There are 503 users in the forums
49er you miss the most?(from the 2011-2014)49ers
49er you miss the most?(from the 2011-2014)49ers
Oct 19, 2015 at 9:11 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,706
Pass rush is by far our biggest weakness, so I miss rookie/sophomore Aldon.
Oct 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM
- znk916
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,285
how is brian jennings not a choice
everything went downhill when we f**king cut him, unforgivable
everything went downhill when we f**king cut him, unforgivable
Oct 19, 2015 at 9:45 PM
- HERN
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,446
Donte Whitner and Dashon Goldson. Those guys were the true definition of what made that defense the bullies on the block.
I like my defense BBW ( Bring Back Whitner )
I like my defense BBW ( Bring Back Whitner )
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:25 PM
- Quest4six
- The Q46 Dude
- Posts: 4,040
Originally posted by HERN:
Donte Whitner and Dashon Goldson. Those guys were the true definition of what made that defense the bullies on the block.
I like my defense BBW ( Bring Back Whitner )
Came in here to post this. By no means am I saying that he was the best player on our team at that time, or that I'd take him over the others.
But if I'm not picking the obvious core (of the 4 listed) I'm going with Goldson.
Tbh, I think that is what this team lacks right now in the secondary and why Reid is struggling so much (afraid to deliver the boom-stick possibly causing himself another concussion).
When we had Goldson, people were scared to run post routes, or anything deep over the middle for that matter, and they had good reason to be. Goldson was the hardest hitting safety this team has had in awhile and he accounted for many dropped balls and cases of alligator arms (google his hit on Early Doucet).
Obviously the rules have changed, and if Goldson went back to that style of play he'd get penalized like the hawks secondary.... But man would he let someone know that if they caught the ball in his zone that they were going to pay.
I miss having that presence in the secondary.
Btw, I don't agree with anything else in that post.
Oct 19, 2015 at 11:01 PM
- Escobar
- Veteran
- Posts: 716
depressing as f**k
all of them
all of them
Oct 20, 2015 at 6:58 AM
- InsertNameHere1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,556
Originally posted by NCommand:None. Niner fan don't live in the past. LOL
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:Edward J DeBartelo Jr
On the contrary....lol
Oct 20, 2015 at 7:09 AM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
Originally posted by NJNiner:This is not the "49er I will never miss"-thread
Originally posted by Ike49:
Jim Harbaugh
This