There are 228 users in the forums

Chips draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the signing of kelly how do u think it will effect us in the draft? Are we going to be more aggressive or trade back now that he is the HC? Any players u think he will want that bad for trading up? He drafted OL lane Johnson when he landed in philly and I believe with our OL play last year there is a big chance we go OL like a stanly...tunsil wont drop to us but if he does its a no brainer.. I'm hearing alot of Treadwell now too...what do u guys think? How does chip change our drafting?
I guess he will discuss with Baalke who will try to accommodate his needs. More likely to take a WR high maybe. But it is still Baalke's draft. Thankfully.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think he goes WR at #7.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
I can see us going for a project WR like Pharoh Cooper or Braxton Miller somewhere in this draft. Ideally we'd use our first couple picks on D.
If we address th OL in free agency, I could see us going WR in the first, Treadwekk or Doctson
Please my god receiver. Been a drought since Owens left. Boldin was great but we need a real 1 threat.
Our line was a mess this year and he's shown hes not scared going after a lineman early in drafts... Can we really pass up a jack or Ramsey or even goff if he falls to us? Is goff he off our board for sure now?
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:03 AM ]
At WR, a few vertical guys I could see Coleman, Doctson, and Fuller. Those are all trade back players
With the 1st overall pick in the Chips draft, the webzone selects.....Cool Ranch Doritos.
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
Our line was a mess this year and he's shown hes not scared going after a lineman early in drafts... Can we really pass up a jack or Ramsey or even goff if he falls to us? Is goff he off our board for sure now?

I doubt anyone is off their board other than possibly Nkemdiche.

People are assuming that they take a WR and bypass a QB but all that remains to be seen.

Basically BPA should be the rule of thumb. I would expect OL or DL to be the pick depending on what goes down in FA.

Chip is in charge of the draft now?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Chip is in charge of the draft now?

No but I'm sure he has some kind of input on it
I think the WR situation depends on how much we trust the young guys. Can Patton be an effective receiver? Will Ellington be a good deep threat and weapon to our offense? DeAndre Smelter is having a good recover? Will DeAndrew White, DiAndre Campbell and Dres Anderson be some of Baalke's great UDFA pick? Is Anquon Boldin retiring?

If Baalke/Chip don't trust them I think they spend a 1st round pick in Treadwell.
If they have mixed fellings I think they spend a 2nd(Doctson, Coleman, Boyd or Thomas) or a 3rd(Miller or Cooper).
If they trust them I think they will spend a late round pick or just wait for the UDFAs.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we address th OL in free agency, I could see us going WR in the first, Treadwekk or Doctson

Yep. I need 49ers should sign our OG, OT and C in Free Agency!

We should sign for Cowboys Olines. We should steal it. The Cowboys Oline are best the protected. Um. I think, we should sign for Cowboys as Coach Oline? I am figure out.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Jan 15, 2016 at 6:58 AM ]
Oline and then again WE NEED SPEED.
Share 49ersWebzone