LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Slay wants to come to the bay

What the 💩 that would be the best cb tandem in the nfl. He will be too expensive imo but if he wants a ring, get your ass over here. 12 mill per season sounds like a good deal Also, wouldn't count against the comp formula bc he was released

The 9ers need to make this happen.

I'll chip in. If all of us fans do, we should be able to make it happen
Originally posted by tankle104:

What the 💩 that would be the best cb tandem in the nfl. He will be too expensive imo but if he wants a ring, get your ass over here. 12 mill per season sounds like a good deal Also, wouldn't count against the comp formula bc he was released

If he wants to come here his ass needs to be realistic and not be a 32 year old cb asking for 3 years guaranteed
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

is this guy any good?

I'd love to have him, but I thought I read he wants more years on the contract and is 31.
I'm wary of a big contract for an older cornerback.

Walt Harris was an old man steal back in the day. I could go for another Walt.

True. But Walt Harris was a 2 year deal for $2.7M, and wasn't very highly touted at that stage in his career.
Slay, on the other hand, is a 5 time Pro Bowler and just had two straight Pro Bowls in 2021, 2022, and just played in the Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure some team will overpay him.

All it takes is one team to value you, look at MM.
https://apple.news/A2Qo-L5sMQSSKT95gyHUE6A
please let us sign this silly guy and have him breakout!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

is this guy any good?

I'd love to have him, but I thought I read he wants more years on the contract and is 31.
I'm wary of a big contract for an older cornerback.

Walt Harris was an old man steal back in the day. I could go for another Walt.

True. But Walt Harris was a 2 year deal for $2.7M, and wasn't very highly touted at that stage in his career.
Slay, on the other hand, is a 5 time Pro Bowler and just had two straight Pro Bowls in 2021, 2022, and just played in the Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure some team will overpay him.

All it takes is one team to value you, look at MM.

Fook it all

Clowney's value must be dropping close enough to where the Niners could actually afford him under the cap!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

If he wants to come here his ass needs to be realistic and not be a 32 year old cb asking for 3 years guaranteed

Turns out, Slay decided to accept the eagles offer afterall.
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Clowney's value must be dropping close enough to where the Niners could actually afford him under the cap!
he's a cancer.. no deal
I'm sitting here thinking about what we need and it dawned on me that it's pretty much us and Philly in the NFC and Philly won't be as strong as last year. The rest of the NFC really totally sucks now. We should theoretically walk into the NFC championship game. Soooo, If I were Lynch, I'd be looking at what we need to stop KC or Buffalo or Cincy in the Superbowl and have faith that we should get there.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

he's a cancer.. no deal

but but he had that one play in college that was cool!!!!

Originally posted by raywm3:
I'm sitting here thinking about what we need and it dawned on me that it's pretty much us and Philly in the NFC and Philly won't be as strong as last year. The rest of the NFC really totally sucks now. We should theoretically walk into the NFC championship game. Soooo, If I were Lynch, I'd be looking at what we need to stop KC or Buffalo or Cincy in the Superbowl and have faith that we should get there.

Did the Cowboys get worse? Both playoff games were very closely contested. I don't see them as some team we can just walk all over.
I don't see the 49ers being able to sign any more free agents. At least nobody that would make an impact. Unless they can somehow find a tackle that they can fit under the cap. It's up to the draft now to fill in their needs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't see the 49ers being able to sign any more free agents. At least nobody that would make an impact. Unless they can somehow find a tackle that they can fit under the cap. It's up to the draft now to fill in their needs.

They could use a good blocking TE and LB to replace for Al-Shaair.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

They could use a good blocking TE and LB to replace for Al-Shaair.

This is supposed to be a strong draft for TEs. I don't know about LBs but Al-Shaair was a smaller, faster LB that was good sideline to sideline. He's the type of LB that can be found in later rounds. Those types often aren't the stars on their defense but do a lot of the work while others get the headlines. He was an UDFA so maybe they can find a good replacement with one of those late round picks.
I think Burks will replace Al-Shaair. They do need some depth behind him though and for ST.
Share 49ersWebzone