LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

WR Chris Harper

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We just cut DuJuan Harris.

Height: 5-11 Weight: 185

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Monday that they have promoted wide receiver Chris Harper to the active roster from the team's practice squad. In order to make room on the roster, the team has released running back DuJuan Harris.

Harper (5-11, 185) originally signed on the 49ers practice squad on Sept. 5, 2016. He entered the NFL with the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent on May 8, 2015 out of the University of California. After beginning the 2015 season on the Patriots practice squad, he was later elevated to the team's 53-man roster where he appeared in five games and registered one reception for six yards. He was released by New England on Sept. 3, 2016.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Promote-WR-Chris-Harper-to-Active-Roster-Release-RB-DuJuan-Harris/1ff22583-8cb4-4acc-b483-6a1edd6b6f1f
Leary of any and all Patriots castoffs.
In before the Championship.
Why so much movement the last couple days? First B. MIller makes the 53 man, only to be cut (rightfully so) after his incident the following day. Then Harris gets signed, to only be cut a couple days later. How much money does Harris get for being on our 53 man for a couple days? Is his full salary guaranteed since he made the 53? Anyone know?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by father49er:

OK how bout Champions**t
They must be happy with how he practiced this first week.

Harris on a bit of a roster roller coaster since the 53 cut down.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

right, we have had a few and none have turned out to do anything to be honest.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Why so much movement the last couple days? First B. MIller makes the 53 man, only to be cut (rightfully so) after his incident the following day. Then Harris gets signed, to only be cut a couple days later. How much money does Harris get for being on our 53 man for a couple days? Is his full salary guaranteed since he made the 53? Anyone know?

I don't think we originally wanted 4 RB's on the roster but didn't want teams to pick up Harris. Teams now probably like what they have so that we can try to get Harris on the PS.

Or I'm 100% wrong because I made it up as I type.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
right, we have had a few and none have turned out to do anything to be honest.

What really sucks is how they've gotten more out of our own castoffs than we ever did.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Should be. But it's peanuts relative to their cap room anyway, so who cares. And he can always re-sign with the PS.

As for why they waited to make this move, they probably really liked what they saw out of Harper in practice since he arrived. I doubt Harris would've been active tonight. I suspect Harper may not be. They probably saw losing Harper from their PS to another team as a bigger negative than losing Harris.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 12, 2016 at 3:02 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
damn. hours before gametime.
Originally posted by father49er:

Trying to follow.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Belichek and Chip are buddies. It's possible Bill told chip he cuts better receivers than what's on the niners 53.
Awesome, we finally have a #2 receiver
Share 49ersWebzone