Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 499 users in the forums

Do Not Push the Big Red "Panic Button" ... Yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoCold:
I pushed the Staples button but it said Interception.

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by 9moon:
What's wrong with giving Gabby a chance??

Have you not seen Kaeppi's play lately??

The guy keeps proving me (by now u should also been convinced) that he can not be a bonafide QB in the league... he can't read defenses for CRAP.. he's an awesome athlete, but he's not a PRO QB.. he may give u a game here and there, but that's about it..

he will out run defenses once he's out there, but he couldn't scramble for his life either.. his inability to go from OPTION ONE to OPTION 3 with his PITCHING ARM is the real reason why he makes our OL looks sorry..
you mean one game? I mean, it was possibly the worst game ive ever seen by a qb. But lets see how he responds to playing like s**t. He usually has great games against the pack. Its three games in to the season. If kap keeps playing like s**t, then yes. I would be interested as gabbert was a high first round pick at one point.
Kap looked pretty good the first two games and had high accuracy, and read the field well, and ran through his progression. Has even scrambled and ran well. Again, lets not throw him under the bus until we have proof. We will have an answer by the end of the season.

PS your nicknames for players are cringe worthy. Just terrible.

This is how I feel as well. Kap has had one bad game and yes it was AWFUL. I can't express how disappointing that performance was, but it's the only one so far. I know he leaves a lot to be desired, but he's not a turnover machine. Until Sunday, he has played well. I'll like to know what happen to him mentally, but I'm optimistic that he will be better. The media isn't doing him any favors either by the way. Still rather have Kap over Gab playing this season. Let's see if we can fight through this.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ain't no button to hit b/c we are stuck with this coach and this roster for now. Just gotta deal with it

That's pretty much it. To be honest, I feel like it will play out a little better than some are expecting. Not that we will be a great team by any stretch, but I don't see 4-12 happening with a roster this talented. At minimum, we win 6 games.
If they get blown out and there are no adjustments made to the roster then we should be concerned
How About Pushing the Big Blue Panic Button?
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ain't no button to hit b/c we are stuck with this coach and this roster for now. Just gotta deal with it

That's pretty much it. To be honest, I feel like it will play out a little better than some are expecting. Not that we will be a great team by any stretch, but I don't see 4-12 happening with a roster this talented. At minimum, we win 6 games.

Ah, the smell of unbridled optimism
It was kaps play that made me hit the panic/defeated button. I put all my hope in him after this off-season i knew he had to be the guy. He looked good the first 2 games but last one hurt.


I understand what otc is saying and I hope he's right with all my heart. But during the game yesterday i was trying to decide do we go ol or qb with our top 5 pick
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:40 AM ]
Panic Button was pushed after the second pick six of the AZ game.



This team is in shambles and we are at least two years from respectablity; maybe more depending on how some of our rookie and second year players develop. This team is missing a serious pass rush and I'm not sure that can be fixed overnight. Like a great QB, truly great passrushers are almost impossible to find. Like I said in the off season, you dont just replace the elite talent we had.

The Oline can be fixed in an offseason, probably. Hopefully, Kap isn't broken beyond repair by then.
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 33,332
Noble effort, OTC. At this point, I'm just taking it one game at a time. The first half of the schedule is a meat grinder and although I didn't expect .500 ball, I didn't think they'd get blown out, especially the ARI game since divisional games are usually tight. I guess the two quick pick6s changes that. I accepted that the team wouldn't contend for the playoffs before the season started, so it's not like I'm caught off guard by the 1-2 start.

I'm just looking to see if the new coaching staff can keep the players focused after two weak showings and individual player development from those I hope are building blocks for the future. I dislike the new defensive scheme and that's the aspect of the team I am most worried about, not Kap. One game isn't going to erase what's he's done. But two crappy games does erase what the defense did against MIN.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,105
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Panic Button was pushed after the second pick six of the AZ game.



This team is in shambles and we are at least two years from respectablity; maybe more depending on how some of our rookie and second year players develop. This team is missing a serious pass rush and I'm not sure that can be fixed overnight. Like a great QB, truly great passrushers are almost impossible to find. Like I said in the off season, you dont just replace the elite talent we had.

The Oline can be fixed in an offseason, probably. Hopefully, Kap isn't broken beyond repair by then.

I'm Staring at the Panic Button...believing were damned if we do & damned if we don't
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Panic Button was pushed after the second pick six of the AZ game.



This team is in shambles and we are at least two years from respectablity; maybe more depending on how some of our rookie and second year players develop. This team is missing a serious pass rush and I'm not sure that can be fixed overnight. Like a great QB, truly great passrushers are almost impossible to find. Like I said in the off season, you dont just replace the elite talent we had.

The Oline can be fixed in an offseason, probably. Hopefully, Kap isn't broken beyond repair by then.

I'm Staring at the Panic Button...believing were damned if we do & damned if we don't
Look at the bright side, I might be able to pick up some season tickets on the cheap next year!
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
If they get blown out again. . . Could become tempting

Same here
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ain't no button to hit b/c we are stuck with this coach and this roster for now. Just gotta deal with it

That's pretty much it. To be honest, I feel like it will play out a little better than some are expecting. Not that we will be a great team by any stretch, but I don't see 4-12 happening with a roster this talented. At minimum, we win 6 games.

Pretty much. Folks just angry after 2 beat downs. Myself included.
Should i start paying closer attention to the 2016 draft? Or should i root for us not to get blown out and be happy with a morale lifting close loss.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone