LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 125 users in the forums

How do we stop this train wreck???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As Jim Rome says either give me an A or an F. And right now we're the latter.
Bring in a HC that can single handedly turn around the franchise despite all of its limitations of roster personnel and lack of leadership in the FO. Then don't run him out of town after four seasons.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by dfs144:
Bring in new GM and a team president with a football background. Consider and assistant FO guy from one of the more stable franchises such as GB or Pit.
Jed needs to talk with one of the Rooneys about the role of the owner/CEO.

I agree. There does not seem to be any Football expertise in this FO. Baalke is not a good GM. And who the f**k is Paraag Marathe as team president? This guy knows absolutely nothing about football - just sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/10/22/49ers-bits-unhappiness-with-marathe-do-the-yorks-think-they-bought-the-team-in-2005/

As the long those people are in the FO, we're doomed.
Wash, rinse, repeat.......same as it ever was
?t=11s
It's rough, no doubt. Can't help feeling like we are the new raiders...
Just pray that we some how draft a QB and whole new line that all turn out to be all pros despite a front office that will always be sabotaging itself
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Slam hard on the brakes!!

Once you go off the cliff..the brakes don't work and " stopping the wreck".... ain't an option. This is past the " stop the wreck" stage... what's left is damage control and after the SPLAT, clean up the mess, salvage something......get a new train. While it seemed MUCH damage had been done....the whole impact is still to come. I've been in car accidents where the logical assumption was that I MIGHT die in the next seconds or.. end up in the hospital. I got quite LUCKY. You don't know the outcome until it's done. At this phase...it won't be pretty. It will require some better,fresh ,thinking.
1) Train owner panic, sells the train to new owner for cheap

2) New train owner quickly hire the best engineers he can find to work on a solution

3) New engineers finds a solution to save the train

4) New train owner pays whatever is needed to accomplish the engineer's plan.

5) Hit Sherman in the face really hard

6) Lombardi #6

Easy peasy!
[ Edited by Draelmar on Nov 4, 2015 at 9:45 AM ]
3 first round picks would help
Originally posted by 16to87:
We do a Green Bay Packers style community ownership buy out.

This!!! I've thought of this a lot...I do not think this is possible now for some reason. Does anyone on the boards know if this possible in any way...This would be the ultimate Fix to this issue, that is, if the Yorks will wake up and sell it to the Fans.
Originally posted by barrymartin:

This!!! I've thought of this a lot...I do not think this is possible now for some reason. Does anyone on the boards know if this possible in any way...This would be the ultimate Fix to this issue, that is, if the Yorks will wake up and sell it to the Fans.

They'd rather just continue to make money off of said fans
Not sure why anyone actually thought that this team was gonna be any better then they currently are

They had one of the worst off seasons in NFL hostory losing pro bowlers and a top 5 coaching staff. They replaced that staff with a group of losers that have never been successful...not sure how anyone is suprised by this.

I think they did the correct thing as far as taking a 1st step in correcting this...benching Kap. Not because he's the main problem, but putting in Blaine guarantees us a top 5 pick, an if by some miracle he plays well that's a bonus (don't hold your breath).

2nd step- because of th Blaine start don't expect any wins which hopefully will result in a new coaching staff. IF this new HC doesn't want to work with Kap fine trade him and now he can grab his QB of the future.

They should be playing the younger guys much more the rest of the season to see who has a future with us...play Thomas drop devy, tartt is starting which is good, get Eli more snaps, allow AA and tank to take over TJE's snaps, and get Purcell in there.

SF will have between $40-$50 million in cap space and around 12 picks to work with...they might have to over pay but if they get the right staff in place it would do a world of difference.

I do believe a lot can be corrected but it starters with the coaching staff....if they don't make a move this off season we will see the same crappy product every Sunday.

Originally posted by barrymartin:

There is no reason, in theory, why it could not happen. It absolutely won't, though, so let's keep the speculation in the vicinity of possibility.
i think we have to bite the bullet for the rest of the season.

But what needs to be done during the bye week by far over anything else is, CUT DEVEY and PEARS. not likely, but at least bench them.

Give Tiller the start, Let Brown get time in.

I am being hopeful that Hyde can come back after the Bye week, that would be a relief.

As for a QB, let's see how Gabbert does this week, and i'll have a better opinion on this.

Defensively:

I want to see more playing time out of Armstead, Purcell, Keep Dial in.

LB's i would like to see Hodges in with Bowman, and let's jus see how it goes.

CB's, i want to see Reaser in more, even more Dontae.

DB's i'd like to see Ward at FS, or LJ McCray. Keep Tartt at SS. i like what i see out of him.

Last but not least, Bring HAYNE back and let him control the KR's NOT PR's, guaranteed he'll have an easier time at KR than PR.

If Hyde and Davis can't come back after the bye, let Hayne start.

Signed and Dated! get to work Tomsula/Dumb n Dumber.
It cannot be stopped.Too late for that.
Only damage control
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bring in a HC that can single handedly turn around the franchise despite all of its limitations of roster personnel and lack of leadership in the FO. Then don't run him out of town after four seasons.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:

And "boom" goes the dynamite.
Share 49ersWebzone