49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 520 users in the forums

Post Draft 53 Man Depth Chart

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
My 53 man roster:

Offense -- 25

QB -- 2
Colin Kaepernick
Blaine Gabbert

RB -- 5
Carlos Hyde
Reggie Bush
Kendall Hunter
Mike Davis
Jarryd Hayne

FB -- 1
Bruce Miller

WR -- 5
Anquan Boldin
Torrey Smith
Bruce Ellington
Quinton Patton
DeAndrew White

TE -- 4
Vernon Davis
Vance McDonald
Blake Bell
Garrett Celek

OL -- 8
Joe Staley
Alex Boone
Joe Looney
Marcus Martin
Erik Pears
Brandon Thomas
Trent Brown
Dillon Farrell

Defense -- 25

DL -- 7
Glenn Dorsey
Ian Williams
Quinton Dial
Tank Carradine
Darnell Dockett
Arik Armstead
Mike Purcell

LB -- 8
Navorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Michael Wilhoite
Aaron Lynch
Eli Harold
Corey Lemonier
Nick Moody
Nick Bellore

CB -- 5
Tramaine Brock
Shareece Wright
Keith Reaser
Kenneth Acker
Dontae Johnson

S -- 5
Eric Reid
Antoine Bethea
Jimmie Ward
Jaquiski Tartt
LJ McCray

Special Teams -- 3

Phil Dawson
Bradley Pinion
Kyle Nelson

PUP -- 2

Daniel Kilgore
DeAndre Smelter

Reserve/Suspended -- 1

Jerome Simpson

Really like it. Big fan of Farrell over Devey. I can see Celek over Millard. Well done.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
My 53 man roster:

Offense -- 25

QB -- 2
Colin Kaepernick
Blaine Gabbert

RB -- 5
Carlos Hyde
Reggie Bush
Kendall Hunter
Mike Davis
Jarryd Hayne

FB -- 1
Bruce Miller

WR -- 5
Anquan Boldin
Torrey Smith
Bruce Ellington
Quinton Patton
DeAndrew White

TE -- 4
Vernon Davis
Vance McDonald
Blake Bell
Garrett Celek

OL -- 8
Joe Staley
Alex Boone
Joe Looney
Marcus Martin
Erik Pears
Brandon Thomas
Trent Brown
Dillon Farrell

Defense -- 25

DL -- 7
Glenn Dorsey
Ian Williams
Quinton Dial
Tank Carradine
Darnell Dockett
Arik Armstead
Mike Purcell

LB -- 8
Navorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Michael Wilhoite
Aaron Lynch
Eli Harold
Corey Lemonier
Nick Moody
Nick Bellore

CB -- 5
Tramaine Brock
Shareece Wright
Keith Reaser
Kenneth Acker
Dontae Johnson

S -- 5
Eric Reid
Antoine Bethea
Jimmie Ward
Jaquiski Tartt
LJ McCray

Special Teams -- 3

Phil Dawson
Bradley Pinion
Kyle Nelson

PUP -- 2

Daniel Kilgore
DeAndre Smelter

Reserve/Suspended -- 1

Jerome Simpson

Really like it. Big fan of Farrell over Devey. I can see Celeb over Millard. Well done.

My potential pro-bowlers in bold. People say we don't have talent??? These guys have a legitimate shot. 14 players! Even if half went that would be a great accomplishment and testament to a productive season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Really like it. Big fan of Farrell over Devey. I can see Celeb over Millard. Well done.

Thanks!

When it came down to that final OL spot, Farrell got the nod due to his versatility. Can play all 5 positions on the line, and he's further along than guys like Silberman and Devey. Hopefully Silberman finds a spot on the PS.

Wanted to find a spot for Millard, but couldn't find it. I think Celek is underrated both as a blocker and receiver. He's solid and gives us great TE depth, which is a key position for us.

Busta Anderson really flashed on that 29 yard reception. I think he needs an "injury" and redshirt for a year.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
My potential pro-bowlers in bold. People say we don't have talent??? These guys have a legitimate shot. 14 players! Even if half went that would be a great accomplishment and testament to a productive season.

That's a fun way to look at it!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Really like it. Big fan of Farrell over Devey. I can see Celeb over Millard. Well done.

Thanks!

When it came down to that final OL spot, Farrell got the nod due to his versatility. Can play all 5 positions on the line, and he's further along than guys like Silberman and Devey. Hopefully Silberman finds a spot on the PS.

Wanted to find a spot for Millard, but couldn't find it. I think Celek is underrated both as a blocker and receiver. He's solid and gives us great TE depth, which is a key position for us.

Busta Anderson really flashed on that 29 yard reception. I think he needs an "injury" and redshirt for a year.

Ummmm yes he does.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
My potential pro-bowlers in bold. People say we don't have talent??? These guys have a legitimate shot. 14 players! Even if half went that would be a great accomplishment and testament to a productive season.

I like the way you think, man!

I agree, plenty of pro-bowl caliber talent which you pointed out in bold. Good depth too.

Ian Williams is a darkhorse candidate for a pro-bowl nod. Nose tackles rarely get recognized, but he's got great ability. Just needs to stay healthy. Justin Smith on record saying this kid is a top NT in the league.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Busta Anderson really flashed on that 29 yard reception. I think he needs an "injury" and redshirt for a year.

And with Davis and Celek being FA's and Vance only having 1 year left come next season if Anderson doesn't get a minor injury to go to IR I'll have to go and hurt him myself. Might have to ask him for an autograph and give him a bad paper cut. I really hope we can keep him around somehow. Hate to put him on the PS because someone will take him. I really want him around next year especially if Davis is gone. We might really need him.

As for your roster I like it. I'm struggling with Farrell vs Silberman and also how to get Millard along with Hunter and then Anderson on there.

And like you guys said having this much talent after one of the worst offseasons in nfl history shows how freaking stacked we were before.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 24, 2015 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
And with Davis and Celek being FA's and Vance only having 1 year left come next season if Anderson doesn't get a minor injury to go to IR I'll have to go and hurt him myself. Might have to ask him for an autograph and give him a bad paper cut. I really hope we can keep him around somehow. Hate to put him on the PS because someone will take him. I really want him around next year especially if Davis is gone. We might really need him.

As for your roster I like it. I'm struggling with Farrell vs Silberman and also how to get Millard along with Hunter and then Anderson on there.

And like you guys said having this much talent after one of the worst offseasons in nfl history shows how freaking stacked we were before.

Yup, the depth we had before was insane. It's still strong, even after all the off-season turnover, evidenced by the fact there are going to be some legit talented players left off the 53. Just don't have room for them all.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Updating What My 53 Would Look Like:

-25 Offense-
QB: Kap, Gabbert
RB: Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter
FB: Miller, Millard
OL: Staley, Boone, Martin, Pears, Looney, Thomas, Brown, Silberman, Farrell
TE: Davis, McDonald, Bell, Anderson
WR: Smith, Boldin, Patton, Ellington

-24 Defense-
DL: Dorsey, Williams, Dial, Carradine, Dockett, Armstead, Purcell
ILB: Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody, Bellore (ST)
OLB: Lynch, Brooks, Harold (Bellore can play OLB in a pinch)
CB: Brock, Johnson, Ward, Wright, Reaser, Acker
S: Reid, Bethea, Tartt, McCray

-4 ST-
K: Dawson P: Pinion LS: Nelson RS: Hayne
PUP: Kilgore, Smelter
Suspended List: Simpson

With this I can get Hunter, Anderson, Farrell, Silberman, Millard, Purcell and Hayne all on there. Leaves Celek, Okoye, White, Skov and Lemonier as odd men out.

You know what Celek had his time to shine let's let Anderson have his turn. Kilgore on PUP gives Silberman and Farrell 6 weeks to duke it out in practice to get the right guy. I wouldn't feel as bad letting Okoye, Skov and Lemonier go since they had plenty of time to show their stuff.

I might be the first to get rid of Lemonier (and Lemon) and put Hayne under ST. Something different but it works. Only thing is 4 wr's but we can probably get away with 3 in our offense lol.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 24, 2015 at 6:00 PM ]
  • davel
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 326
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
My potential pro-bowlers in bold. People say we don't have talent??? These guys have a legitimate shot. 14 players! Even if half went that would be a great accomplishment and testament to a productive season.

This is a bit off topic but how serious is the pro-bowl taken

is it like say the NHL all star game where it's more don't get injured, no real big hits, just put on a show for the fans and score lots of goals

or is it a legit contest that is played at 100% and being selected in the team is a real achievement
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Updating What My 53 Would Look Like:

-25 Offense-
QB: Kap, Gabbert
RB: Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter
FB: Miller, Millard
OL: Staley, Boone, Martin, Pears, Looney, Thomas, Brown, Silberman, Farrell
TE: Davis, McDonald, Bell, Anderson
WR: Smith, Boldin, Patton, Ellington

-24 Defense-
DL: Dorsey, Williams, Dial, Carradine, Dockett, Armstead, Purcell
ILB: Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody, Bellore (ST)
OLB: Lynch, Brooks, Harold (Bellore can play OLB in a pinch)
CB: Brock, Johnson, Ward, Wright, Reaser, Acker
S: Reid, Bethea, Tartt, McCray

-4 ST-
K: Dawson P: Pinion LS: Nelson RS: Hayne
PUP: Kilgore, Smelter
Suspended List: Simpson

With this I can get Hunter, Anderson, Farrell, Silberman, Millard, Purcell and Hayne all on there. Leaves Celek, Okoye, White, Skov and Lemonier as odd men out.

You know what Celek had his time to shine let's let Anderson have his turn. Kilgore on PUP gives Silberman and Farrell 6 weeks to duke it out in practice to get the right guy. I wouldn't feel as bad letting Okoye, Skov and Lemonier go since they had plenty of time to show their stuff.

I might be the first to get rid of Lemonier (and Lemon) and put Hayne under ST. Something different but it works. Only thing is 4 wr's but we can probably get away with 3 in our offense lol.

That's a VERY interesting 53, man. Good work.

Anderson over Celek could happen if they feel Anderson will get claimed.

I really like the idea of Bellore doubling at OLB and ILB, pushing Lemonier out of the picture, and creating a spot to be used elsewhere.

Only thing is we'll probably need at least 1 more receiver, 4 is a bit light. Don't want to lose a guy like White, he'll certainly get claimed off waivers.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Only thing is we'll probably need at least 1 more receiver, 4 is a bit light. Don't want to lose a guy like White, he'll certainly get claimed off waivers.

you could put in white over patton... could also keep both and take out Farrell or Silberman. Also, I just thought of bellore as 4th emergency OLB when I was doing it because I remembered him playing there last night and heck he might be our next Dan Skuta. For sure a lot of guys deserving of their spots over Lemonier but because we need 4 OLB's he probably makes it. Unless we want to keep Lemon around. Not sure Bellore is far enough along or if they have seen enough of him at OLB to go 3 OLBs

Originally posted by NinerGM:
I don't know if the 49ers go without a back-up blocker .... they've done this to their peril before - which is why Trey was drafted.

That's a good point. The past how many years we had a backup fb whether that was Dixon or Tukuafu. If no Millard does Hayne take on that roll? Mcdonald?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 24, 2015 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I don't know if the 49ers go without a back-up blocker .... they've done this to their peril before - which is why Trey was drafted.

These days the TEs can double as the backup FB. It's rare for teams to carry 2 true FBs these days, although Millard is a multi-skilled guy. He can fill a variety of roles and play special teams. That may give him the edge, but in my gut I think they keep Celek. If McDonald faceplants, and Bell is not ready, Celek can be a solid, steady option as the 2nd TE.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Really like it. Big fan of Farrell over Devey. I can see Celek over Millard. Well done.

I don't know if the 49ers go without a back-up blocker .... they've done this to their peril before - which is why Trey was drafted.

That was my MAIN reason for keeping Millard...when Miller went down, we were eff'd in the past and clearly he's going to be a huge piece to our running game. Add in Millard who can be an H-back...block, catch, be moved around, etc. Very versatile and adds insurance in case Miller goes down.

It's neck and neck for me with Farrell and Devey. As we've seen re: the OL, Staley, Boone and Pears have all looked good and are reliable. Do we go with the reliable safe veteran backup in Devey or the versatile and young Farrell?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I don't know if the 49ers go without a back-up blocker .... they've done this to their peril before - which is why Trey was drafted.

These days the TEs can double as the backup FB. It's rare for teams to carry 2 true FBs these days, although Millard is a multi-skilled guy. He can fill a variety of roles and play special teams. That may give him the edge, but in my gut I think they keep Celek. If McDonald faceplants, and Bell is not ready, Celek can be a solid, steady option as the 2nd TE.

They did line up VD at fullback as recently as Sunday.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone