Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 572 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
lol not the reunion we were hoping for. We wanted DBuck not D duck when the balls is thrown over the middle.

Anyway we need bodies and maybe he's grown up. I heard he was great in returning punts back in college. lol.

You might be thinking of Brandon Lloyd.
With how the chargers are playing and how their schedule is, they could be 0-9 by the trade deadline. I'd call them up to see if we can get Mack for something cheap...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
With how the chargers are playing and how their schedule is, they could be 0-9 by the trade deadline. I'd call them up to see if we can get Mack for something cheap...

I'd want Dalvin Tomlinson
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
lol not the reunion we were hoping for. We wanted DBuck not D duck when the balls is thrown over the middle.

Anyway we need bodies and maybe he's grown up. I heard he was great in returning punts back in college. lol.

You might be thinking of Brandon Lloyd.

God I was so frustrated with him, he could have been so good but he was scared to get hit
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
With how the chargers are playing and how their schedule is, they could be 0-9 by the trade deadline. I'd call them up to see if we can get Mack for something cheap...

They'll only play 8 games before the deadline, but point taken and not a terrible idea. We do play the Chargers in December but they may decide it won't matter to them at that point.

Mack may be 35 but his contract is expiring and much more manageable than someone like Danielle Hunter who I pitched in the other thread.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,237
I think a trade for a productive DE is mandatory for a deep playoff run.

That said not sure who will be available.

Since they can't hit on 1st round picks why not spend one on someone proven?

But I do recognize that will mean they wont be able to resign one or more of the legacy players next year.
Originally posted by Crown:
I think a trade for a productive DE is mandatory for a deep playoff run.

That said not sure who will be available.

Since they can't hit on 1st round picks why not spend one on someone proven?

But I do recognize that will mean they wont be able to resign one or more of the legacy players next year.

I suggested Danielle Hunter a couple pages ago if the Texans continue to implode and Ryans is willing to do us a solid but his contract is kinda ugly for trading. Mack's contract at least has a 0% chance of being any kind of albatross since it's an expiring (only concern is the Chargers play us in December but at this rate it might not matter for them).
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
lol not the reunion we were hoping for. We wanted DBuck not D duck when the balls is thrown over the middle.

Anyway we need bodies and maybe he's grown up. I heard he was great in returning punts back in college. lol.

You might be thinking of Brandon Lloyd.

God I was so frustrated with him, he could have been so good but he was scared to get hit

His career was pretty underwhelming, but he did lead the league in receiving yards one year when he was with Denver with nearly 1500 receiving yards. Kind of strange.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,237
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Crown:
I think a trade for a productive DE is mandatory for a deep playoff run.

That said not sure who will be available.

Since they can't hit on 1st round picks why not spend one on someone proven?

But I do recognize that will mean they wont be able to resign one or more of the legacy players next year.

I suggested Danielle Hunter a couple pages ago if the Texans continue to implode and Ryans is willing to do us a solid but his contract is kinda ugly for trading. Mack's contract at least has a 0% chance of being any kind of albatross since it's an expiring (only concern is the Chargers play us in December but at this rate it might not matter for them).

that would be great
I wouldn't mind trading for Khalil Mack! We tried to get him years ago and the raiders wouldn't send him to us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,098
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wouldn't mind trading for Khalil Mack! We tried to get him years ago and the raiders wouldn't send him to us.

If we're gonna trade for a 30 plus year old pass rusher I rather go all in for TJ Watt. I didn't know Pittsburgh extended Alex Highsmith too along with Nick Herbig. It's odd they'd extend both of them and not Watt first?
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,399
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wouldn't mind trading for Khalil Mack! We tried to get him years ago and the raiders wouldn't send him to us.

If we're gonna trade for a 30 plus year old pass rusher I rather go all in for TJ Watt. I didn't know Pittsburgh extended Alex Highsmith too along with Nick Herbig. It's odd they'd extend both of them and not Watt first?

If there was any chance at Watt I'd agree, he's still playing at a really high level and expect he will for the next couple years. Haven't seen how Mack has been, but if he still has anything left I think he's a more reasonable target and would love getting him.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
If there was any chance at Watt I'd agree, he's still playing at a really high level and expect he will for the next couple years. Haven't seen how Mack has been, but if he still has anything left I think he's a more reasonable target and would love getting him.

Hes 35 with an expiring contract. Would have to be a day 3 pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,098
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wouldn't mind trading for Khalil Mack! We tried to get him years ago and the raiders wouldn't send him to us.

If we're gonna trade for a 30 plus year old pass rusher I rather go all in for TJ Watt. I didn't know Pittsburgh extended Alex Highsmith too along with Nick Herbig. It's odd they'd extend both of them and not Watt first?

If there was any chance at Watt I'd agree, he's still playing at a really high level and expect he will for the next couple years. Haven't seen how Mack has been, but if he still has anything left I think he's a more reasonable target and would love getting him.

Myles Garrett being traded makes me believe that everyone is a possibility. I'd give up a 1st, 3rd and Keion White or Malik Mustapha for Watt. 49ers would instantly become Super Bowl favorites. But as for Khalil Mack, I wouldn't give up no more than a 5th round pick.
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,399
More and more I'm beginning to agree with the Rams approach of trading high picks for proven talent. The Lance debacle screwed us out of a few 1st rounders, but even when we've had them none have been worth it outside of Bosa.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone