LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 129 users in the forums

what is the difference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol how you going to compare year 1 of a rebuild off of like 10 years of Baalke's work.

1. Year #1
2. Lynch had no idea what talent we had
3. did I mention this is year 1
4. Not many free agents want to come to SF in a rebuild
5. Srsly this is year 1 of a complete rebuild
6. New coaching changes
7. New scheme changes
8. YEAR 1
Originally posted by miked1978:
lol how you going to compare year 1 of a rebuild off of like 10 years of Baalke's work.

1. Year #1
2. Lynch had no idea what talent we had
3. did I mention this is year 1
4. Not many free agents want to come to SF in a rebuild
5. Srsly this is year 1 of a complete rebuild
6. New coaching changes
7. New scheme changes
8. YEAR 1

Years? You talkin bout years?......This is GAME 1. Game...not year.

And still everyone is crapping their drawers. Honestly I think it makes some people happy deep down. They didn't like the hires of Lynch or Shanny and anything less than a one offseason switch flip to Superbowl contender was going to release the hounds. They value being right above all else and really enjoy getting to come on the forums either moan about it for attention or say I told you so when we are in the first corner of a very long race.
biggest thing that jumps out is no drafting ACL players

Also, Lynch and Shannahan are on the right page. IDK if you guys have seen season 3 of Ballers but they showcase the dysfunctional relationship of the GM and HC for the dolphins to the point that they are literally fighting. The GM also starts to not sign players because the HC thinks its a good idea. Just a bunch of big egos getting in the way of success. I feel like they were emulating the relationship between Harbaugh and Baalke. If you havent seen it, check it out!
I had to come back to this thread. Trent Baalke never drafted a "QB" - Kapernick I think was Harbaugh's call. He passed on Dak Prescott when Chip Kelly wanted him. We passed on Trubisky who will be starting probably next week and Watson. Who knows where we will draft next year. We could have Blaine Gabbert and Christain Ponder and have the same results or better. If Kyle is waiting for his Messiah Kirk Cousins, than this whole thing is a joke. If we don't draft a franchise QB next year, a number one receiver, and a running back next year, then this whole thing a bigger joke.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I had to come back to this thread. Trent Baalke never drafted a "QB" - Kapernick I think was Harbaugh's call. He passed on Dak Prescott when Chip Kelly wanted him. We passed on Trubisky who will be starting probably next week and Watson. Who knows where we will draft next year. We could have Blaine Gabbert and Christain Ponder and have the same results or better. If Kyle is waiting for his Messiah Kirk Cousins, than this whole thing is a joke. If we don't draft a franchise QB next year, a number one receiver, and a running back next year, then this whole thing a bigger joke.

We only have a limited number of draft picks and can't be so selective with the players that become available as it unfolds...also expecting to hit on every single one is close to impossible. F/A needs to be better utilized by this team to shore up our issues quickly because relying on just the draft to find our stars carries the potential to get KS and Lynch fired.
Share 49ersWebzone