There are 378 users in the forums
Your guess about whether or not Kap will be on 49ers team this year (2016 season).
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Your guess about whether or not Kap will be on 49ers team this year (2016 season).
Feb 27, 2016 at 7:10 AM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
Who cares, he should cash in with a Reality Show. If it takes off he can sell his brand and maybe date a Kardashian and be a mega-star.
Feb 27, 2016 at 7:14 AM
- Blindfury
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,663
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I just don't see him being here...he doesn't want to be here, the locker room seems to not want him, chip might want him...but I don't know if that is enough when it becomes so clear how disfunctional it will get.
According to who? One thing about this Kaep thing is very short on factual information. Just a lot of people with slanted views trying to piece information together to follow some sort of narrative.
All we have to go on are "rumours" Yay. Personally I don't know what that locker room is like or how players really feel about the guy, the funny thing is people here act like they do know as if they're there. LOL.
Feb 27, 2016 at 7:39 AM
- GolittaCamper
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,277
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I just don't think he wants to be here, and I don't think Coach Kelly will be able to convince him to stay. My hunch is he gets released instead of traded.
I hope he is here, and Chip can rebuild his confidence. I don't think he gets released, he will get traded, if even for a 7th round pick, so the team can control where he plays next season.
I would prefer to see Kap, Gabberet, and a rookie battle it out in camp.Let Kap have plenty of preseason snaps, show case him before a trade, or see what he can do. We have the cap space, so there is no real downside to stringing him along and trying to salvage him.
Its a shame we are such a s**tty franchise, guys would rather retire than be here, they ask to be traded, flushing the entire front office after last season, would have been a good idea. I think perhaps Trent is real problem.
Jed is just a silver spoon up his ass fool, who just wants his shiny toy to work. Trent has too much ego for a GM, he needs to shut up, do his job, and find talent.
Feb 27, 2016 at 8:20 AM
- LVJay
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,847
The fix is in and the "mutual" divorce started a while back
Feb 27, 2016 at 8:35 AM
- deepniner
- Veteran
- Posts: 752
The Niners need to move from Kap. I don't particularly care about all the stuff that's been said lately in the media. The real issue sadly, is that Kap will never be a great QB, as he simply doesn't have the natural instincts for the position and he doesn't put enough effort on building the instincts by practicing repeatedly.
[ Edited by deepniner on Feb 27, 2016 at 1:06 PM ]
Feb 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM
- crabman82
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,024
Arena league mvp next season
Feb 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM
- 5timechamps
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,990
I say trade him and the #7 pick to Cleveland for the #2 pick.imo
Feb 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM
- TheWooLick
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,703
Originally posted by deepniner:The Niners need to move from Kap. I don't particularly care about all the stuff that's been said lately in the media. The real issue sadly, is that Kap will never be a great QB, as he simply doesn't have the instincts naturally to play the game and he doesn't put enough effort on building the instincts by making practicing repeatedly.
I wish they had someone to move on to.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM ]
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:10 PM
- Zachary13White
- Veteran
- Posts: 521
I don't feel like there are enough facts out there right now to say either way unless it's a complete guess. If he really doesn't want to be here then he wont tho. Butttttt.... I haven't heard him say that, HAVE YOU?
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,078
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I don't feel like there are enough facts out there right now to say either way unless it's a complete guess. If he really doesn't want to be here then he wont tho. Butttttt.... I haven't heard him say that, HAVE YOU?
He hasn't really said he wants to stay either. He's also not knocking down any trade rumors.
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM
- Zachary13White
- Veteran
- Posts: 521
Originally posted by TheWooLick:Originally posted by deepniner:The Niners need to move from Kap. I don't particularly care about all the stuff that's been said lately in the media. The real issue sadly, is that Kap will never be a great QB, as he simply doesn't have the instincts naturally to play the game and he doesn't put enough effort on building the instincts by making practicing repeatedly.
I wish they had someone to move on to.
Hop on the Blaine Train I have a feeling he's gonna be just fine with chip on board
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:18 PM
- Zachary13White
- Veteran
- Posts: 521
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by Zachary13White:I don't feel like there are enough facts out there right now to say either way unless it's a complete guess. If he really doesn't want to be here then he wont tho. Butttttt.... I haven't heard him say that, HAVE YOU?
He hasn't really said he wants to stay either. He's also not knocking down any trade rumors.
You are completely right at the same time nobody knows anything it could be possible They told Kaeps reps that Chips leaning towards Gabbert I mean unlikely but we know nothing is my point. I believe Gabbert is the better option in chips offense at this point he's hungry and I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder from all the jax stuff he went thru
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,325
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I don't feel like there are enough facts out there right now to say either way unless it's a complete guess. If he really doesn't want to be here then he wont tho. Butttttt.... I haven't heard him say that, HAVE YOU?
If his agents are being reported as saying this and for some reason it is not accurate, then he's had plenty of opportunity to shoot it down.
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:23 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If his agents are being reported as saying this and for some reason it is not accurate, then he's had plenty of opportunity to shoot it down.
Yup. Kap is active on twitter, he could have shot down those rumors any time he wanted if they weren't true.
But they probably are true, and he's keeping his options open. No reason for him to say anything at this point.
Plus the guy who reported the trade request, Rand Getlin, has been retweeted by Kap many times. It seems pretty clear to me that Kap and his agents fed him the news of the trade request, and it was definitely a middle finger to Niners management less than 24 hours after they said he'd be a part of the team.
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM
- pete98146
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,619
Not a chance he'll be on the team next year.