There are 165 users in the forums

Time to boycott 49er games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Lets just put it this way.. I live in Utah. And I am not paying for flights/hotels and tickets to see the 49ers anytime soon. Am I not boycotting the 49ers but I am not going out of my way to go see them.

You not paying for tickets or hotels has 0 impact on Jed's pocket book (slightly false). We have had threads like this before. The stadium is basically 100% season ticket (read PSL) holders. Tickets that will be going on sale will be secondary market, not from the 49ers themselves.

Pretty much this. Tickets are already paid for. The Only ones that would be affected by this would be the season ticket holders trying to make there money back.
LOL @ fairweather fans would only boycott the team....

I've rooted for this team consistently since 1992. I've traveled across the country to watch them play meaningless games (vs Detroit in 2009 when both teams were eliminated from playoff contention). That's not fairweather. It's sending a message to ownership saying we're fed up.

And for those who say that Detroit or Cleveland haven't boycotted, clearly you haven't seen when Detroit fans put bags on their heads during the 0-16 campaign.

It's not about having a "down year". If you think this whole situation is just a "down year", you're in for a rude awakening over the next several years. This team is broken at the top and it all trickles down.

This is full-on Dan Snyder and Al Davis syndrome here.
Originally posted by pd24:
I went to 3 to 4 games a year the last 8 years. I have been to 0 this year.

Last yr was my 1st and last game at Levi's Stadium vs Chicago i wanted to say i was there for the 1st regular season game at Levi's and say we whooped on Chicago but nooooo we gave up a 17pt lead and ended up losing our home opener in our new shiny Stadium.

I payed over $800 for 2 tix.
Tired and fed up with giving away my money to that b*tch boy Jed so most likely i will never attended a home game ever again unless we win another SB under this ownership.

I had been a regular since 2003 but now my yearly tradition is no more. Thanks alot York for crushing the faithful's heart and wallets.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Lets just put it this way.. I live in Utah. And I am not paying for flights/hotels and tickets to see the 49ers anytime soon. Am I not boycotting the 49ers but I am not going out of my way to go see them.

You not paying for tickets or hotels has 0 impact on Jed's pocket book (slightly false). We have had threads like this before. The stadium is basically 100% season ticket (read PSL) holders. Tickets that will be going on sale will be secondary market, not from the 49ers themselves.
Exactly and most of the stadium vendors are private contractors who pay the 49ers a yearly fee plus a percentage of sales to have space at the stadium. If beer and hot dogs sales are 1/3 of normal the vending companies probably lose money, the Yorks still turn a profit which isn't impacted as much as you think.

The vendors loose money they pull out of the stadium they pull out the Yorks lose money. They rape the general public anyway on prices, pay minimum wage, then blame the cost on rent. So it all trickles back to the York's. If you already paid for your tickets eat the loss in last 2 home games. A brand new empty stadium in itself is a message especially with all the press Jed can't hide from during Super Bowl week. If you decide you still need to go and feel bad about the loss of jobs, trash the stadium. Graffiti York sucks all over the building. Rip the seats up, break the stalls discreetly vandalize the building. Then you create jobs for all the repair men, contractors, plumbers, etc. that are needed to fix the building. Next year if Baalke and Tomsula are still running things don't buy the season tickets and watch the games at local sports bar.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by theninermind:
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.
pathetic

The only thing that is pathetic is what Jed York has done to this team. And how he treats our fanbase. I'll always support the 49ers but there nothing pathetic about boycotting going to games and buying merchandise.
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.
pathetic

The only thing that is pathetic is what Jed York has done to this team. And how he treats our fanbase. I'll always support the 49ers but there nothing pathetic about boycotting going to games and buying merchandise.

Lol, how does he treat the fans ?
Originally posted by nj9er:
Originally posted by BobS:

Exactly and most of the stadium vendors are private contractors who pay the 49ers a yearly fee plus a percentage of sales to have space at the stadium. If beer and hot dogs sales are 1/3 of normal the vending companies probably lose money, the Yorks still turn a profit which isn't impacted as much as you think.

The vendors loose money they pull out of the stadium they pull out the Yorks lose money. They rape the general public anyway on prices, pay minimum wage, then blame the cost on rent. So it all trickles back to the York's. If you already paid for your tickets eat the loss in last 2 home games. A brand new empty stadium in itself is a message especially with all the press Jed can't hide from during Super Bowl week. If you decide you still need to go and feel bad about the loss of jobs, trash the stadium. Graffiti York sucks all over the building. Rip the seats up, break the stalls discreetly vandalize the building. Then you create jobs for all the repair men, contractors, plumbers, etc. that are needed to fix the building. Next year if Baalke and Tomsula are still running things don't buy the season tickets and watch the games at local sports bar.

Pathetic
49ers fans are trying (& failing) to dump 2,751 tickets for BELOW face value for Gabbert & Co at Levi's Sunday. Just counted 'em on StubHub
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
49ers fans are trying (& failing) to dump 2,751 tickets for BELOW face value for Gabbert & Co at Levi's Sunday. Just counted 'em on StubHub

LOL. Surprised it is not more.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

LOL. Surprised it is not more.

Surprised ?

pathetic

I'm glad you can laugh at how he lied about the whole Jim Harbaugh firing. When he stands up in the press confrence and feeds our fanbase a load of s**t. I guess some people are OK with the way Jed's running the team. Jed cares more about hanging out in his stadium watching Taylor Swift concerts then seeing the team we love win games. If you can't see how he lies and blatenly puts himself before what's best for the team your blind.
pathetic

I'm glad you can laugh at how he lied about the whole Jim Harbaugh firing. When he stands up in the press confrence and feeds our fanbase a load of s**t. I guess some people are OK with the way Jed's running the team. Jed cares more about hanging out in his stadium watching Taylor Swift concerts then seeing the team we love win games. If you can't see how he lies and blatenly puts himself before what's best for the team your blind.

Lol, you have no clue what Jed thinks , your just having a hissy fit cause we aren't winning
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:03 PM ]
  • Jiks
Posting on this forum alone you endorse the team. It's actually advertisemen.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Posting on this forum alone you endorse the team. It's actually advertisemen.

Watching other nfl games puts money in Jed's pocket
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Go, but just bring your paper bag with you.

Should we say who dat and dance to whomp there it is, too?
Share 49ersWebzone