There are 539 users in the forums
Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft
Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft
May 5, 2017 at 6:34 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
obviously I am psyched we landed Thomas AND Foster , but Witherspoon is an interesting prospect, he has the size and physical skills to smother receivers and potentially dominate , yes he is raw and needs some fine tuning , but he could be molded into an aggressive CB that QB's shy away from throwing at , we have Robinson and Johnson who I see starting at CB to start the season , with Williams and Redmond as our slot corners , and Witherspoon could work his way into the lineup by mid season , a 6"3 CB that can run with faster receivers is a great asset for our defense
May 5, 2017 at 9:45 AM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by mayo49:I agree about Williams - he's going to replace Hyde in '18, I predict. Great value to get him in the 4th.
I wouldn't be mad, but if Hyde is seen as someone that's not gonna be around next year.. then I'd like to trade him asap, I don't wanna let him go for free. We wouldn't get a comp pick cause we'll sign a player or two next year most likely.
May 5, 2017 at 9:50 AM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,789
Foster, only cuz he fell so far.
May 5, 2017 at 4:53 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I agree about Williams - he's going to replace Hyde in '18, I predict. Great value to get him in the 4th.
I wouldn't be mad, but if Hyde is seen as someone that's not gonna be around next year.. then I'd like to trade him asap, I don't wanna let him go for free. We wouldn't get a comp pick cause we'll sign a player or two next year most likely.
The chance of him getting hurt tho is almost inevitable so, I get your point.
[ Edited by LVJay on May 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM ]
May 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM
- GoreGoreGore
- 10HourChicken
- Posts: 61,739
Whiterspoon and Williams, later round picks that I think will turn into great players for us.
May 6, 2017 at 2:46 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by LVJay:Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:Originally posted by mayo49:I agree about Williams - he's going to replace Hyde in '18, I predict. Great value to get him in the 4th.
I wouldn't be mad, but if Hyde is seen as someone that's not gonna be around next year.. then I'd like to trade him asap, I don't wanna let him go for free. We wouldn't get a comp pick cause we'll sign a player or two next year most likely.
The chance of him getting hurt tho is almost inevitable so, I get your point.
But keeping can easily be a great decision and can perhaps get further compensation if he has a breakout year or atleast another 987+ yard season lol.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 6, 2017 at 2:46 PM ]
May 6, 2017 at 10:20 PM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I agree about Williams - he's going to replace Hyde in '18, I predict. Great value to get him in the 4th.
I wouldn't be mad, but if Hyde is seen as someone that's not gonna be around next year.. then I'd like to trade him asap, I don't wanna let him go for free. We wouldn't get a comp pick cause we'll sign a player or two next year most likely.
The chance of him getting hurt tho is almost inevitable so, I get your point.
But keeping can easily be a great decision and can perhaps get further compensation if he has a breakout year or atleast another 987+ yard season lol.
Man, if he stays healthy (big if tho), then hell yea, up the ante. I bet he'll be sick af if he doesn't get hurt, we'll have a dope as run game with the new depth.
May 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM
- reasonable1
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,894
Akello Witherspoon
He's Richard Sherman with actual man to man cover skills
He's Richard Sherman with actual man to man cover skills
May 7, 2017 at 12:54 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by LVJay:Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:Originally posted by LVJay:Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:Originally posted by mayo49:I agree about Williams - he's going to replace Hyde in '18, I predict. Great value to get him in the 4th.
I wouldn't be mad, but if Hyde is seen as someone that's not gonna be around next year.. then I'd like to trade him asap, I don't wanna let him go for free. We wouldn't get a comp pick cause we'll sign a player or two next year most likely.
The chance of him getting hurt tho is almost inevitable so, I get your point.
But keeping can easily be a great decision and can perhaps get further compensation if he has a breakout year or atleast another 987+ yard season lol.
Man, if he stays healthy (big if tho), then hell yea, up the ante. I bet he'll be sick af if he doesn't get hurt, we'll have a dope as run game with the new depth.
Yeah dude, he's staying.. lol. The thought of him and Williams becoming a sick RB tandem is the type of ish we've seen before with a good D, and a good game manager can do ;) I was just playing mental madden in my head lol. I wonder I wonder how much the transition tag is for RBs?
May 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM
- LeProfessionnel
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,418
Originally posted by reasonable1:Akello Witherspoon
He's Richard Sherman with actual man to man cover skills
Lets be reasonable.
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM
- GoldenGateGlory
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,503
He is reasonable, that is his name.
I still say; wait till you see Solomon Thomas in action.
I still say; wait till you see Solomon Thomas in action.
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:41 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Kittle
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:49 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by thl408:Best story. Best potential. Best fit. Best value. Consider everything. Favorite selection from the draft?
Man, this is a tough one. I've always been a big underdog guy myself; love the human story. And I love spotting diamonds in the rough like Brooks, Big Trenton, Robinson, etc. So keeping with that theme, your best story is Pita.
This dude has come from a foreign country, is raw but has massive upside. He's as humble and as hard working as it gets. And he just so happens to be playing a critical position within our defense...the Elephant. And because he'll be asked to just seek-n-destroy in pass rush downs, he'll be able to just play and use his God-given ability and instincts while learning from players like Lynch, Brooks, Elvis, etc.
He just might surprise. Another good one is D.J. Jones.
Jun 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM
- GoldenGateGlory
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,503
I love a good underdog story.
Jun 6, 2017 at 9:13 PM
- NTeply49
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,610
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
I love a good underdog story.
Maybe our average joes will surprise people and get more prime TV spots on ESPN 8 so I can actually watch them