on the line well get a TD next game.

We faced arguably two of the best Ds in the nfl and goodwin has 2 TD drops?

Well be fine.
kEN zAMPESE????
A..... bump
I see nothing wrong with the playcalls on offense. What i see is a lack of talent at key offensive player positions.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
I see nothing wrong with the playcalls on offense. What i see is a lack of talent at key offensive player positions.

Play calls are fine. Kyle is a stud playcaller and this will be proven as the talent increase on the offensive unit.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Sep 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

Play calls are fine. Kyle is a stud playcaller and this will be proven as the talent increase on the offensive unit.

Agree, but the thing many forget is Kyle is working with an entirely new team, or 38 new guys to be precise...and another 15 he had not known prior to coming here. This is way harder than what McVay has to work with , incl a FR QB now in his 2nd yr, plus a loadeD DL, DBs,, OL Gurley, plus top flite WRs,incl Sammy Watkins. Big difference between that lineup and ours, esp w/ no QB. Ergo, Kyle's job is infinitely harder than McVay's. it also is worth thinking about hiring a couple more guys for Kyle while we are still in transition talentwise. Lastly, he doesn't have Wade Phillips around for his D.C. If there are any assistants that could be of assistance to Kyle , we should hire them. Right now he is in information overload in some things, and information scarcity in others.

This.
Speaking of McVay, am I the only one that thought it was crazy seeing a head coach consistently sitting down in isolation tinkering/analyzing his offensive gameplan throughout the game? I'm not necessarily saying it was "wrong", it just seemed very bizarre to me, like he was just off in his own little world oblivious to what was going on.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Niners816:

Agree, but the thing many forget is Kyle is working with an entirely new team, or 38 new guys to be precise...and another 15 he had not known prior to coming here. This is way harder than what McVay has to work with , incl a FR QB now in his 2nd yr, plus a loadeD DL, DBs,, OL Gurley, plus top flite WRs,incl Sammy Watkins. Big difference between that lineup and ours, esp w/ no QB. Ergo, Kyle's job is infinitely harder than McVay's. it also is worth thinking about hiring a couple more guys for Kyle while we are still in transition talentwise. Lastly, he doesn't have Wade Phillips around for his D.C. If there are any assistants that could be of assistance to Kyle , we should hire them. Right now he is in information overload in some things, and information scarcity in others.

Personally, I'd love to have the offensive personnel the rams have. I was a Goff guy in the '16 drafts and think he has a chance to be special with the proper coach. They have 2 really nice WR and another burner in Austin. Gurley is a work house back that's gonna be really good for years to come. I'm very envious of their current position.
Won't see one for 6 years.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
FYI: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-broncos-head-coach-gary-kubiak-open-to-a-return-as-an-offensive-coordinator/
Originally posted by FL9er:
FYI: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-broncos-head-coach-gary-kubiak-open-to-a-return-as-an-offensive-coordinator/

Because we're a pretty big mess, and Shanahan probably wants to put it on himself, and because it's La Canfora... I doubt it.

But I would love it if it somehow happens.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by FL9er:

Because we're a pretty big mess, and Shanahan probably wants to put it on himself, and because it's La Canfora... I doubt it.

But I would love it if it somehow happens.

Kubiak might be the only guy besides his dad that Kyle would trust to run his offense. That said, I don't see Kubiak being interested, I think he'd probably prefer to go someplace with a defensive minded head coach where he could have total dominion over everything when it comes to the offense. He would be a great fit for a team with a young QB and would likely be a stable option as an OC, something which would appeal to many teams. Imagine if the 49ers could have hired Kubiak as a longtime OC with Nolan as head coach, how much better Alex's development could have potentially been.

However I just don't see the issue with Kyle retaining playcalling duties. I see a whole lot of hysteria but looking back at the game film each week, I see a whole lot of creative and top notch situational playcalling with a lot of it falling short on the execution side due to the lack of talent. Kyle called the plays for the top offense in football last year, one of the top 10 offenses of all time. He's arguably the top young play caller in the NFL today, you don't want that guy on the bench, you want him running your offense.

Kyle Shanahan is the best and most ingenious offensive mind in football right now. That is not outlandish to proclaim, nor is it a slight to anyone else around the league. Shanahan is that brilliant. He helped orchestrate Matt Schaub's only good stretch of play, as well as Robert Griffin's historic rookie season. Most recently, Shanahan masterminded the 2016 Atlanta Falcons offense that rivaled St. Louis' Greatest Show On Turf. It is a miracle he has made this 49ers offense look semi-functional.

Instrumental to Shanahan's success is deceit. A majority of Shanahan's formations, shifts, and route concepts look like something else until well into the play.

Defenses are often caught guessing and slow-playing versus Shanahan's offense. He does not make it easy to key in on his offense.

Shanahan has most noticeably made tweaks to his yankee concept. Yankee is typically a play-action framework in which one receiver runs a deep crosser, while a receiver on the other side of the formation runs a deep post. Shanahan runs the concept so much that defensive backs can expect it, though they often still cannot defend it. He forces defensive backs to second guess themselves.

https://twoqbs.com/qb-profiles/jimmy-garoppolo/
No
Don't know why people here keencrying for an oc? Kyle is doing fine with what he has to work with, he has a cb he's wanted now wait until more pieces are added
Share 49ersWebzone