There are 693 users in the forums
How many wins next year for Kelly's first season to be considered successful?
Shop Find 49ers gear online
How many wins next year for Kelly's first season to be considered successful?
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:14 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
100
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:15 AM
- NinerSickness
- Member
- Posts: 8,897
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
2-14 secure 1st overall pick, rebuild 2016/2017 drafts, come out firing in 2017 after the draft.
This.
Don't care about winning in 2016; it's going to be a forgettable season anyway. The target should be 2017.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:16 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Number of wins is short-sighted thinking IMO. This season will be lost if we don't get a young QB to groom and develop in this system. If we can get a dynamic play-making QB like Goff, Lynch or Wentz to start learning from Kelly and be ready to take over in 2017 I personally don't care how many wins we get this year.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:21 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,329
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Number of wins is short-sighted thinking IMO. This season will be lost if we don't get a young QB to groom and develop in this system. If we can get a dynamic play-making QB like Goff, Lynch or Wentz to start learning from Kelly and be ready to take over in 2017 I personally don't care how many wins we get this year.
It is best that we get an NFL QB in my opinion. Kap was fine for what they were doing at Nevada. But I just don't think he has what it takes for the NFL level. I think any of those 3 could become a quality NFL QB. Of course there are no guarantees. They could bust too. But I would understand if they picked one of those and at least gave it a shot.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:23 AM
- SundayTicket
- Member
- Posts: 5,316
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Number of wins is short-sighted thinking IMO. This season will be lost if we don't get a young QB to groom and develop in this system. If we can get a dynamic play-making QB like Goff, Lynch or Wentz to start learning from Kelly and be ready to take over in 2017 I personally don't care how many wins we get this year.
I don't get this. In another thread you just said we shouldn't spend a high pick on a qb if we are sticking with kaepernick, but all signs point to us keeping kaepernick for another year so how are we going to get these qbs u are talking about when u dont want to draft high enough to get them
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:28 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,413
9
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:42 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Number of wins is short-sighted thinking IMO. This season will be lost if we don't get a young QB to groom and develop in this system. If we can get a dynamic play-making QB like Goff, Lynch or Wentz to start learning from Kelly and be ready to take over in 2017 I personally don't care how many wins we get this year.
I don't get this. In another thread you just said we shouldn't spend a high pick on a qb if we are sticking with kaepernick, but all signs point to us keeping kaepernick for another year so how are we going to get these qbs u are talking about when u dont want to draft high enough to get them![]()
Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off. Since reading/comprehension seems to be an issue for you, I'll help you out...this is what I wrote:
If Lynch is there, you have to take him. We can and should use our cap space on rebuilding the o-line (I'd pay top dollar for Kelechi Osemele and put him at LG, sign KC's Jeff Allen to play RG, then bite my lip and welcome Davis back to play RT), but you can't pass up a potential franchise QB...especially one that seems perfectly suited for your new offense.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 15, 2016 at 12:45 AM ]
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:46 AM
- SundayTicket
- Member
- Posts: 5,316
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by SundayTicket:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Number of wins is short-sighted thinking IMO. This season will be lost if we don't get a young QB to groom and develop in this system. If we can get a dynamic play-making QB like Goff, Lynch or Wentz to start learning from Kelly and be ready to take over in 2017 I personally don't care how many wins we get this year.
I don't get this. In another thread you just said we shouldn't spend a high pick on a qb if we are sticking with kaepernick, but all signs point to us keeping kaepernick for another year so how are we going to get these qbs u are talking about when u dont want to draft high enough to get them![]()
Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off.
Omgggggggggg lol
Chill out. I've read 5 of your posts in 2 different threads and posted this before u replied in another. And your 5 posts have implied something completely different.. Also Read the "times" on the posts to see when something's being posted. Lmao
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM
- SundayTicket
- Member
- Posts: 5,316
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off. Since reading/comprehension seems to be an issue for you, I'll help you out...this is what I wrote:
If Lynch is there, you have to take him. We can and should use our cap space on rebuilding the o-line (I'd pay top dollar for Kelechi Osemele and put him at LG, sign KC's Jeff Allen to play RG, then bite my lip and welcome Davis back to play RT), but you can't pass up a potential franchise QB...especially one that seems perfectly suited for your new offense.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:50 AM
- JerrySandwich
- UptightVegemite
- Posts: 15,509
12-4
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:52 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off. Since reading/comprehension seems to be an issue for you, I'll help you out...this is what I wrote:
If Lynch is there, you have to take him. We can and should use our cap space on rebuilding the o-line (I'd pay top dollar for Kelechi Osemele and put him at LG, sign KC's Jeff Allen to play RG, then bite my lip and welcome Davis back to play RT), but you can't pass up a potential franchise QB...especially one that seems perfectly suited for your new offense.
I take it you disagree with that.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM
- SundayTicket
- Member
- Posts: 5,316
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by SundayTicket:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off. Since reading/comprehension seems to be an issue for you, I'll help you out...this is what I wrote:
If Lynch is there, you have to take him. We can and should use our cap space on rebuilding the o-line (I'd pay top dollar for Kelechi Osemele and put him at LG, sign KC's Jeff Allen to play RG, then bite my lip and welcome Davis back to play RT), but you can't pass up a potential franchise QB...especially one that seems perfectly suited for your new offense.
I take it you disagree with that.
Disagree with what? I laugh because I agree with your stance on the qb situation. I thought the reading comprehension part sucked a bag of di*ks. But that's about the only part I disagreed with
Jan 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Dude, wtf is your problem? Go back and read the entire thread before you pop off. Since reading/comprehension seems to be an issue for you, I'll help you out...this is what I wrote:
If Lynch is there, you have to take him. We can and should use our cap space on rebuilding the o-line (I'd pay top dollar for Kelechi Osemele and put him at LG, sign KC's Jeff Allen to play RG, then bite my lip and welcome Davis back to play RT), but you can't pass up a potential franchise QB...especially one that seems perfectly suited for your new offense.
I take it you disagree with that.
Disagree with what? I laugh because I agree with your stance on the qb situation. I thought the reading comprehension part sucked a bag of di*ks. But that's about the only part I disagreed with
Jan 15, 2016 at 2:08 AM
- CityKing415
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,048
Playoffs or bust.
Jan 15, 2016 at 3:50 AM
- slowriot
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,933
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
8 Wins
This. We want to get to 500 and show improvement. I think we'll actually do better than 8-8 though - of course, we have a whole offseason of changes yet to take place, so we'll see.
