There are 246 users in the forums

Let's Be Real Here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
lets be real! I got as far as you are a 40 year old virgin 49er fan
  • SMAUG
  • Veteran
I don't care how bad things seem right now. You don't quit on people after 2 losses to strong teams after the off-season we just had
Great post!!!!
I'm concerned with the coaching staff that's for sure. Tomsula may be a players coach and he did a great job as the DLine coach. But becoming a defensive coordinator ideally should have been the next step for him.
LOL. This board. 49er fans. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I know some of you sit around each week hoping something negative you predicted would happen, happens, just so you can say i told you so, but...

Lets be real here...

We lose to two potential SB teams, in back to back road games, and all of a sudden its blow the entire team and FO up? I get that its the way we lost, but we are going into week 4. We are a young team that had probably the worst off season any team has ever had in professional sports.

Week 1 we beat the Vikings, and probably 98% of the board was hanging from the Team and FO collective jock straps. Posts about good riddance Harbs, Kap looks like Steve Young, Mangini is a genious, Tomsula is a great leader of men, etc. etc. You were all firmly on the bandwagon after week one.

Week 2 was a team loss(mostly secondary) to probably the best overall team in the NFL(NE is the only team that can be argued to be better IMO) prior to Rothlisburger getting injured.

Week 3 our QB spotted the BEST team in the NFC and best defense in the NFL 14 points on our first two drives to start the game. You expected a good competitive game after that?

How about we give a bit more time before we check out? It will potentially save a lot of crows.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. This board. 49er fans. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I know some of you sit around each week hoping something negative you predicted would happen, happens, just so you can say i told you so, but...

Lets be real here...

We lose to two potential SB teams, in back to back road games, and all of a sudden its blow the entire team and FO up? I get that its the way we lost, but we are going into week 4. We are a young team that had probably the worst off season any team has ever had in professional sports.

Week 1 we beat the Vikings, and probably 98% of the board was hanging from the Team and FO collective jock straps. Posts about good riddance Harbs, Kap looks like Steve Young, Mangini is a genious, Tomsula is a great leader of men, etc. etc. You were all firmly on the bandwagon after week one.

Week 2 was a team loss(mostly secondary) to probably the best overall team in the NFL(NE is the only team that can be argued to be better IMO) prior to Rothlisburger getting injured.

Week 3 our QB spotted the BEST team in the NFC 14 points on our first two drives to start the game. You expected a good competitive game after that?

How about we give a bit more time before we check out? It will potentially save a lot of crows.

Good post. As you said, it's a young team in full transition mode. There will be wild inconsistencies week-to-week. Best to let all 16 games play out, and see where the team is at when all is said and done.

In the meantime tho, some changes have to be made by the coaching staff. Can't stay status quo when you get pummeled like we have the past 2 weeks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Lets be real here...

Week 3 our QB spotted the BEST team in the NFC 14 points on our first two drives to start the game. You expected a good competitive game after that?

Good post. As you said, it's a young team in full transition mode. There will be wild inconsistencies week-to-week. Best to let all 16 games play out, and see where the team is at when all is said and done.

In the meantime tho, some changes have to be made by the coaching staff. Can't stay status quo when you get pummeled like we have the past 2 weeks.

Absolutely. And as time goes on, if adjustments aren't made, then that lends credibility to the criticism.

But we must also keep in mind that we are and were handicapped at some positions going into the season and at this point there may be limited options of adjustment.

Things absolutely cannot stay the same, but certain adjustments and expectations may not be realistic either.
Rodgers would not have a winning record with this cast of characters. Think of Palmer in Oakland. He couldn't do anything. Now he looks like a superstar. What changed for Palmer? Coaching and supporting cast. If you think replacing Kap will solve this teams woes you are kidding yourself. The defense is completely stripped out. People need to get real. The once imposing defense can't get close to the passer. The opposing quarterbacks could pull out a lawn chair, have a beer and wait for receivers to get open.
[ Edited by GoatRock on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:55 PM ]
i hear it is sean payton's last year in NOLA. I would love to see him coaching here in SF if we decide to fire JT

Truth is our Coaching staff stinks and our GM has been shooting blanks on our draft picks. If we end up in the bottom of the league. I say we get rid of Baalke and tell him to take JT with him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Iupati77:
I am just tired of having these knots in my stomach every Sunday, ten minutes into the game. I would pay huge money to have my boys feel for one game how I felt when Steve or Joe dropped back!

I am sure every fan of every team would love a HOF caliber QB playing for their franchise. Those types of players are far and few between however which is why people appreciate their performances even more.

The idea that you can dump a guy like Kaepernick and find a HOF quality guy or even All-Pro quality guy like its nothing is kind of silly.

Teams with great QBs tend to hold on to them, everyone else fights over scraps and guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick and Luke McCown.

Drafting a QB early isnt a guarantee of anything either. How many 1st round QBs from recent drafts have been complete disappointments?

I think for the time being, Kaepernick is just the best option. Cutting ties with him without a realistic replacement solution in place is like cutting off your own nose to spite your face. The absolute worst thing this team could do is to draft a rookie and just throw them to the wolves, wasting a high draft pick and another QBs development at the same time.

I agree Phoenix!

IMO, if Kap plays the pack like he played the Cards he should be benched for the rest of the Packer game only.

Maybe sitting down for just one game will do something for him.

Let's face it, keeping him in the game after the 4th interception did him zero good.

Originally posted by 49erChica:
I'm going to give it one more week before I change my mind. I want to see how we respond to this 2nd blowout loss. I want to see how our QB responds.

Even if we lose next week, the game needs to be much closer and hard fought than these previous weeks.

I'm already over Mangini. He can kick rocks.

Same Going give one more week.,going into week 4 end ofFirst quarter of Season
Originally posted by Iupati77:
I am just tired of having these knots in my stomach every Sunday, ten minutes into the game. I would pay huge money to have my boys feel for one game how I felt when Steve or Joe dropped back!

Wah wah wah.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i hear it is sean payton's last year in NOLA. I would love to see him coaching here in SF if we decide to fire JT

Truth is our Coaching staff stinks and our GM has been shooting blanks on our draft picks. If we end up in the bottom of the league. I say we get rid of Baalke and tell him to take JT with him.

Right, so the 49ers could also be a talentless team in salary cap hell.

Not sure there is a coach that gets more overrated than Payton does. His team has played in a fairly weak division, he's had Drew Brees in the prime of his career and aside from the Katrina Bowl, the guy has had quite a few mediocre teams.

Then you look at him demanding full control over personnel and its a hell to the f**king no. I don't think anyone in the NFL has a worse personnel record than the Saints do over the past 5 years. They have 1 guy left on their roster from LAST YEAR's draft. They've overpaid for expensive free agents that turned out to be busts and are about $8 mil over next year's cap already. That'd be like taking it back to the Donahue days. Once Brees is done, New Orleans is going back to Aints territory once more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM ]
Great post. Agree 100%

Originally posted by facestabber:
Rising from a bottom dweller to a dominant team like the 49ers did with Harbaughs arrival. And now back to bottom dwelling reeks of piss poor management.

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge...
Share 49ersWebzone