There are 215 users in the forums

Time to boycott 49er games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.
If YOU wanna do it, go ahead. I'll be attending 3 more games this season to support our guys. I'm cheering regardless and gonna have fun doing it!!!
Originally posted by theninermind:
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.
pathetic
Originally posted by 49erChica:
If YOU wanna do it, go ahead. I'll be attending 3 more games this season to support our guys. I'm cheering regardless and gonna have fun doing it!!!

i'd go to games to if i lived a little closer, and tickets were affordable.

But i understand not wanting to support Jed York.

Normally, this would be the only way to effect any kind of change. It will never happen because people go to games to have a good time and be entertained. The casual fan doesn't care about boycotting and the "die hard" will continually preach about how it's about the team and not the ownership. So, nothing will change and no one will boycott.

Also, Jed's hosting a Super Bowl this year. Boycott all you want, that dude is making bank and don't give a flying fugazi what you or I think.
Go, but just bring your paper bag with you.

• pd24
  • Veteran
I went to 3 to 4 games a year the last 8 years. I have been to 0 this year.
Lets just put it this way.. I live in Utah. And I am not paying for flights/hotels and tickets to see the 49ers anytime soon. Am I not boycotting the 49ers but I am not going out of my way to go see them.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Lets just put it this way.. I live in Utah. And I am not paying for flights/hotels and tickets to see the 49ers anytime soon. Am I not boycotting the 49ers but I am not going out of my way to go see them.

You not paying for tickets or hotels has 0 impact on Jed's pocket book (slightly false). We have had threads like this before. The stadium is basically 100% season ticket (read PSL) holders. Tickets that will be going on sale will be secondary market, not from the 49ers themselves.

Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:

You not paying for tickets or hotels has 0 impact on Jed's pocket book (slightly false). We have had threads like this before. The stadium is basically 100% season ticket (read PSL) holders. Tickets that will be going on sale will be secondary market, not from the 49ers themselves.
Watching NFL games puts money in Jed Yorks pocket ZOMG
totally understand not supporting Jed...this guy put a power struggle before winning and the only way to really punish him is in his wallet...I will not be buying any niner gear while the franchise is being run to the ground by this clown...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:

Exactly and most of the stadium vendors are private contractors who pay the 49ers a yearly fee plus a percentage of sales to have space at the stadium. If beer and hot dogs sales are 1/3 of normal the vending companies probably lose money, the Yorks still turn a profit which isn't impacted as much as you think.

Jed already got his money for this season months before the season started. And the stadium was already 1/2 full in the 4th quarter last game. So...
Nothing ever happens, as far as the Yorks are concerned the money is in the bank, stock market, off shore acounts, etc. making more money.
Share 49ersWebzone