LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

How many Niners wins this season??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many Niners wins this season??

Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This post is of sound mind. The one above it has far too many words for me to care about at this time.

LMAO! Totally forgot about that!

If we are 7-2 at the bye I'll come back and read it.

Deal...although the 7-2 prediction wasn't mine. You probably didn't read that. Ha
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
This post is of sound mind. The one above it has far too many words for me to care about at this time.

LMAO! Totally forgot about that!

If we are 7-2 at the bye I'll come back and read it.

Deal...although the 7-2 prediction wasn't mine. You probably didn't read that. Ha

Man I know. I was just explaining how it's just as possible to only have 4 wins at the bye instead of 7 then you got all fancy on me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm just hoping we can win a single game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by susweel:

Well that should happen week one. Prime time, Min sucks, AP isn't the same and we haven't missed a beat.
Well that should happen week one. Prime time, Min sucks, AP isn't the same and we haven't missed a beat.

Hope so, going to be my first live niner game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I voted 8. A couple key injuries and 6 sounds about right.

For the 25% of you who voted 11, I'd like to know what 11 games on the schedule you think they will win?
cause I'm not feeling it.

We can possibly hit 7-2 at the bye mark

anything is possible lol

7 of their first 11 games are against playoff teams from last year
5 of which are road games the last @ seattle
3 prime time games when the 49ers haven't exactly been great in those

this schedule is tuff

They could possibly be 4-7 after 11
if you really look at the teams..then its not so far fetched..and 4 of your teams are really 2 teams
Originally posted by susweel:
is that a bet ?
"I don't care about perception, I care about reality," Tomsula says in a husky voice that sounds like the natural bark of football coach. "I try not to read what's out there, but sometimes I do and just laugh. I mean, some of the reports out there couldn't be further from the truth. It's the exact opposite of the reality that I'm dealing with. The exact opposite! Seriously, the exact opposite!"

Bingo!
I'm going to put my money on 9 wins. I have a very hard time seeing this team win only 6-7 games, and the schedule is pretty friendly in spots.

I also am not as high on the Cards and Rams as other folks are. Palmer is only getting older and I think the Cards will experience a significant drop off from their "Cinderella" season last year. I don't see the Rams as significantly improved so they will continue to bring up the rear of the division (not that the Rams are an awful team, they are just saddled with a very tough division).

Seattle will of course be a tough out and I'm pretty sure they're good for 10-11 wins this year. They're a stacked and stable team (the next few years however will bring turmoil).

Putting the Niners at 9 wins seems pretty reasonable to me. They aren't nearly as devoid of talent as many analysts seem to think. However, immense turnover in the coaching staff will have some effect I believe. The Niners will drop a game or two they should win. The long term outlook looks very good for the team. The retirements will actually help with the cap situation and there is a strong, talented youth movement on the team. If the team gets to 9 wins, I think we will see them catapult up in the win column the next few seasons.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
sticking with my PYMWYMI post and say 11

Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I'm going to put my money on 9 wins. I have a very hard time seeing this team win only 6-7 games, and the schedule is pretty friendly in spots.

I also am not as high on the Cards and Rams as other folks are. Palmer is only getting older and I think the Cards will experience a significant drop off from their "Cinderella" season last year. I don't see the Rams as significantly improved so they will continue to bring up the rear of the division (not that the Rams are an awful team, they are just saddled with a very tough division).

Seattle will of course be a tough out and I'm pretty sure they're good for 10-11 wins this year. They're a stacked and stable team (the next few years however will bring turmoil).

Putting the Niners at 9 wins seems pretty reasonable to me. They aren't nearly as devoid of talent as many analysts seem to think. However, immense turnover in the coaching staff will have some effect I believe. The Niners will drop a game or two they should win. The long term outlook looks very good for the team. The retirements will actually help with the cap situation and there is a strong, talented youth movement on the team. If the team gets to 9 wins, I think we will see them catapult up in the win column the next few seasons.

Great post!
I'm going to say 6 wins

We'll surprise teams at the beginning with our offense but once the blueprint is out, the defense will have to carry us again but they will ultimately fail and we will quickly realize the impact of losing Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Chris Culliver, and Chris Borland.

#realist
[ Edited by verb1der on Jul 22, 2015 at 10:08 AM ]
No one knows how things will pan out. A lot of people saying it will be difficult because we're facing playoff caliber opponents. Ummm, last year we beat a bunch of hard teams, it's the sh**ty teams we lost to( like the raiders )
Can't wait for the season to start to see who was correct. The homer or Debbie downer.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
No one knows how things will pan out. A lot of people saying it will be difficult because we're facing playoff caliber opponents. Ummm, last year we beat a bunch of hard teams, it's the sh**ty teams we lost to( like the raiders )
Can't wait for the season to start to see who was correct. The homer or Debbie downer.

Truth! Raiders, Chargers, Rams, Bears, etc...all give-away games.
Originally posted by boast:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182351-pymwymi-2015-2016-edition-year/

this
Share 49ersWebzone