LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 121 users in the forums

how could these refs still have jobs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stud
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Stud:
I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but one. NFL is a business. They want to control who is successful and want to make certain matchups. They give refs power to help out teams to give them an advantage, then throw a few pointless flags for the team that is getting screwed to make it look like they are being objective. It's becoming too obvious now. LOL.

There's truth to this.

It's getting harder and harder for me to stomach the NFL and its seemingly endless bulls**t. This game has become a complete joke over the last 10 or so years. The younger fans know no different so unfortunately it will continue until the game is a shadow of what it once was.

NFL has zero accountability.

Yup. But thankfully for me, I'm a big college Football fan. And it still seems to have integrity. NFL is getting more watered down every year. It's BS. I mean, the Titans lost today because of a phantom hold. It's only a 5 yard penalty but it's an automatic first down? What the f-ck?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I hope u guys learned something new today. the facemask is part of the helmet.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

just go away dude. all you're doing is trolling. its a b******t call and everybody besides you knows it.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I love Boone, re-sign him NOW!

clearly the players still have belief and passion, which is good to see
Originally posted by jrg:
just go away dude. all you're doing is trolling. its a b******t call and everybody besides you knows it.

No Chaz is right. Start taking out their knees. Oh wait. Cant go low either. Soooooo where exactly are you supposed to hit a QB?
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Textbook tackle. That is how it is taught. Head up, wrap up, through the chest and torso; the problem is Palmer ducks his head at the last second causing his helmet to launch upward.

It really should be a reviewable call. If the QB Ducks his head, it should not be the fault of the defender. The defender is attempting to tackle according to NFL protocol. If a QB dips his head, that is on the QB.

agree, but it's not reviewable, it's a penalty with today's rules. it's b******t, but it's the way it is.

The league needs to make it reviewable. A team should not be punished for attempting a tackle the league is encouraging. Dial was literally tackling with his head up as the league encourages. Palmer ducks, which should be on the QB and not a penalty on the defensive player. The league should address this; but I know they won't.

so all the QB has to do to get a penalty EVERY sack is lower their head? Ridiculous
ya, but it gets called EVERY time regardless of what teams are playing. so it's expected.

and that is why those plays need to be reviewed. the officials are calling it in response to goodell in their ear. take it upstairs to get the full picture and pick up the flag when it is clear that it wasn't roughing.
Just trying to come to terms with the NFL just being a bad product right now...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theauviper:
so all the QB has to do to get a penalty EVERY sack is lower their head? Ridiculous

Sadly, yes.

• Stud
The most hilarious thing about today wasn't just the refs forgetting what down it was, it was the fact that they gave Arizona first and goal FIVE TIMES at the goal line. Even my dad had to facepalm at that. LOL.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

I don't make the rules, i just know them. I hope you learned something today.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM ]
  • Stud
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Just trying to come to terms with the NFL just being a bad product right now...

That's an understatement. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to put up with this sh-t.
Unlike the NBA, which has full time officials,the NFL has part time refs.And although those NFL officials go to officials school, attend meetings, have a solid officiating background, and are rated on their game performance,and are paid good $$, they still don't spend as much time learning,studying and practicing their craft as other leagues do for their Full time Refs. and it shows.

I don't make the rules, i just know them. I hope you learned something today.

We get that the rules are what they are currently, but even Cards fans think it was a horrendous call. The NFL needs to fix it. If I'm a QB in the NFL, I'm lowering my head at any defender trying to tackle me to get 15 yards and a first down.

Like I said, if a QB lowers his head in the pocket and a roughing flag is thrown, that needs to be reviewable. The defender can only do so much. If a QB ducks he is knowingly putting himself in danger. I understand it is reflex, but by ducking the head, the QB is lowering his head into the defender's strike zone. That should not be a foul.

Again, I get the penalty as called. But the rule needs to be changed.
Share 49ersWebzone