There are 287 users in the forums

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Bellicheat schools Shanahan in the SB do you still want him as HC?

Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I just can't believe I'm going to be actually rooting hard for a team in the Super Bowl that's not the Niners for the first time.
Usually it's just passive enjoyment at best, or that I hate the Seahawks, but I never even watched the entire Seattle SB games, on account of I hate them so much.
Pulling for Shanny Jr. win or loose.

Super Bowl 49 was the hardest I've ever rooted for a non-Niners team that had no barring on the Niners' playoff hopes, and probably the hardest I ever will.

**** Seattle.
Originally posted by GardnervilleDave:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Nobody should be disappointed with only 5 wins next season.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So if the NFL's best OC loses 1 game to a dynasty, we should no longer want that guy to be our coach? WTF?

can you not read? i was implying an utter destruction something to the tune of Patriots XX Falcons 0-3 pts.
One game hardly means anything, it barely moves the needle.

Should we be worried because Shanahan's offense got shut down by the Eagles in Week 10? No. You judge a coach on his body of work, the Superbowl won't tell us anything we don't already know. It 's Shanahan's full history that should be the real reason for hope. He's had success with several different teams, quarterbacks, and styles, and he's proven to be creative and aggressive whether he's had a plethora of weapons at his disposal, or just a few.

The only real concern is that he's never been a head coach, and we don't really know how he'll be as a leader. Sometimes great strategists aren't great coaches. That said, he's earned his shot, and he's the best option for us. The connection to the franchise (and the glory years) through his Dad is the cherry on top.
I don't give a shiz what happens in the SB I've seen enough and that boi Shanahan Jr. can coach his arse off. He's already smoked seattle so bad they had to take mercy on them at the end of the game and not score that easy TD inside the 10. That's enough for me! Let's go Shanny Jr era !
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Chip Kelly is still available. I'd put money on it next year that someone will be complaining about Shanahan and wanting him fired after he only wins 5 games.

Assuming we lock up Shanahan and his GM of choice, I'm predicting 5-6 wins next season.

Your right They shouldn't be disappointed and should EXPECT it barring a Kirk cousins like trade...but sadly most 9er fans are "glass half empty" types 24/7 and will undoubtedly be calling for his head
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL.

No one is stopping that Atlanta offense. No one.

On the other hand, ATL's pass defense stops no one. It'll be an interesting matchup.
Shanny or bust.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Shanny or bust.

This. Not that we have any decent options.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Your right They shouldn't be disappointed and should EXPECT it barring a Kirk cousins like trade...but sadly most 9er fans are "glass half empty" types 24/7 and will undoubtedly be calling for his head

Seem to have a good showing in this poll so far, though.

Hopefully the Falcons offense has a good game against the top defense in the league in points allowed. If they have a bad game I'm waiting for the majority of this fanbase to panic and change their mind.

After averaging nearly 38 points per game, the 2013 Denver Broncos scored 8 points in the Super Bowl. I guess Adam Gase is a fraud coach and the Dolphins aren't happy to have him.

Wait a minute...

Screw shanahan if he loses....round up all the available NYG coaches from '07 and 2011

#DYNASTY
Ain't gonna happen the Falcon D is way better than the last couple team the Pats played, plus the offensive plays I saw of Shanahan's in the last game were outstanding and the Pats D are going to have big time problems stopping them, not to mention the run game plays of Kyle's...Go Falcons!!
hell yeah I'd still want him as HC, he ain't the defensive coordinator he's on the offensive side so there's really nothing the offense can do wrong and NE defense ain't what they seem.. Shanny and Co will take care of NE. If ATL lose this game it's because the D can't stop Brady IMO.
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Jan 25, 2017 at 12:14 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Niners99:
So if the NFL's best OC loses 1 game to a dynasty, we should no longer want that guy to be our coach? WTF?

can you not read? i was implying an utter destruction something to the tune of Patriots XX Falcons 0-3 pts.

Can YOU not read? ONE game means nothing. If the Falcons lose 56-0 it will have ZERO bearing on how good Kyle Shanahan will be as our coach.

Um Yes. Patriots winning wont matter which I think will happen anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone