There are 239 users in the forums

Kap's March 31st Deadline Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I thought this was gonna ba a minute by minute countdown thread.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by strickac:
Chip, like Harbaugh, has a knack for making QBs look better than they are. If Kap was valued as a 3rd-4th rounder after getting benched, Chip's system should elevate him to a better pick next season.

He could be a hot commodity next offseason. It worked in dealing Alex. Kap's contract isn't hurting us, so there's no rush.

There's no need for logic on this forum......

Right! And for those Goff/Wentz draft fans, having Kaepernick come in, play well, or at least adequately , have the new QB of the future sit for a year, then trade Kaepernick for a better pick next year, well that would be a great scenario, no?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Assuming that we don't draft a qb in the first, Kap will have my full support this coming season. This has to be a wake up call for him and a humbling experience. I look forward to seeing how he handles this.

Even if we do draft a QB, Kaepernick, or Blaine for that matter, will have my support this coming year. I want what is best for the team, not any particular player.
Someone else might have posted this or something similar.... but maybe the plang all along was.

Kap gets his 12mill no matter what
49ers get Broncos' 2nd Pick (almost a 3rd)

and Broncos have the 9ers pay the some or alot of the 12 mill. (since they have the cap space)

49ers might view the Broncos are in a more desperate situation than the 9ers... especially since now the 9ers have to pay the 12 mill...so why not keep him on the team (even if drama might happen..but with Kap saying he will report to Kap and take part in workouts..9ers might be serious about not cutting him)

Broncos can't add him to the team on this year's cap it....so they need 9ers to pay a certain amount.

Kaepernick and his agents didn't care how it was worked out. He was going to get his 12mill. Let then figure it out.

so that is why the Broncos couldn't get deal done before April 1st. Kaepernick wasn't budging...and 9ers weren't going to release him without getting what they wanted or close to it.

now the issue is once again... who is going to call who's bluff. Will Broncos feel it is not worth it for them to give up a 2nd round pick? and wait another season for Kap or another QB available?

but eitherway this kind of makes sense why there was never really a chance that a deal was going to be done before this deadline. Kaepernick held the cards about his guaranteed money.

now it is up to the Broncos and 9ers to figure out what to do about the money and draft pick.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 31, 2016 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
We finally get to see what Chip's offense can do with a mobile QB. Maybe it works or maybe we'll just get our young defensive players extra snaps on our way to drafting in the top-5 next year.

This
I will support anybody who play's for my beloved Haynecisco 49ers,best of luck in 2016 Mr Kap,God bless young man.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Someone else might have posted this or something similar.... but maybe the plang all along was.

and Broncos have the 9ers pay the some or alot of the 12 mill. (since they have the cap space)

49ers might view the Broncos are in a more desperate situation than the 9ers... especially since now the 9ers have to pay the 12 mill...so why not keep him on the team (even if drama might happen..but with Kap saying he will report to Kap and take part in workouts..9ers might be serious about not cutting him)

Broncos can't add him to the team on this year's cap it....so they need 9ers to pay a certain amount.

Kaepernick and his agents didn't care how it was worked out. He was going to get his 12mill. Let then figure it out.

so that is why the Broncos couldn't get deal done before April 1st. Kaepernick wasn't budging...and 9ers weren't going to release him without getting what they wanted or close to it.

now the issue is once again... who is going to call who's bluff. Will Broncos feel it is not worth it for them to give up a 2nd round pick? and wait another season for Kap or another QB available?

but eitherway this kind of makes sense why there was never really a chance that a deal was going to be done before this deadline. Kaepernick held the cards about his guaranteed money.

now it is up to the Broncos and 9ers to figure out what to do about the money and draft pick.

Good Post!!

I'd love it if it went down like this.

Another thought that may support that is Shanchez/Denver is an injury away from a lost season.

No way he could lead them to post season and if he gets injured, Broncos are toast.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
This deadline is a non-story. He doesn't get paid any of this money until the season starts. If he's traded he'll most likely be asked beforehand to renegotiate the amount of guaranteed money for the season. And he couldn't get cut without the team making an injury settlement with him along with getting nothing in return....

We're not talking about getting paid. We're talking about the contract becoming fully guaranteed.

But it was already guaranteed due to his injuries that haven't fully healed yet.

It would be a different story if he passed a physical weeks ago and was still on the roster with this date coming up.

Maybe. If Elway wants him, it is a round two pick. Or equivalent. Maybe we do something about next year's draft, if Elway really wants him, and if Chip and Baalke have a plan. Shrug. I don't think anything happens. I see Kaepernick in Santa Clara on Monday morning. The question is, will he be healthy enough to participate? And if not, I can't wait for the inevitable firestorm that would surround that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This deadline is a non-story. He doesn't get paid any of this money until the season starts. If he's traded he'll most likely be asked beforehand to renegotiate the amount of guaranteed money for the season. And he couldn't get cut without the team making an injury settlement with him along with getting nothing in return....

We're not talking about getting paid. We're talking about the contract becoming fully guaranteed.

But it was already guaranteed due to his injuries that haven't fully healed yet.

It would be a different story if he passed a physical weeks ago and was still on the roster with this date coming up.

True, I agree.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good Post!!

I'd love it if it went down like this.

Another thought that may support that is Shanchez/Denver is an injury away from a lost season.

No way he could lead them to post season and if he gets injured, Broncos are toast.

Why couldn't Sanchez lead them to the post season?

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Because, he's Sanchez.

Because, he's Sanchez.

Because, he's Sanchez.

Sanchez had a 4-2 post season record when he was on a team with a good defense and run game....

The way Denver is set up now they don't need a lot from their QB to win.
[ Edited by aTx49er on Mar 31, 2016 at 9:43 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sanchez had a 4-2 post season record when he was on a team with a good defense and run game....

The way Denver is set up now they need a lot from their QB to win.

Yeah, but Sanchez is turrible and I think you mean, that Denver doesn't need much from the QB.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 31, 2016 at 9:24 AM ]
When do OTAs begin?
Share 49ersWebzone