LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 109 users in the forums

how could these refs still have jobs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
of course the chick is reffing this game lol

why do you think the refs were so indecisive?
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Just to be an A$$, and a Pain in the Butt, I'm e-mailing the NFL office in Manhattan in the
morning, with this picture, and .gif. I know it probably won't matter, but gonna' do it anyway:

Will go straight to the NFL's junk/spam folder. I did this with the Ahmad Brooks hit on Brees... Even called the Office and asked to speak to Roger God-ELL ..Secratary said ill transfer you.. this is what i got: "Thank you for calling the NFL Offices in xxxx Manhatan we appreciate your support ,please leave a MSG"

This will not be might first call. Before I moved to Europe, I covered the 49ers ... and I've received those
messages as well. I've also actually talked with a live breathing person, about complaints and questions I had ...
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Just to be an A$$, and a Pain in the Butt, I'm e-mailing the NFL office in Manhattan in the
morning, with this picture, and .gif. I know it probably won't matter, but gonna' do it anyway:

I'll hop on board. How do I go about doing this? PM me.

PM sent ...

The gif on the bottom is not from our game though

I agree, but the official is the same A$$ Hat ... not a very good look, that's all I'm pointing
out. And his crew, has been called out for past performances, when calling a game.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Can someone post a still photo of bogus call on Dial's sack?

not a still, but look his "helmet is halfway off"

https://vine.co/v/ia2AQzTj610

His helmet was halfway off after he spiked the ball in the end zone and fell down. Seriously. I think the dude needs a new fitting.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

His helmet was halfway off after he spiked the ball in the end zone and fell down. Seriously. I think the dude needs a new fitting.

Seriously, ALL players should pass a helmet fit test. Would prevent concussions if players allowed the helmet design to do its job.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Seriously, ALL players should pass a helmet fit test. Would prevent concussions if players allowed the helmet design to do its job.

Amen. I ride a motorcycle frequently and proper helmet fit is something of paramount importance. While it's not a direct comparison, the way these players wear their helmets is a joke. Properly fitted and worn, a helmet should never fall off your head.

I'm partial to the college rule. Your helmet falls off during a play, you take a play off. I'd take it a bit further and if your helmet is near falling off after a play, you're out for a play. The NFL does want to take concussions seriously right? Then proper fitting and attached helmets should be stressed immensely.
The refs are starting to ruin this game.. these dumbass rules need to be changed
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
And fvck palmer. Pvssy
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:

I'll hop on board. How do I go about doing this? PM me.

PM sent ...

The gif on the bottom is not from our game though

I agree, but the official is the same A$$ Hat ... not a very good look, that's all I'm pointing
out. And his crew, has been called out for past performances, when calling a game.

Defenitly looks shady haha
Originally posted by highway49:
Unlike the NBA, which has full time officials,the NFL has part time refs.And although those NFL officials go to officials school, attend meetings, have a solid officiating background, and are rated on their game performance,and are paid good $$, they still don't spend as much time learning,studying and practicing their craft as other leagues do for their Full time Refs. and it shows.

THIS, THIS, SO THIS!!! FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE NFL DOESN'T EMPLOY FULL-TIME OFFICIALS LIKE THE OTHER LEAGUES DO. I've been advocating this since the Refs strike a couple of years back....

Idiots lost track of the downs.

lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Idiots lost track of the downs.

lol

So did tomsula lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by highway49:
Unlike the NBA, which has full time officials,the NFL has part time refs.And although those NFL officials go to officials school, attend meetings, have a solid officiating background, and are rated on their game performance,and are paid good $$, they still don't spend as much time learning,studying and practicing their craft as other leagues do for their Full time Refs. and it shows.

THIS, THIS, SO THIS!!! FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE NFL DOESN'T EMPLOY FULL-TIME OFFICIALS LIKE THE OTHER LEAGUES DO. I've been advocating this since the Refs strike a couple of years back....

The simple answer is money. The refs and their union wanted to preserve part time status so the officials could retain their "everyday" jobs. Essentially a ref gets paid on average $10,500 per game. So over 16 weeks you're looking at $160,000. That's a figure that many folks won't reach through the normal course of their employment. Add to their NFL salary their "normal" job conpensation and most are likely looking at $250,000+ per year. Make the refs full time and they would have to forego their jobs. And in turn the refs would likely want increased pay to make up as well as full health benefits and pension provisions.

That being said, I fully support the NFL refs being full time employees with the risk of losing their jobs for poor performance. As it stands, they may lose out on a bunch of income, but they always have their other jobs to fall back on.
The NFL needs to make officiating a full time year round gig. That may scare off some of the present upper tier referees because they have other lucrative jobs. But in the long run it's in the best interest of the league. Can you imagine how much greater the officials would be if they spent the offseason training in virtual reality game situations? Or if they spent time in a classroom like setting studying the rule book with their piers?
Refs were putrid today, like they fixed the game or something
Share 49ersWebzone