49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 644 users in the forums

How does the Rams trade affect us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How does the Rams trade affect us?

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Cmon man stay positive. People compare Goff to Matt Ryan and while he's a good QB, the guy has two playoff appearances in 8 season.

I'm hoping the Rams draft Goff instead of Wentz.

Just because people compare them doesn't make them the same person...

Goff has displayed all the things you want to see from an NFL QB. 49ers would be the perfect fit for him. He gets to stay home, play for his favorite team in a QB friendly offense similar to the offense he ran in college.


With Wentz and Goff gone, Baalke better draft this guy!

[ Edited by cris_sonic on Apr 14, 2016 at 9:45 AM ]
NO qb 4 us In roUnd 1
I am ecstatic about this because I didn't want the Niners reaching for a QB that is not going to be the long term answer and missing out on better talent for a bigger need.

Fill some other holes and have Kap/Gabbert this year. We either find out Kap or Gabbert is the long term answer or we have another garbage season allowing us to draft a QB next year when we have already plugged some of the other holes and have lots of cap space again.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We must, IMO, build up both lines.

The wars are still won in the trenches.

I'm hoping for Buckner but am apprehensive he'll be there.

Butler seems more and more appealing.

Imagin if Tunsil fell! I know - that's really fantasy football.

I think the Rams will get a good QB however the RGIII debacle does come to mind.

if that linebacker ,jack, everyone is talking about is there as well when we pick, would you change your opinion? if i were the gm and all those guys were there when we picked i would get to excited , pee my pants. forget who i am and probably miss doing the pick like the vikes did

No, I wouldn't change my opinion.

That said, can you imagine how busy Trent will be fielding phone calls when it's our turn to pick!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think Walsh said you draft defensive talent and you develop offensive talent. We have the coach to do just that

Great point!

Ditto!
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,737
Originally posted by SoCold:
Has Trent ever drafted the player you wanted him to?

Trent has drafted plenty of players that pleased posters over here.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think Walsh said you draft defensive talent and you develop offensive talent. We have the coach to do just that

Great point!


I understand now. We need first offense score. We need grab at Josh Doctson #WR , 2nd round is Garrett OG and 3rd round is Bronson Kaufusi DE. then Next year for draft Defense Lines. Its simple my plans.
Does it matter? We've been screwed.

Also I don't think the niners thought either qb would fall to 7. If one did they would have worried about it then, but you know how drafts go getting all hot and heavy as it draws near. Rams have a damn good young defense so it's not a horrible move, but the qb better pan out lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,132
they might get a franchise QB that we maybe wanted
Originally posted by nj9er:
I think this sets us back tremendously as a certainty. If we lose out on Goff/ Wentz this year our QB situation is a disaster. While Kap may succeed under Kelly I think the relationship is too strained to work out. Also I don't think Kap bounces back at least not in SF. Now at 7 you don't take a QB since the value isn't there or do you reach for Lynch.

Lynch may be a discussion at 7 if he is there because it at least stops the bleeding at the QB position.

If you don't take Lynch at 7 and you don't trade back you probably go with the best defensive player or OL on the board. Ok that is great but how much of an impact is that player going to have? Most likely one defensive player or OL won't lift this team out of the basement. Also now you have to still deal with QB in round 2 or you have to burn picks to trade your second to move up to make sure you come out with Cook.

It is just a mess now and the odds of cleaning it up are very small.

Also if the Rams nail the pick we are going to be in the basement of the NFC West for a very long time. Seattle has a QB for unforeseeable future, Arizona has a QB for next few years, and now the Rams could have a QB for next decade. We could be left trying to plug in a QB off the scrap pile year after year.

Lynch? At 7? That would be a complete shock. It isn't that I don't like him, it would just be a huge mistake to take him anywhere near that high. He will still be available much lower.
Hopefully the Rams take Wentz, and he busts. That would affect us in a good way after they put all their eggs in this basket.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,737
Originally posted by susweel:
they might get a franchise QB that we maybe wanted

Are they buying a Pinto or a Lambo ? And does Rams OC Rob Boras even have a license to drive ?
I'm actually glad, because I didn't want the 49ers to take a QB round one. This just means someone will fall to us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,132
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by susweel:
they might get a franchise QB that we maybe wanted

Are they buying a Pinto or a Lambo ? And does Rams OC Rob Boras even have a license to drive ?

Im not sure either guy was worth selling the farm over, we shall see.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone