LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

Who would you want as your 49ers qb for 2018?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you want as your 49ers qb for 2018?

Ken Dorsey.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Kirk should just man up and say he doesn't wanna sign long term with tha Redskins ...Redskins are backin up tha money train to tha guy and he's rejecting everything and playing games ..

I mean I think he did...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-kirk-cousins-wont-sign-a-long-term-deal-as-long-as-bruce-allen-is-with-redskins/amp/

I remember reports saying he asked for a trade and he would only sign LT with SF.

The fact the he wasn't negotiating in itself shows he doesn't want to be there.

Bruce Allen could be b******tting about the amount of the contract offer as well just to save face.

Also I'll add if your're gonna keep tagging me thus giving me top 5 guaranteed money for ONE yr, I'd gladly shut up and play lol
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Cousins gonna have s**tty numbers this year and everyone here is gonna be like, "yea, but he'll do better under shananahan"

So you're saying don't draft him in fantasy this yr lol?

I wouldn't be surprised if they dip based on lost talent and their OC.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Also factor in operating in a dysfunctional situation.

WAS is f**ked. Say goodbye to Kirk.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM ]
Kirk should just man up and say he doesn't wanna sign long term with tha Redskins ...Redskins are backin up tha money train to tha guy and he's rejecting everything and playing games ..

I mean I think he did...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-kirk-cousins-wont-sign-a-long-term-deal-as-long-as-bruce-allen-is-with-redskins/amp/

I remember reports saying he asked for a trade and he would only sign LT with SF.

The fact the he wasn't negotiating in itself shows he doesn't want to be there.

Bruce Allen could be b******tting about the amount of the contract offer as well just to save face

That's 3rd party hearsay BS
Hope we dont sign him next yr ...
That's 3rd party hearsay BS
Hope we dont sign him next yr ...

Just because allen said they offered him bank doesn't mean it's true either...ahhhh I see why you brought up the idea that Kirk should man up...because you don't want him lol.

Why people don't want a top 10 QB who knows our coaches system is beyond me, being a niners fan you'd think ya'll see how hard it is to have a FQB. It's been like 15 yrs since we had a pro-bowl caliber QB in SF.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Bruce Allen just made a statement that they offered Kirk a deal that would have made him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL back in May....Krik said no and they didn't negotiate. Sounds like he just doesn't want to play in D.C to me.

Should have traded him....smh

They still can and the fact that Bruce Allen puts all the blame on Kirk is even more reason for Kirk to want out of there IMO.

I would trade him for a 3rd this yr and next and that's it lol....IF Kirk is only gonna sign a LT deal with us then that's gonna be it. They aren't gonna get more than a comp 3rd next season and if they transition tag him and can't match the offer they get zero.

bunch of dummies sometimes it's not just about money.

They can, but only for this franchise year. Now We can't sign him either before the end of the season, when he could go anywhere. I expect it would work out because he wants to join Kyle, but the teams negotiating position would be very weak so expect it would cost us more, with whatever draft picks we traded for him already gone. I don't think it has ever been done.

One foot out of D.C. Kirk packing up the for Bay in 2018!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Jul 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by BOI49er:
They can, but only for this franchise year. Now We can't sign him either before the end of the season, when he could go anywhere. I expect it would work out because he wants to join Kyle, but the teams negotiating position would be very weak so expect it would cost us more, with whatever draft picks we traded for him already gone. I don't think it has ever been done.

Yeah a trade isn't happening, kirk's value in a trade right now is as low as it gets based on all the stuff you stated.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yup, I've never seen a FO actually go into detail with what they offered a player that's still on the team lol...the $53 million they supposedly offered him is the same amount of money he'd get from the tag (he already signed) this yr and if they transition tagged him next yr!

So basically they offered him as much money as he'd get anyway...slap in the face imo. Sure it's a lot of money but it's not really a "commitment" to a guy because you already tagged him this yr and in all likelihood they transition tag him or just lose him next yr.

Sign kirk and draft Rosen in the 1st.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I would rather see a FQB drafted. Cousins is an above average QB but not top tier and I think he will get top tier money. I know Shanahan thinks Beathard is the best QB in the past draft but I am not convinced.

Same. Cousins with the cap space that he'll demand will be too much for for the help that he needs to win rings.

With the way SF's cap space is looking next yr they could have at the very least $80 million in space....let's take off $25 million for Kirk and you still have $55 million lol. We have no huge priority in-house signings to worry about either.

Get Kirk and trade that possible top pick for more cheap rookie contracts.

If it's a long term contract, it'll block you from resigning promising young talent that you developed. Sure, we'll be fine next offseason but it'll be hard to keep guys like Jimmie Ward, Trent Brown, Ron Blair, etc.. Cousins isn't a Brady, Brees, Peyton, or Rodgers where the ish hits the fan if he gets hurt. Don't overpay for him.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yup, I've never seen a FO actually go into detail with what they offered a player that's still on the team lol...the $53 million they supposedly offered him is the same amount of money he'd get from the tag (he already signed) this yr and if they transition tagged him next yr!

So basically they offered him as much money as he'd get anyway...slap in the face imo. Sure it's a lot of money but it's not really a "commitment" to a guy because you already tagged him this yr and in all likelihood they transition tag him or just lose him next yr.

53 million a slap in tha face wow ok so lets just give him everything we have so it wont be a slap in his face and be in the salary cap hell tha next 4-6 yrs

I second thought no thanks
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I dont love Cousins but he'd still be my first choice. Its a nice setup for us to be able to draft and develop behind him and he fits my definition of a FQB.

They'll be in descent shape still talent wise. Pryor is going to light it up, Crowder is no slouch and hopefully Reed is healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone