LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

The 49ers new front office structure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Great post! Nice to see the front office could keeps things this quiet for this long. We will see how it is all set up in the next week or so for sure! Let's roll 49ers!

Oh yeah, that too, its pretty f**king amazing that they were able to keep all this under wraps and have Lynch interviewed as well as having him meet with Kyle without it getting out. That part blows my mind nearly as much as the Lynch hire when I first heard about it.
Great write up Phoenix.

I agree in where this may be going. I see no big deal at all if indeed it plays out like this.
This could be the best thing for us.

We most likely have our coach and what a kickass coach he seems to be.

Saw Gruden tonight during the Pro Bowl rave about him.
Hearing good things about him. Finally we could have a respectable face for the front office.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
We've been asking for a HOFO for a while. Glad to finally see it arrive. Lynch knows football.

True...thought it would be an experienced HOFO...but I'll take Lynch. At least he's a bright guy and seems like he has his ego in check.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The 49ers front office structure

If Jed York is still at the top it is still bad......
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The 49ers front office structure

If Jed York is still at the top it is still bad......

Does that Chino have a bald spot?
Phoenix...I felt a bit of shock when I first heard the news. But, as soon as I started looking at Lynch's career, who he played for, both in college (some guy named Bill Walsh) & the NFL it made some sense. Shanahan also has ties to Tampa Bay, having coached there early in his NFL career. I thought (& am hopefully right about) Dominik fulfilling a similar role Elway has in Denver for the Niners. It really makes a lot of sense. All 3 have strong ties to Tampa Bay. I've also read it could be a way to get Mike Shanahan to fill that overseer role. I'd be stoked for either guy to fill that kind of position. Man, you're talking about some serious NFL knowledge & experience...something we've desperately needed for a long time. Lynch is a very bright guy...playing FS for all those years gave him a unique view of the entire field & his NFL analyst experience gave him an inside look at all 32 teams. Elway's worked out pretty well in Denver...and he had no FO experience before he took his job. I only hope Niner fans will give Lynch a real opportunity to show his worth. I can see he & Shanahan as quite a dynamic team, and a guy like Dominik or Mike Shanahan can only add to that.
Until we hire someone else we have tom gamble as our personnel guy which I honestly didn't want.

Still waiting for the hire that matters.
Structurally sound.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Structurally sound.

Better than it was before. Lynch+a quality personnel guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baalke.

This is what a lot of people asked for and I'm kind of shocked that Jed went for it. They have a real honest to goodness football guy in the front office, someone that played under Bill Walsh, Denny Green, Jon Gruden, Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy and Bill Belichick. A HOF caliber player that knows how a proper football organization should be run.

As long as he picks a quality personnel guy, I can see this being a big plus.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2017 at 7:19 PM ]
Our scouting of college defensive backs just got better by 100%

I'm curious if part of the reason for Paton and McDonough's interviews was to give Shanahan some roster roadmaps.

McDonough's in the division, so he probably has some ideas of what the 49ers need. Maybe McDonough presented a plan involving the 3-4 defense and Paton championed the 4-3.

Off topic: Didn't realize McDonough comes from a sporting family
Heath Evans: "I freakin love this" on the GM hire
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
Heath Evans: "I freakin love this" on the GM hire
Nice write up Phoenix! Bring in some more experience around and I think it could definitely work! Now that it's here, let's go! They got a lot of work to do from hiring coaching and front office assistants!
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Jan 29, 2017 at 8:10 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Better than it was before. Lynch+a quality personnel guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baalke.

This is what a lot of people asked for and I'm kind of shocked that Jed went for it. They have a real honest to goodness football guy in the front office, someone that played under Bill Walsh, Denny Green, Jon Gruden, Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy and Bill Belichick. A HOF caliber player that knows how a proper football organization should be run.

As long as he picks a quality personnel guy, I can see this being a big plus.

What paraag and jedy now have is a great yes man.
[ Edited by jcs on Jan 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone