Originally posted by thl408:I'd add Bowman to the list of 49ers players the Seahawks have deliberately set out to cripple.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by susweel:
srsly f**k that team they purposely injured Ian Williams back in the day on dirty play, and also a cheap shot on Delanie Walker broke his jaw.
Trashed Manninghams knee as well
Almost got Purcell on the same type of play as when Ian got his leg broken.
Not obvious but was pretty damn close to a chop block on an engaged linemen.
There are 767 users in the forums
49ers Week 3 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:27 PM
- 49er-from-Yavin-IV
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,851
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:27 PM
- Jamespowers
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,469
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Is it wrong that the only time I got excited all game was when harold injured Wilson ?
nope. t'was the only bright spot. Unless u count Hyde's garbage time TDs/Celebrations.
that was unnecessary...please stop all celebration at the end of the game when your down by 30 pts...
Agree
Absolutely pathetic!
Barlow used to do this also.
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Sucks for Ward getting injured. But man, why is a starting corner playing ST in the first place? Goes to show the true lack of depth on this team.
Exactly!
He was running and untouched it could have happened at anytime.
Agreed. And SEA starting defense plays a lot of special teams.
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:39 PM
- Sourball
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,279
Originally posted by Born49R:
Marv, good write up as always.
I really didn't like Kelly coming out and pulling a Harbaugh. Run,Run, Pass, on the first few series. What the hell?
And I really agree with Sus and Kolohe about Hyde. Annoyed the hell out of me too!
Looked like we weren't prepared all around and just came out flat.
Gotta blame the coaching and the players.
Agreed. I already dread seeing them playing Az on a short week if we look this bad with a full weeks practice. Should see Kap after the Az massacre
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM
- Sourball
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,279
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by susweel:
Is it wrong that the only time I got excited all game was when harold injured Wilson ?
I thought to myself..."well at least there's a silver lining"
I had to take a drink so people didn't see me smiling
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,783
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by susweel:
srsly f**k that team they purposely injured Ian Williams back in the day on dirty play, and also a cheap shot on Delanie Walker broke his jaw.
Trashed Manninghams knee as well
Almost got Purcell on the same type of play as when Ian got his leg broken.
Not obvious but was pretty damn close to a chop block on an engaged linemen.
I HATE those motherf**kers. that's exactly how they got Williams. That block became illegal because of them. hopefully that dude gets fined, but I'm sure he wont.
Man, if only Harold had snapped willow's ankle. I would've been elated.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 26, 2016 at 2:53 PM ]
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,185
I saw bits and pieces (got married this weekend and slept all day on Sunday lol)
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
Sep 26, 2016 at 2:55 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,783
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I saw bits and pieces (got married this weekend and slept all day on Sunday lol)
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
wow, looks like the ol' lady knocked some sense into you. congrats.
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM
- ForeverYoung8
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,090
whats the word with Torrey Smith? saw he had a injury.
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:05 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,147
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:I'd add Bowman to the list of 49ers players the Seahawks have deliberately set out to cripple.
No that was all Eric reid.
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:07 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Sorry Marvin, but saying it's not entirely Gabbert's fault is a cop out. He has receivers out there, not those robotic tackling dummies. If he would just take SOME shots down the field and at least try to complete something more than 10 yards, it would help this offense. He has got to be benched and soon if this team has any chance to win some games.
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:12 PM
- Hysterikal
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,099
Originally posted by NYniner85:I saw bits and pieces (got married this weekend and slept all day on Sunday lol)
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
Congratulations man!
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:16 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,185
Originally posted by ChazBoner:Originally posted by NYniner85:I saw bits and pieces (got married this weekend and slept all day on Sunday lol)
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
wow, looks like the ol' lady knocked some sense into you. congrats.
HA! Never thought either guy was anything...would like to see what Kap can do but whatever at this time.
Thanks!!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 26, 2016 at 3:23 PM ]
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:16 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,185
Originally posted by Hysterikal:Originally posted by NYniner85:I saw bits and pieces (got married this weekend and slept all day on Sunday lol)
I think people try to talk themselves into thinking we had a chance in his game, nothing is gonna change without a better QB.
Hope Ward is okay and did Vance get hurt as well?
Congratulations man!
Thanks dude
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:21 PM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
Good summary Marvin. Only thing missing is a post mortem on our HC/OC.,.and DC. This was supposed to be a yr when our biggest liability had been fixed....OC/HC. And then 2 weeks in a row, Chip comes out with run run pass....and punt. Did that 8 times , 8 EIGHT 3 and outs. Oh, and converted one 3rd down pass for another set of 3 and out. My question is where is the anger, the dissatisfaction with our OC/HC? It was there all game. And when chip went in at half time to make changes in game plan, we come back out and run....
Run run pass. And out. Man that was THE most depressing thing I have seen since tomsul was here last. It was a carbon copy for tomsul ...run run pass. And on the third down, SEA was ready for that pass every single stinking time. It was embarrassing our HC is such a hard head. And his presser? Jeez, "we wanted to get a little bit on first and second down to make it easier on 3rd down." Really? Our HC actually meant that? Wow....Right now....all the good things chip did in PS, getting guys off the bench, cutting the dead wood out....and then this great playcaller comes out and turns turtle. He literally chickened out and only once in 3rd Qtr led off with a pass... 12 yds, first down.
Chip is a huge disappointment to date, and maybe we need a new QB, WR, NT...but right now,....we need a good OC. And we don't have one at present.
Run run pass. And out. Man that was THE most depressing thing I have seen since tomsul was here last. It was a carbon copy for tomsul ...run run pass. And on the third down, SEA was ready for that pass every single stinking time. It was embarrassing our HC is such a hard head. And his presser? Jeez, "we wanted to get a little bit on first and second down to make it easier on 3rd down." Really? Our HC actually meant that? Wow....Right now....all the good things chip did in PS, getting guys off the bench, cutting the dead wood out....and then this great playcaller comes out and turns turtle. He literally chickened out and only once in 3rd Qtr led off with a pass... 12 yds, first down.
Chip is a huge disappointment to date, and maybe we need a new QB, WR, NT...but right now,....we need a good OC. And we don't have one at present.

