Good: the win, Kaep and WRs
Bad: OLine woes and lack of play makers on defense at diff positions.
Ugly: no consistency from any player
There are 529 users in the forums
Game #6: The Good- Bad- Ugly
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:03 PM
- 49ersking
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,116
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
Could only get game on radio. Did we leave the entire middle of the field undefended again? Please tell me no.
Did kap get better protection or was he harassed all game?
Did kap make any throws before the WR break? Thanks in advance.
Did kap get better protection or was he harassed all game?
Did kap make any throws before the WR break? Thanks in advance.
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:16 PM
- NIMV4683
- Veteran
- Posts: 674
The good
Kaepernick trending up his value as passer
Bruce Miller is our Delanie 2.0
Andrew Tiller is gaining upper hand over Devey
The bad
No sacks for 2nd consecutive game
Need to fix the red zone decisions after making 3 FGs and a failed 2 pt conversion.
The Ugly
W gives Baalke confidence on his job and that sickens me
Kaepernick trending up his value as passer
Bruce Miller is our Delanie 2.0
Andrew Tiller is gaining upper hand over Devey
The bad
No sacks for 2nd consecutive game
Need to fix the red zone decisions after making 3 FGs and a failed 2 pt conversion.
The Ugly
W gives Baalke confidence on his job and that sickens me
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM
- redwood
- Veteran
- Posts: 121
You guys are seeing a lot more positive then I am. I saw 2 teams, both at the bottom of their divisions in a close game, and they played just like where they are ranked. Flacco, despite all the time in the world, struggled for most of the game. Ravens started a CB that we cut last week and never got off our practice squad. We are not a very good team.
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:07 PM
- mattster03
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,899
Good - Kap (no picks, no fumbles, no delay of game, etc.), Smith/Bolding Dual threat, Bruce Miller, Brock's defending of S.S.sr, Phil Dawson
Bad - Hayne Fumble, Defending the middle of the field against the pass, Pass Rush, Vernon Davis
Ugly - Devey & Pears, Hyde's injury stopping him dead in his tracks
Bad - Hayne Fumble, Defending the middle of the field against the pass, Pass Rush, Vernon Davis
Ugly - Devey & Pears, Hyde's injury stopping him dead in his tracks
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by redwood:You guys are seeing a lot more positive then I am. I saw 2 teams, both at the bottom of their divisions in a close game, and they played just like where they are ranked. Flacco, despite all the time in the world, struggled for most of the game. Ravens started a CB that we cut last week and never got off our practice squad. We are not a very good team.
This but we have talent and all it takes is a little momentum and confidence.
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:47 PM
- SMAUG
- Veteran
- Posts: 183
Yes, we could have played better but on the day we played well enough to win, and on any given Sunday that's all you have to do against your opponent.
2-4 is a whole lot better than 1-5, and next week we've got a good chance of going 3-4. I hope the haters take at least a week off from the bashing and whining and can celebrate a good result.
This season's not over yet.
2-4 is a whole lot better than 1-5, and next week we've got a good chance of going 3-4. I hope the haters take at least a week off from the bashing and whining and can celebrate a good result.
This season's not over yet.
[ Edited by SMAUG on Oct 18, 2015 at 11:48 PM ]
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,860
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Good: the win, Kaep and WRs
Bad: OLine woes and lack of play makers on defense at diff positions.
Ugly: no consistency from any player
really? boldin, kap, torrey, dawson, brock, miller, acker....
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Oct 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM ]
Oct 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM
- 9ers4eva
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,836
Originally posted by JoeBart324:Who is Harbaugh's DC at Michigan? Sorry I don't follow college ball too closely. I just know he's coaching a pretty damn solid defense over there. I know Harbaugh was billed as an "offensive" coach but after watching him more and more, he seems to lean incredibly heavily on a stout defense. That's not necessarily a knock, just kind of opposite of what he's billed as.
Baalke has definitely assembled a talented team, it's just not completely coming to fruition this year. The more I sit back and just take it in the more I think this coaching staff may need one more year. The talent is there, it just needs an adjusting period perhaps.
DJ Durkin. Guy had Gators defenses in the elite level the last two years despite the offense being wholly incompetent. Nothing he is doing in Ann Arbor surprises me.
Harbaughs best trait as coach is picking d coordinators and letting them coach. If he'd do that on offense he'd be more successful.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 19, 2015 at 12:55 AM ]
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:38 AM
- Evilgenius
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,266
Sorry to hear about the death, RIP.
Good: Kaepernick!
Bad: Defensive scheme still questionable IMO.
Ugly: Some of Pinions punts.
Good: Kaepernick!
Bad: Defensive scheme still questionable IMO.
Ugly: Some of Pinions punts.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Oct 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM ]
Oct 19, 2015 at 3:55 AM
- 49ers81
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,852
I think Acker is going to be a pretty good corner once he gets some more experience under his belt. As one of the beat writers said, good things happen when Bruce Miller is more involved in the offense. In that regard he reminds me of Tom Rathman, though he seems like he's a bit smaller. Rathman was always one of my favorites as a player.
I thought Kaepernick had some nice throws and certainly put up decent numbers but he is still missing far too many reads that would end up gaining yards by not knowing where his receivers are or by scrambling out of the pocket too fast.
They have to find a back they trust enough to take some of Hyde's snaps. That guy is going to have a pretty short career if he keeps getting pounded the way he has been. Davis screwed up at least once but I still think he might have some potential. I would also like to see Hayne get a few more opportunities. He still looks really unnatural when he lines up in the backfield and has a way of sort of turning his back towards the hits when he gets bottled up but it would be interesting to see what he could accomplish with 10 or so touches in a game.
Bowman is clearly not all the way back from his knee injury but the guy is a warrior. Despite his pick I think Wilhoite is a real liability in coverage. I wonder if Hodges will be any better. I think the backend of the defense would be better if they could find a way to get more of a rush from their front four. That is going to continue to kill them against good QB's. I find myself wondering why they don't give Mike Purcell a chance. He really showed some good push during the pre-season. Seems like they could sit Jerod-Eddie for a game and bring Purcell in to see what he could do, though I suppose Eddie is a more versatile player.
Their Red Zone offense still sucks. They have to find a way to turn those three's into sixes. I thought the TE;s were supposed to be a strength of this team but they have hardly had any impact at all through the first six games. Can't imagine that Davis will be back next year, would like to see what Bell and Anderson can do.
Nice to see the team win, especially with Seattle coming to town. Hopefully it will give them some confidence going into that game, but I have to admit that I am fully expecting Kaepernick to stink it up as he usually does against the Hawks.
I thought Kaepernick had some nice throws and certainly put up decent numbers but he is still missing far too many reads that would end up gaining yards by not knowing where his receivers are or by scrambling out of the pocket too fast.
They have to find a back they trust enough to take some of Hyde's snaps. That guy is going to have a pretty short career if he keeps getting pounded the way he has been. Davis screwed up at least once but I still think he might have some potential. I would also like to see Hayne get a few more opportunities. He still looks really unnatural when he lines up in the backfield and has a way of sort of turning his back towards the hits when he gets bottled up but it would be interesting to see what he could accomplish with 10 or so touches in a game.
Bowman is clearly not all the way back from his knee injury but the guy is a warrior. Despite his pick I think Wilhoite is a real liability in coverage. I wonder if Hodges will be any better. I think the backend of the defense would be better if they could find a way to get more of a rush from their front four. That is going to continue to kill them against good QB's. I find myself wondering why they don't give Mike Purcell a chance. He really showed some good push during the pre-season. Seems like they could sit Jerod-Eddie for a game and bring Purcell in to see what he could do, though I suppose Eddie is a more versatile player.
Their Red Zone offense still sucks. They have to find a way to turn those three's into sixes. I thought the TE;s were supposed to be a strength of this team but they have hardly had any impact at all through the first six games. Can't imagine that Davis will be back next year, would like to see what Bell and Anderson can do.
Nice to see the team win, especially with Seattle coming to town. Hopefully it will give them some confidence going into that game, but I have to admit that I am fully expecting Kaepernick to stink it up as he usually does against the Hawks.
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM
- Antix
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,941
Good - At least the offense is getting better.
Bad - Pinion f**king sucks
Ugly - Every qb in the league can carve up our D and Mangini is too stupid and stubborn to change it. We need to run whatever defense that would help mitigate our sorry (p)ass rush. Soft zones and prevent defense aint it.
Bad - Pinion f**king sucks
Ugly - Every qb in the league can carve up our D and Mangini is too stupid and stubborn to change it. We need to run whatever defense that would help mitigate our sorry (p)ass rush. Soft zones and prevent defense aint it.
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:14 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Tough to decide what's needed most in the Draft, OL or pass rush.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 19, 2015 at 5:00 AM ]
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:53 AM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
in all fairness though, we lacked pass-rush last year in the first half of the season as well. back then, the starters were at least as good as good as today.Originally posted by Antix:Good - At least the offense is getting better.
Bad - Pinion f**king sucks
Ugly - Every qb in the league can carve up our D and Mangini is too stupid and stubborn to change it. We need to run whatever defense that would help mitigate our sorry (p)ass rush. Soft zones and prevent defense aint it.
Oct 19, 2015 at 5:07 AM
- 49erphan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,710
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I think the backend of the defense would be better if they could find a way to get more of a rush from their front four. That is going to continue to kill them against good QB's. I find myself wondering why they don't give Mike Purcell a chance. He really showed some good push during the pre-season. Seems like they could sit Jerod-Eddie for a game and bring Purcell in to see what he could do, though I suppose Eddie is a more versatile player.
I agree with most of what you said, but this clip from your post is something that perplexes me quite a bit. Can someone explain why TJE gets the playing time he does? What is up with Tank Carradine?