LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lynch has shown a knack for finding some solid backups in late rounds and then finding some UDFA that become contributors. Many of their RBs were UDFAs.

Unfortunately when you are a top team and compete every year for the title you are drafting late so you don't have the opportunities to get the best players very often. On top of that, you have constant turnover because of the cap and players that are backups but want to be starters. It's the bad part of being a winner.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Mar 15, 2023 at 8:46 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Well, we can only hope to find a gem for the DE position.. I say sign Jadeveon " The Clown " Clowney !!!

give him 2 years!!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The only FA's I wish we kept were Moseley and Ohmenihu.

I still think its possible we can upgrade at corner and DE in the draft or FA.

If they can get a McCaffrey restructure done they should have the money to look at some pieces at CB, DE and OT. I doubt they sign a big name however.
What are the odds of us drafting a DL with our first pick?

Time to Invest some of that draft capital on the secondary and hopefully swing a trade or two.

Work that magic, Lynch.

This Is the time to go all In
Originally posted by 9moon:
Well, we can only hope to find a gem for the DE position.. I say sign Jadeveon " The Clown " Clowney !!!

give him 2 years!!

Does Clowney have anything left? He was considered an all time generational pass rusher but injuries, poor work habits and bd teams kept him from becoming the next Charles Haley.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
What are the odds of us drafting a DL with our first pick?

Time to Invest some of that draft capital on the secondary and hopefully swing a trade or two.

Work that magic, Lynch.

This Is the time to go all In

Agreed.

give him 2 years!!

Well if Drake makes a sophomore jump and not slump there's your Bosa bookend.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Lynch has shown a knack for finding some solid backups in late rounds and then finding some UDFA that become contributors. Many of their RBs were UDFAs.

Good point. I agree.

Not only did Shanahan/Lynch find and develop lesser talent, or backups, languishing on other teams, they turned them into stars. Two plus seasons ago, Charles Omenihu was OmeniWHO. Yet, the 49ers grab this unknown for a 5th round pick and turn him into a star. Now he's got a two year deal worth a cool $20 million from the Thiefs.

As much as I do not like to see these players leave, it's part of the business. Development is such a huge part of the game now. I'm sure there are other unknowns sitting on benches around the league that the 49ers have identified. You will see Lynch acquire them here or there, either by signing them as UDFA's or trading late round picks to get them.

give him 2 years!!

Why? So he can play for five minutes and get injured?

The 49ers have a DL coach who turns unknowns into stars. They go on to sign multi-million dollar deals. Every young lineman hoping to make a name for himself would walk on water to come and play for this team. The added plus? They stay healthy. Even when they get injured.
It's early! I'm very happy with our moves so far. We always find a few more cheap vets to bolster our roster depth and crush the draft.

Keep your heads up, gents! Don't get lost in the daily waves of emotion! It's a marathon, not a sprint!

Let's go, front office!

Slay wants to come to the bay
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Slay was slotted to make $17 in 2023, if I read it correctly. That's not happening in SF, that's for sure.

What the 💩 that would be the best cb tandem in the nfl. He will be too expensive imo but if he wants a ring, get your ass over here. 12 mill per season sounds like a good deal Also, wouldn't count against the comp formula bc he was released
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 15, 2023 at 11:24 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

give him 2 years!!

Does Clowney have anything left? He was considered an all time generational pass rusher but injuries, poor work habits and bd teams kept him from becoming the next Charles Haley.

... and this is why I believe that it would be good to sign him for 2 years ... he gots to have an ego big enough to know that he a bust if his story ends the way he at now.

Plus, I'm from the Old Walsh School of getting as much pass rushers as you can because one thing they can do is.. RUSH THE PASSER !!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by thl408:

Slay was slotted to make $17 in 2023, if I read it correctly. That's not happening in SF, that's for sure.

Much of that was pushed into 2023 from prior years. Eagles will be eating a boatload of dead money now.

Slay would have to agree to a much lower number.

It all depends on how much Marathe had set aside to re-sign Moseley. Maybe there is some money available. IDK
Share 49ersWebzone