-
JoeMoKnows
- Member
-
- Posts: 463
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I was really against him coming here and posted so several times. Like others i had seen his film and games. He was awful. Lot i know. . He proved me wrong in spades , and did most of it on his own with film, playbook studies. So i would not want to bet against blaine again. He made me feel and look stupid. The guy has obvious talent altho playing behind the worst OL in the league. I kept suggesting blaine be brot in to see if he could function with the non existent OL. Kap obviously couldn't and i felt if blaine could , well that would tell us that altho the OL stunk, it was serviceable . Much to my surprise, blaine was able to work with the horrendous OL and no Hyde besides. That sold me on blaine. His D reads sold me. HIs 3-5 yd passes on the mark sold me. His ability to evade the D ...sold me. His command of the playbook, his ability to throw before the break, his 55 and 45 yd bombs, right on the money..;they all sold me.
So those that are hanging on for kap, and disregarding blaine, unhhhh.....maybe you should try watching blaine and see something to cheer about for the first time since game 9 of last yr. After that it was all downhill for kap, and i wish blaine would have been called on earlier. I blew it rating blaine on his work from 2 and a half yrs ago. This is a dfifferent guy. A confident, accurate, real life Nfl QB, something we haven't had for over a yr. It's about time. And he is doing it under the worst of circumstances....imagine what he could do with a functioning OL and with our #1 RB.
My guess....we haven't seen anything yet. Stay tuned.
The biggest differences between BG and kap are BG has more QB talents to begin with (why he was drafted 10th overall and his potential to improve on those talents are still growing) and is mentally mature for the NFL (another example: Russell Wilson from the get-go) while kap is still the same project that hasn't grown much with regards to his NFL QB essentials and still mentally immature.
[ Edited by JoeMoKnows on Dec 8, 2015 at 6:47 AM ]
-
pasodoc9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 21,040
Kolohe
Moderator
Posts: 34,661
I kinda think this thread is irrelevant, Kaepernick is still the starting QB as long as he's on the rooster. BUT, I think Gabbert can be a 3-4 year starter for the 49ers if he keeps up his play.
Kolohe, my understanding was he was demoted and gab took his place. Yes there is report of torn labrum, but who knows? Haven't seen a medical report confirming that. So my question is, "Has kap been on the sidelines cheering his team on, or has he been MIA". And if so, why? He gets demoted and then doesn't show up? IF i am wrong and he has been there, then i retract the question, but ....has he been there, and if not, why not.?
-
Cjez
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 170,769
oh god, i hope not for the long run. that would me we're so f**ked
-
TooSmooth49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 60
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
And something he does have that is special is his ability to scramble and find the open guy. Not every qb has that and it's a deadly trait. Especially because teams now have to respect his legs. Sky is the limit
YES. this is what makes Romo so good!
-
NeeJ49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 9,580
Right now he is the next Steve Bono or Matt Cavanaugh , couple more W's this year and he could possibly be moving towards Jeff Garcia status ...get him some top talent on the right side of the line, and more legit weapons, and we'll go from there
-
RishikeshA
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 12,720
It's way too early to make a decision. His footwork and awareness in the pocket are right there. We have a screen game and a short passing game. He definitely has the arm strength and so far does not appear to panic in the pocket. I guess the best thing I can say is that I want to see more.
-
Truman49
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 165
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I was really against him coming here and posted so several times. Like others i had seen his film and games. He was awful. Lot i know. . He proved me wrong in spades , and did most of it on his own with film, playbook studies. So i would not want to bet against blaine again. He made me feel and look stupid. The guy has obvious talent altho playing behind the worst OL in the league. I kept suggesting blaine be brot in to see if he could function with the non existent OL. Kap obviously couldn't and i felt if blaine could , well that would tell us that altho the OL stunk, it was serviceable . Much to my surprise, blaine was able to work with the horrendous OL and no Hyde besides. That sold me on blaine. His D reads sold me. HIs 3-5 yd passes on the mark sold me. His ability to evade the D ...sold me. His command of the playbook, his ability to throw before the break, his 55 and 45 yd bombs, right on the money..;they all sold me.
So those that are hanging on for kap, and disregarding blaine, unhhhh.....maybe you should try watching blaine and see something to cheer about for the first time since game 9 of last yr. After that it was all downhill for kap, and i wish blaine would have been called on earlier. I blew it rating blaine on his work from 2 and a half yrs ago. This is a dfifferent guy. A confident, accurate, real life Nfl QB, something we haven't had for over a yr. It's about time. And he is doing it under the worst of circumstances....imagine what he could do with a functioning OL and with our #1 RB.
My guess....we haven't seen anything yet. Stay tuned.
He is young, athletic, solid arm and by all accounts a good leader. I think we need to let him start another year to find out if he could be the starter for the next ten years. We all have opinions, but no one really knows what will happen...
-
Existence
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 356
I look at it this way: If Gabbert were our new rookie QB, and the last four games were his first ever starts, I would be
thrilled at what I saw (poise, vision, decision making, escapability, standing in strong, clutch finish) and feel very confident about our future.
Sometimes we get too hung up on the past.
[ Edited by Existence on Dec 8, 2015 at 8:26 AM ]
-
InsertNameHere1
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,556
Originally posted by Antix:
Seems like the world's greatest game manager so far.
Game managers can be successful.
One of the most important things, for a QB, is to limit the turnovers.
-
socalniner
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 19,420
Originally posted by Existence:
I look at it this way: If Gabbert were our new rookie QB, and the last four games were his first ever starts, I would be thrilled at what I saw (poise, vision, decision making, escapability, standing in strong, clutch finish) and feel very confident about our future.
Sometimes we get too hung up on the past.
Give him some weapons and an offseason to work with. I see a guy who studies film and has all the physical tools.
Why not Gabbert?
-
Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 67,124
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kolohe
Moderator
Posts: 34,661
I kinda think this thread is irrelevant, Kaepernick is still the starting QB as long as he's on the rooster. BUT, I think Gabbert can be a 3-4 year starter for the 49ers if he keeps up his play.
Kolohe, my understanding was he was demoted and gab took his place. Yes there is report of torn labrum, but who knows? Haven't seen a medical report confirming that. So my question is, "Has kap been on the sidelines cheering his team on, or has he been MIA". And if so, why? He gets demoted and then doesn't show up? IF i am wrong and he has been there, then i retract the question, but ....has he been there, and if not, why not.?
Well from what I've read is that Kap was rehabbing and was ordered by the doctors to not attend the home games. Kap also tweeted a congrats on the win vs. Chicago. So that kinda answers questions for me at least I hope it does.
-
Luckycharms
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 950
I think he can be like a more athletic Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB. A slightly above middle teir qb who you can win 10 games with if you have pieces around him and decent coaching. The good thing about Gabbert is he's still young. He's only 26 I believe so he still has time to continue developing. I'm glad we have him signed through next year, I really think we stick with him and try and put some pieces together around him. I really like his athleticism and his quick release.
-
Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 15,079
No idea. I will settle for the stop-gap/bridge and then go from there. There is absolutely no point in speculating. He has the talent. Now it's just a matter of weathering the storm of team talent, and putting in the work, if Gabs is to be that longer duration QB.
If you really want people to wildly guess on his future, I'll just be optimistic and say longer-term starter. Why not? Nothing to lose by throwing some belief his way.
-
SteveWallacesHelmet
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 24,099
I just hope that with Blaine's recent stretch of decent play, he has not tricked our feeble minded front office into thinking he is the long term solution. Reading on Twitter, internet forums and listening to sports talk radio, I see that he has tricked a lot of Niner fans he should be given the opportunity to be just that.
I am still of the opinion that we should draft a QB high, let him sit for one season, and take over as starter in 2017.
-
BleedsRedNGold
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,833
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Our starting QB for the next 7-10yrs.
Dude is talented. He just needs weapons and better blocking and scheming/coaching.
I agree. If you look at the circumstances surrounding him in Jacksonville, you would see that not even Tom Brady could survive in that environment.