Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 514 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.

I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95

Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:

POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000

You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!

Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.

With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.

Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.

Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.

Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!

🤦🏽‍♂
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Oct 5, 2026 at 8:32 PM ]
I doubt Tennessee is trading Simmons and I don't think we trade multiple 1st's for him.

Zach Sieler from the Dolphins would be a good get. 27.7 sacks the past 4 seasons. 6'6, 300 pounds and signed for 3 more years. He is 31 years old though which might make a re-building Dolphins get some picks for him.

Khalil Mack is an obvious fit and would immediately improve our pass rush

Daron Payne would be a nice NT to target as well.

Danielle Hunter is the guy I'd trade multiple picks for. He's easily a 13-15 sack guy and would make our D lethal opposite Bosa. Hes signed for next year and will be 33 years old.

In my ideal world we trade a 2027 1st and a 2028 3rd for Danielle Hunter and a 2027 4th for Daron Payne

Nickle:

DE- Nick Bosa
DT- Mykel Williams / Gracen Halton
DT- Osa Odiahizua
DE- Danielle Hunter

Base:

DE- Mykel Williams
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa
NT- Daron Payne
DE- Nick Bosa / Keion White
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
I doubt Tennessee is trading Simmons and I don't think we trade multiple 1st's for him.

Zach Sieler from the Dolphins would be a good get. 27.7 sacks the past 4 seasons. 6'6, 300 pounds and signed for 3 more years. He is 31 years old though which might make a re-building Dolphins get some picks for him.

Khalil Mack is an obvious fit and would immediately improve our pass rush

Daron Payne would be a nice NT to target as well.

Danielle Hunter is the guy I'd trade multiple picks for. He's easily a 13-15 sack guy and would make our D lethal opposite Bosa. Hes signed for next year and will be 33 years old.

In my ideal world we trade a 2027 1st and a 2028 3rd for Danielle Hunter and a 2027 4th for Daron Payne

Nickle:

DE- Nick Bosa
DT- Mykel Williams / Gracen Halton
DT- Osa Odiahizua
DE- Danielle Hunter

Base:

DE- Mykel Williams
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa
NT- Daron Payne
DE- Nick Bosa / Keion White

This team has too many older player to be trading away 1st round picks for even older guys. Mack should be the target because he gives you 85% of Hunter at a much much lower cost.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This team has too many older player to be trading away 1st round picks for even older guys. Mack should be the target because he gives you 85% of Hunter at a much much lower cost.

Mack doesn't give us even 25% of what Hunter does. Screw the picks. Do we want to win the SB or no?

Hunter has 54 sacks the past 4 seasons and has played every game
[ Edited by Sask49erFan on Oct 5, 2026 at 10:46 PM ]
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,407
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.

I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95

Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:

POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000

You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!

Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.

With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.

Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.

Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.

Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!

🤦🏽‍♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
Originally posted by dj43:
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.

Nah. If Brock Purdy continues his stellar play and we don't turn the ball over we win
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by dj43:
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.

Nah. If Brock Purdy continues his stellar play and we don't turn the ball over we win

I agree here, we had too many self inflicted mistakes the last two times we played them.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 6, 2026 at 1:04 AM ]
I think if we beat Seattle this week, we need to be one of the serious teams in making trades before the deadline. We would have sole control of how our season goes with the next two big divisional games being both at home against the Seahawks and Rams.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 6, 2026 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
I doubt Tennessee is trading Simmons and I don't think we trade multiple 1st's for him.

Zach Sieler from the Dolphins would be a good get. 27.7 sacks the past 4 seasons. 6'6, 300 pounds and signed for 3 more years. He is 31 years old though which might make a re-building Dolphins get some picks for him.

Khalil Mack is an obvious fit and would immediately improve our pass rush

Daron Payne would be a nice NT to target as well.

Danielle Hunter is the guy I'd trade multiple picks for. He's easily a 13-15 sack guy and would make our D lethal opposite Bosa. Hes signed for next year and will be 33 years old.

In my ideal world we trade a 2027 1st and a 2028 3rd for Danielle Hunter and a 2027 4th for Daron Payne

Nickle:

DE- Nick Bosa
DT- Mykel Williams / Gracen Halton
DT- Osa Odiahizua
DE- Danielle Hunter

Base:

DE- Mykel Williams
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa
NT- Daron Payne
DE- Nick Bosa / Keion White

No way in hell i'm trading a first round pick for Danielle Hunter. You should get a few years out of a player if trading a first for and i'm not gambling on that with Hunter at 33 years old.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Major pass on Vita or Mack. We don't need to waste assets on old washed up players

Mack is definitely not washed lol. He may not be an All-Pro anymore and he may not play beyond this season, but 3 sacks and 5 TFL in 4 games is not "washed" or anything close to it.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
I doubt Tennessee is trading Simmons and I don't think we trade multiple 1st's for him.

Zach Sieler from the Dolphins would be a good get. 27.7 sacks the past 4 seasons. 6'6, 300 pounds and signed for 3 more years. He is 31 years old though which might make a re-building Dolphins get some picks for him.

Khalil Mack is an obvious fit and would immediately improve our pass rush

Daron Payne would be a nice NT to target as well.

Danielle Hunter is the guy I'd trade multiple picks for. He's easily a 13-15 sack guy and would make our D lethal opposite Bosa. Hes signed for next year and will be 33 years old.

In my ideal world we trade a 2027 1st and a 2028 3rd for Danielle Hunter and a 2027 4th for Daron Payne

Nickle:

DE- Nick Bosa
DT- Mykel Williams / Gracen Halton
DT- Osa Odiahizua
DE- Danielle Hunter

Base:

DE- Mykel Williams
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa
NT- Daron Payne
DE- Nick Bosa / Keion White

No way in hell i'm trading a first round pick for Danielle Hunter. You should get a few years out of a player if trading a first for and i'm not gambling on that with Hunter at 33 years old.

Ya..we dont need to get old. We need guys like Height and Williams to show up. Hopefully MW is ready this week. Height is invisible at this point.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 6, 2026 at 7:22 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.

I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95

Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:

POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000

You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!

Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.

With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.

Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.

Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.

Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!

🤦🏽‍♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
There's an excuse for everything when we really boil down to it.

Why not just be better than what we have now?!

Remember two recent Super Bowl loses.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Oct 6, 2026 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
For the defense I'd say Khalil Mack & Vita Vea.

I remember an older guy like Tim Harris that contributed in '95

Mack still has juice and isn't a big deal dead cap wise. I may be mistaken but isn't it around $28 mil dead cap for Vea:

POST-6/1 TRADE
2026 Dead Cap: $8,534,460
2027 Dead Cap: $19,644,000

You guys are dreaming if you think Lynch is gonna pick up two more players. Remember he already traded for Osa this season. Honestly what he needs to do is spend a 1st and more to get a real player in here to move the needle.
Osa isn't that good!

Chargers and Tampa Bay are being reported to be on the verge of unloading. Mack's contract is expiring at the end of the season. And, Vea seems to have put a gun to the organization's head to get an extension.

With the way this team's players drop like flies and are thin on the D-line why not.

Give up the later picks this year and next and then trade the late, late 1st in '27 and regain those lost picks.

Let's go! Why do ya'll think Mike Evans, Greenlaw etc are here. The window is still slightly open.

Have you forgotten how the Shehawks destroyed this team along the lines on their way to a chip!

🤦🏽‍♂
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.
There's an excuse for everything when we really boil it down to it.

Why not just be better than what we have now?!

Remember two recent Super Bowl loses.

What does "two recent Super Bowl losses!" have absolutely anything to do with this conversation?

I swear some of y'all actually obsessively hate the 49ers lmao. "Remember when Colt McCoy beat us in 2021? That's why we need to fire Lynch!!"
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,531
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by dj43:
The Seahawks beat a crippled 49er team that had lost tons of star power. I think you remember that.

Also, the Seattle offense is much less potent this year having lost Kenneth Walker to KC. I see this upcoming game as a toss-up, even at their house.

Nah. If Brock Purdy continues his stellar play and we don't turn the ball over we win

Agree, Seattle has lost defensive and offensive talent and Brian Fleury isnt Klint Kubiac.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,531
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think if we beat Seattle this week, we need to be one of the serious teams in making trades before the deadline. We would have sole control of how our season goes with the next two big divisional games being both at home against the Seahawks and Rams.

Yeah we still potentially have Mac Jones as trade bait. Jimmy Garoppolo can back up Purdy after Mac is traded.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone