LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 194 users in the forums

How many Niners wins this season??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many Niners wins this season??

Getting to the point. How well will this season turn out? How many wins will we have?

The National Media has been trashing the Niners (Power rating from 19-28). And Kap (21st). It is clear to me they view ALL our changes as bad. The more I attempt to analyze the more I see a silver lining.

I grow weary of those who talk-talk-talk and don't feel any consequences of their chatter. Me? Today I dropped $200 on Niners being OVER 7 wins (+115). I cannot conceive them losing 10 games which will make me a loser. I also took a flyer on the SB. My $25 will pay $1000 (now I am a $2-3 better here in Nevada so this is huge for Mr. Small Potatoes here). But, I put my money clearly where my mouth resides.

It appears to me the National Media has decided all our changes are bad. But .....

• The Front Office and Ownership undermined last years coaching staff. That obviously won't happen this year. I think this was incredibly large last year. The players are not children, they would have felt and lived this. Hard to preach TEAM when part of the organization is having titanic ego/control issues
  • This year we don't have Roman. Mr Predictable. Don't forget that was Mangini's main purpose in arriving with the team was to help them be less. Dahl coming from the Rams pretty much said as much (Rams had us wired on offense). Was I the only one screaming at the TV "don't run between the tackles" on first down? Second and long makes one predictable for pass as well. DC's have figured out Roman, while the whole world thinks they have figured out Kap. I find the former true.. Can anyone explain to me why you would be "run first" with your last QBs being Luck and Kaepernick (and Smith)?
  • Kap has never had any deep threat besides Vernon Davis. Last year no one (with Davis mostly hurt). Defenses only had to cover mid field since we never throw a screen and rarely a swing. T. Smith, J. Simpson & D. White should prevent "cheatin' in". Kendall Hunter and Reggie Bush should help our short game. Kap has never had so many weapons.
  • Can any Offensive Line we put together pass-block any worse than last year? Boy, I hope not. Kap at Nevada would leave the pocket early when he lost confidence in his OLine to protect him (against Norte Dame, Nebraska & Missouri). Last year he did this the first time as a Niner.
  • Can our Wide-outs drop as many passes as we did last year? Even sure handed Boldin dropped some. Boy, I hope not.
  • Almost all NFL teams with new coaches get a bump that shows up in the win column.
  • A focused A. Smith, A. Lynch, a revitalized A Brooks and even E. Harold. A extremely good friggin pass rush will help any defense (especially DBs). I cannot think of a past Niner team that was so strong in the pass rush category.
  • Zone Blocking. Extremely intriguing. Will this be a big boon or bust for us? I vote the former.
  • Kap working with Warner. Counts for something right?
  • Faster Tempo. A knock on Kap has been his pre-snap reads. Won't more time to pre-snap read be a boon? And no time outs do to over multiple complex plays being brought in late?
[ Edited by OldJoe on Jul 21, 2015 at 5:06 PM ]
I think there's an official PYMWYMI floating around.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I think there's an official PYMWYMI floating around.

locked up thread

vegas has

Seattle 11
Zona 8.5
STL 8
SF 6.5
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
locked up thread

vegas has

Seattle 11
Zona 8.5
STL 8
SF 6.5

Under seems like a good bet.
Because Vegas odds makers are always right

locked up thread

vegas has

Seattle 11
Zona 8.5
STL 8
SF 6.5
This seems a lot like the poll on the front page...
Good overall post. You can bet on 10 wins for sure.
If we beat the vikings game one 10-11 is possible. If we lose to the vikings at home game one be ready for 6 wins tops and looking at a 4-6 win painful season. Very up in the air at this point. Game one is a must win though.
This seems like a good season to with hold guessing until we have seen how the DL and D backfield, plus Kap and the OL work out. Same could be said for the coaching. A vote at present seems pretty tough for another 2 months. Just too many unanswered questions out there. I have high hopes but no insight at present.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM ]

• boast
  • Hella Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182351-pymwymi-2015-2016-edition-year/
Originally posted by 9erReign:
locked up thread

vegas has

Seattle 11
Zona 8.5
STL 8
SF 6.5

2011 was over 7 and we hit 13, this year not touchig the over
Do you guy's think that we will have a better record than the SD Chargers? I made a $50 bet, that we would do better than the chargers.
I say WITH A BUNCH of injuries like last year 7-8 wins again. Without many injuries 10-11.

Betters.....
bet niners OVER 6.5 wins
Bet JAX UNDER 5.5 wins both locks!!! I know my s**t when it comes to over unders, every year Christmas comes early bc I usually win my over unders before the last game or two of the season.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
locked up thread

vegas has

Seattle 11
Zona 8.5
STL 8
SF 6.5

If you want to lose
Share 49ersWebzone