49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 511 users in the forums

Harbaugh takes a subtle jab at us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am just stating facts.
Who is to say he would have let the team go to sh**?

He wouldn't let it go to sh**. But with the offseason losses his offense would be even more mediocre. 6-10 or so with the offense from past 4 years. No way this O line makes his offense functional. He'd also never bench Kap.

He benched Kaep during the Broncos game
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am just stating facts.
Who is to say he would have let the team go to sh**?

He wouldn't let it go to sh**. But with the offseason losses his offense would be even more mediocre. 6-10 or so with the offense from past 4 years. No way this O line makes his offense functional. He'd also never bench Kap.

He benched Kaep during the Broncos game

Also benched A. Smith, a highly questionable and controversal move.

Regardless of what the outcome was, He did whatever it took to win, even if it meant stepping on some soft toes.

That kind of dedication to winning is hard to find. Especially when it pays off.

Losers are turned off by this. Namely York and Baalke.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Also benched A. Smith, a highly questionable and controversal move.

Regardless of what the outcome was, He did whatever it took to win, even if it meant stepping on some soft toes.

That kind of dedication to winning is hard to find. Especially when it pays off.

Losers are turned off by this. Namely York and Baalke.

That's not accurate, Harbaugh made moves that were questionable in the name of winning. Yet when push came to shove he was very conservative. Always preferred to sit on leads instead of going for the kill. Always!!! And it was ridiculously frustrating to watch. Part of the reason why I wasn't mad at his departure, I was sad cause I liked him though
  • KP82
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am just stating facts.
Who is to say he would have let the team go to sh**?

He wouldn't let it go to sh**. But with the offseason losses his offense would be even more mediocre. 6-10 or so with the offense from past 4 years. No way this O line makes his offense functional. He'd also never bench Kap.

Nor would he hold any of his coaches eg Roman accountable for the team's ineptitude. I would be willing to bet that even with a 2-14 record, Harbaugh would go into 2016-2017 with Kaep at QB and the same offensive coaching staff

The team changed coaches and look where it has gotten the 49ers. New coaches, no quarterback of the future, life is grand in 49er land.

Im not giving any credit to our front office. All I'm saying is that retaining Harbaugh would not have translated to a winning team. At least we can expect changes with the current garbage in place (eg reports that Kaep is out at season's end). With Harbaugh as coach, nothing would have changed.
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am just stating facts.
Who is to say he would have let the team go to sh**?

He wouldn't let it go to sh**. But with the offseason losses his offense would be even more mediocre. 6-10 or so with the offense from past 4 years. No way this O line makes his offense functional. He'd also never bench Kap.

Nor would he hold any of his coaches eg Roman accountable for the team's ineptitude. I would be willing to bet that even with a 2-14 record, Harbaugh would go into 2016-2017 with Kaep at QB and the same offensive coaching staff

The team changed coaches and look where it has gotten the 49ers. New coaches, no quarterback of the future, life is grand in 49er land.

Im not giving any credit to our front office. All I'm saying is that retaining Harbaugh would not have translated to a winning team. At least we can expect changes with the current garbage in place (eg reports that Kaep is out at season's end). With Harbaugh as coach, nothing would have changed.

I don't know if we can expect changes and worse yet I don't know that I can expect any changes that are made to be for the better. We know that other than hiring Harbaugh, the Yorks have done nothing right.
But Harbaugh never had a losing season in SF. I could have gone for a lot more Harbaugh seasons.
The organization got a raw deal when they let this man go. Harbs has more football credibility than Baalke-York-Tomsula combined.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am just stating facts.
Who is to say he would have let the team go to sh**?

He wouldn't let it go to sh**. But with the offseason losses his offense would be even more mediocre. 6-10 or so with the offense from past 4 years. No way this O line makes his offense functional. He'd also never bench Kap.

He benched Kaep during the Broncos game

He pulled him cause score was 42-10. Not a benching
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,143
My dude harbs had kap winning title games now these bozos can't do s**t with him. Harbs is the man.
Originally posted by susweel:
My dude harbs had kap winning title games now these bozos can't do s**t with him. Harbs is the man.

What harbaugh did in 2011.. One of the best coaching jobs I have seen period. In any sport
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's defending his boy kap.
He knows what crap coaches tomsula and geep are.

That's how I see it too. He's not bashing Kap, that's his guy. Definitely taking a shot at our coaches, and most of all, Baalke and York.

Yup.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by susweel:
My dude harbs had kap winning title games now these bozos can't do s**t with him. Harbs is the man.

What harbaugh did in 2011.. One of the best coaching jobs I have seen period. In any sport

He should be on one of those Geico commercials, he turns programs around, NFL, College, pee wee.. That's what he does.. 44-19-1 and we get rid of him , one of the dumbest football move ever.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,162
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by susweel:
My dude harbs had kap winning title games now these bozos can't do s**t with him. Harbs is the man.

What harbaugh did in 2011.. One of the best coaching jobs I have seen period. In any sport

Coach of the year in his first season. Impressive.
So nobody is going to put what he said in it's true context. Just so you're not in the dark. Michigan got called for intent to deceive because they disguised that they were sending a tight end to the sidelines, he stopped in bounds and was left wide open for a 30 yard gain. In college that's a penalty. I think he's saying that was a designed running play, the quarterback's job is to scan the field, he saw the guy uncovered and made the big play. From there he mentions that's what expected of qb's nowadays bringing up a criticism of Kap. Kap failed to do that at times and he got flamed by every idiot out there. There are some plays that are deceiving in nature and the qb has to take advantage of it. I don't think he's intentionally criticizing Kap, us, or anyone. Just stating what the game is.

You have to keep it in context to the question he was asked about because it's just silly to think he's using Michigan press conferences about his game to take jabs at us. I'm sure he was talking about Kap there though but all that says is he still follows his career.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 13, 2015 at 8:51 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
Originally posted by tjd808185:
So nobody is going to put what he said in it's true context. Just so you're not in the dark. Michigan got called for intent to deceive because they disguised that they were sending a tight end to the sidelines, he stopped in bounds and was left wide open for a 30 yard gain. In college that's a penalty. I think he's saying that was a designed running play, the quarterback's job is to scan the field, he saw the guy uncovered and made the big play. From there he mentions that's what expected of qb's nowadays bringing up a criticism of Kap. Kap failed to do that at times and he got flamed by every idiot out there. There are some plays that are deceiving in nature and the qb has to take advantage of it. I don't think he's intentionally criticizing Kap, us, or anyone. Just stating what the game is.

You have to keep it in context to the question he was asked about because it's just silly to think he's using Michigan press conferences about his game to take jabs at us. I'm sure he was talking about Kap there though but all that says is he still follows his career.

Leave it to NT to make a mountain out of a molehill.
I don't even understand why this is in Niner Talk.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone