There are 640 users in the forums
Originally posted by Iupati77:
I am going on 40 years old and have been a 49er fan all of my life. I truly miss the days of Joe and Steve when our quarterback dropped back you had a rush of confidence that a big play or smart play was in the works. A few years back when we beat the Falcons to go back to the Super Bowl for the first time in what seemed like eternity, I wept like a little boys that I may be experiencing another Super Bowl win and my first with my two boys.
Flash forward to today and we need to get real. When you have a quarterback who has now been in the league 4-5 years and you are praying that his work in the off season with a Hall of Famer finally helps his development, when there really has not been any consistent development at all, it scares you. I hate to do it, but look at guy like Rogers. When his team is depleted of talent or hurt due to injury, he steps up even more to guide his franchise. He brings the old Joe and Steve confidence. When Kaepernick drops back, I cross my fingers that he doesn't give it away.
Add to this, the unfortunate losses we have had this past offseason, and the next to nothing we have gotten out of our 2012, 2013, 2014 drafts, and the pit in my stomach gets bigger and bigger. I am frustrated watching teams draft talented players who make an impact right away, like the Seahawks do. I am tired of drafting for two or three years down the road. Draft for NOW! Draft so you talent is oozing and people are fighting to get on the field. Drafting for two or three years down the road does nothing when you are trying to win now. Drafting this way does not put a sense of urgency or an ounce of confidence into your fan base.
I like Tomsula, I really do. But, he is a position coach, not head coach material. Does he think by saying that it is all on him, that we are supposed to say ok. No problem. Yes, it is on him, but it is on Baalke too, as well as the players on the field. I want an offensive line that dominates. I want a quarterback that does what a well versed QB does. With this, we can overcompensate for a team that has lost so much talent on D. But instead, we hold our breathe on a QB that has not developed one bit. He has all of the athleticism, but doesn't have it between the ears.
Jed, I was so proud of you when you hired Harbaugh. Finally we had a name and presence. However, I do agree it was time to move on from him (didn't like the way you handled it). We have become a laughing stock. A team with our history (your family history with Eddie) should not become a laughing stock.
So, let's get real. Cut Kaepernick loose after this year or trade him. Use the money to sign a talented o-line and shutdown corner. Draft a real QB, let Gabbert play to give year of development to the new QB, and draft Defense. Fire Tomsula and staff at year end and bring in someone with a presence (Like and Ariens).
Please Jed, put your ego aside. Move on from Tomsula, Kaepernick, and Baalke. Blow it up now. Use your cap resources, bring in the presence, and please give my kids the chance to experience a winner like I did as a kid and you did as a kid.

Originally posted by Iupati77:
I am going on 40 years old and have been a 49er fan all of my life. I truly miss the days of Joe and Steve when our quarterback dropped back you had a rush of confidence that a big play or smart play was in the works. A few years back when we beat the Falcons to go back to the Super Bowl for the first time in what seemed like eternity, I wept like a little boys that I may be experiencing another Super Bowl win and my first with my two boys.
Flash forward to today and we need to get real. When you have a quarterback who has now been in the league 4-5 years and you are praying that his work in the off season with a Hall of Famer finally helps his development, when there really has not been any consistent development at all, it scares you. I hate to do it, but look at guy like Rogers. When his team is depleted of talent or hurt due to injury, he steps up even more to guide his franchise. He brings the old Joe and Steve confidence. When Kaepernick drops back, I cross my fingers that he doesn't give it away.
Add to this, the unfortunate losses we have had this past offseason, and the next to nothing we have gotten out of our 2012, 2013, 2014 drafts, and the pit in my stomach gets bigger and bigger. I am frustrated watching teams draft talented players who make an impact right away, like the Seahawks do. I am tired of drafting for two or three years down the road. Draft for NOW! Draft so you talent is oozing and people are fighting to get on the field. Drafting for two or three years down the road does nothing when you are trying to win now. Drafting this way does not put a sense of urgency or an ounce of confidence into your fan base.
I like Tomsula, I really do. But, he is a position coach, not head coach material. Does he think by saying that it is all on him, that we are supposed to say ok. No problem. Yes, it is on him, but it is on Baalke too, as well as the players on the field. I want an offensive line that dominates. I want a quarterback that does what a well versed QB does. With this, we can overcompensate for a team that has lost so much talent on D. But instead, we hold our breathe on a QB that has not developed one bit. He has all of the athleticism, but doesn't have it between the ears.
Jed, I was so proud of you when you hired Harbaugh. Finally we had a name and presence. However, I do agree it was time to move on from him (didn't like the way you handled it). We have become a laughing stock. A team with our history (your family history with Eddie) should not become a laughing stock.
So, let's get real. Cut Kaepernick loose after this year or trade him. Use the money to sign a talented o-line and shutdown corner. Draft a real QB, let Gabbert play to give year of development to the new QB, and draft Defense. Fire Tomsula and staff at year end and bring in someone with a presence (Like and Ariens).
Please Jed, put your ego aside. Move on from Tomsula, Kaepernick, and Baalke. Blow it up now. Use your cap resources, bring in the presence, and please give my kids the chance to experience a winner like I did as a kid and you did as a kid.

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I agree. Tomsula is over is head. He won't be the head coach after this year and Kaepernick will be gone too. And let's be real here even more: I honestly think that the "coaching search" was a complete charade and it was all part of their cost cutting strategy to let coaches like Fangio go. Tomsula was set up to fail and be the fall guy. I doubt Jed York will tweet an apology this time about how bad this team is. And when are going to hear from Balke's daughter about Geep Chryst.
Yes, let's be real here: the Packers are coming to town for a feast extravaganza. Right now, I am wondering at what point in the game, the loud echos of boos will be cascading down from the crowd,
Originally posted by Iupati77:I am just tired of having these knots in my stomach every Sunday, ten minutes into the game. I would pay huge money to have my boys feel for one game how I felt when Steve or Joe dropped back!