There are 760 users in the forums
Colin Kaepernick Thread
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:35 AM
- FredFlintstone
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,741
Hope hue Jackson wants him and we ship him off to that qb cemetery in Cleveland, don't want him going to Denver, new York, or Houston unless either massively over pays. Was hoping for the best for kap but all his crying and bi***ING and him supposedly trying to force himself out just killed it for me.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:Pay attention to what the OLB's are doing, a lot of times they are book-ending him and lying in wait. One spy or two is containing his running threat
If Kaepernick Could ever regain his confidence, and play like he was in 2012, and by that I mean read and react.
I don't have a big problem with him only looking at one or two reads, and then taking off running. The problem that he was having is that he couldn't decide on what he wanted to do. That was the most frustrating part of watching Kaepernick play these last two years.
He would have a huge hole open up In front him, but instead of him taking off for a huge gain like in the past, he would immediately become conflicted on what he should do.
I'm 100% positive that there would be times, while watching the game, that you would all start yelling at the TV, "Run Kap, what the f**k are you waiting for", and then...he gets sacked.
and he rarely finds the void that leaves in coverage. That is pretty obvious, unless you chose to ignore another obvious flaw in his game.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:39 AM
- Blindfury
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,663
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yes, it's true, they did back Kap when they felt they could only get so far with Alex. Kap shined very bright, but he also burned out just as quickly. Players want to win and if there's a better option on the bench, they want that guy in.
That's why we draft a QB at #7. I wouldn't say that if Kap had the balls to want to fight for his job and earn his teammates backing but he doesn't, which means we need to draft a QB in case Gabbert hits a ceiling or can't get the job done.
See that, I'm only in favor of a QB that gets us wins, not in favor of my favorite QB.
Why is it so difficult to understand? I know you want to flip this to Kaep being too afraid to fight for his job or whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but it goes so far beyond that. The relationship between Kaep and the front office is irreparably damaged. There is no going back. I said this a long while ago. I'm sure if things were cool with the front office, Kaep would have no issue competing. The guy has always been a competitor, he's going to just give up now?
We're not winning with Gabbert though. This isn't an Alex/Kaep situation where Kaep was winning. Gabbert has never won in his career and didn't win with this 9er team. He couldn't even put up a better QBR than an injured Kaep. So moving on to another QB besides Gabbert is a good idea.
You think Kaep is my fave QB? That's the funniest thing of all. Kaep isn't my fave QB. I just think he takes so much s**t from fans who in many cases have never gotten over the benching. It has been this way for YEARS! So, Kaep is gone now, maybe they will get over it and maybe watch the game through clearer lenses.
Been a fan for several decades. I've seen better players than Kaep come and go. I am a 9er fan and I resent ANYONE questioning that...considering we have people who adopted other teams because they couldn't stomach Kaep....I'm disgusted by that claim.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:39 AM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,179
Originally posted by SoCold:Originally posted by NYniner85:Originally posted by SoCold:Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Originally posted by SoCold:All he has to do is say his hand really hurts and he can't throw the ball. What is the team going to do give him $11.9m to sit the bench?
2017 - $14.5m fully guaranteed after 4/1/17
2018 - $5.2m fully guaranteed after 4/1/18
2019 - Base salary $16.8m
2020 - Base salary $19m
Could get real ugly for both sides if they don't want to play nice.
If he isn't healthy by April 1st then there is no advantage to cutting him for the remainder of the year. They could RG3 him and make him sit on the bench.
So you want the team to give him his guaranteed money of $11.9m to be the 2nd string QB?
I mean what else can they do? because of his injury they can't cut him until he's passes a physical (which might not be until after April 1st)...if they can't find fair comp he's fighting Blaine for the starting gig for the season.
? who said he has to pass a physical before they cut him
as far as I know they can cut or trade him before April 1st and his $11.9m is not paid.
49ers would only pay back bonus money of a couple million
The injury clause only covers career ending injures. Plus Kap had to take out an ins. policy to pay the 49ers back $20m if he has a career ending injury.
IMO the best thing the 49ers could do is cut it's loses with him either trading him or cutting him before April 1st. Save around $8m and use that so sign another QB that's isn't rehabbing a throwing hand. Esp. if he doesn't want to be here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/16140/is-colin-kaepernick-finished-playing-for-49ers
"Still, Kaepernick would have to pass a physical in order for the Niners to cut him. So it behooves Kaepernick to be healthy by March 9, unless he prefers to stick with the Niners at $11.9 million"
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:40 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Competition hasn't even started and it looks like Gabbert wins.
My theory on Kap from everything I have seen of him: He is weak -minded. Man...Kap doesn't like things to be very hard for him.
- Has a great game: loves the media
- Has a tough game, media asks some direct questions that aren't very tough to answer: Kap clams up
- First few plays of the game work, Kap gets cocky and jaws it up with the defense.
- First few plays of the game don't work, Kap makes that face like he just s**t his pants and mentally checks out.
This dude, with this attitude, will not be in the league very long. He will start somewhere else, struggle, get benched, and will want to run somewhere else. Dude doesn't even want to face his real momma for closure...I know, that was a low blow...but it does display how he handles problems...he runs away or hides from them.
100% truth
Fight or flight. This one flies.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:40 AM
- MikeD
- Veteran
- Posts: 517
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Lifer:
Originally posted by MikeD:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MikeD:
See if the browns will entertain trading their first round pick for Kap
And risk whomever is running things up in Cleveland dying of laughter?
People even here in this forum wanted Jackson because he was great with QBs, and Browns are clearly drafting a QB, so I don't know what the dying of laughter comment means. Either take your chance in the draft where theres no guaranteed good QB or go with someone that had some success in the NFL
Kap plus #7 pick for the #2 pick. This gives the Browns an experienced starting QB, plus an impact player at #7. It gives the 49ers thier pick of the rookie QB's for Kelly to build around.
If Jackson and the Browns think they can salvage Kap, they might be interested. Though they'd probably want an additional pick.
That would be freaking awesome.
That would work since it would guarantee us a new QB and if Kelly is in love with any of them, then I'll all for it.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM
- cris_sonic
- Veteran
- Posts: 484


Too much drama with this guy. Self-absorb one read QB...Trade this tool! Good Riddance!!!
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:43 AM
- jrouter4949
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,738
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I have, have YOU? Yeah, last year was pretty bad, but come on, new RB, WR's, different offensive line, the decimation of the defense, and coaching staff.
The prior year was not bad at all, give me a break.
Oh yeah I have,you either refuse to see or you have not had your eyes open to see that Kap problems are due to His Stubborness to get in the Film room,Study the play book,and get out of the weight room,you can bring Bill Walsh and it would not make a difference , because Kap refuses to do those thing any GOOD QB does....I don`t Care how talented you think Kap has,its a waste,Talent alone do make you a good player.....JimA49ers
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:43 AM
- Blindfury
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,663
Fall guys: Harbaugh, Kaep, who's next?
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM
- mojave45
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,046
Originally posted by Dajanksta:Originally posted by Kolohe:Good morning everyone, what's the news today, did they give him a contract extension??
Just got an alert on my phone that kap is somehow trying to get the 49ers to cut him lol
From ESPN btw. Sal paolantonio or whatever his name is.
Skip Bayless just announced that it is settled, 50 years $2.1B, No trade, guaranteed against injury, plus bonuses.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by Blindfury:I thought you were leaving, and I even quoted that. Not only do you post nonsensical garbage making excuses for Kap you can't even back up your word. Is there any truth to anything you post?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yes, it's true, they did back Kap when they felt they could only get so far with Alex. Kap shined very bright, but he also burned out just as quickly. Players want to win and if there's a better option on the bench, they want that guy in.
That's why we draft a QB at #7. I wouldn't say that if Kap had the balls to want to fight for his job and earn his teammates backing but he doesn't, which means we need to draft a QB in case Gabbert hits a ceiling or can't get the job done.
See that, I'm only in favor of a QB that gets us wins, not in favor of my favorite QB.
Why is it so difficult to understand? I know you want to flip this to Kaep being too afraid to fight for his job or whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but it goes so far beyond that. The relationship between Kaep and the front office is irreparably damaged. There is no going back. I said this a long while ago. I'm sure if things were cool with the front office, Kaep would have no issue competing. The guy has always been a competitor, he's going to just give up now?
We're not winning with Gabbert though. This isn't an Alex/Kaep situation where Kaep was winning. Gabbert has never won in his career and didn't win with this 9er team. He couldn't even put up a better QBR than an injured Kaep. So moving on to another QB besides Gabbert is a good idea.
You think Kaep is my fave QB? That's the funniest thing of all. Kaep isn't my fave QB. I just think he takes so much s**t from fans who in many cases have never gotten over the benching. It has been this way for YEARS! So, Kaep is gone now, maybe they will get over it and maybe watch the game through clearer lenses.
Been a fan for several decades. I've seen better players than Kaep come and go. I am a 9er fan and I resent ANYONE questioning that...considering we have people who adopted other teams because they couldn't stomach Kaep....I'm disgusted by that claim.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM
- Blindfury
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,663
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Oh yeah I have,you either refuse to see or you have not had your eyes open to see that Kap problems are due to His Stubborness to get in the Film room,Study the play book,and get out of the weight room,you can bring Bill Walsh and it would not make a difference , because Kap refuses to do those thing any GOOD QB does....I don`t Care how talented you think Kap has,its a waste,Talent alone do make you a good player.....JimA49ers
PROOF:
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM
- ElephantHaley
- Member
- Posts: 7,020
Well if he doesn't wanna be here then trade him to the highest bidder plain and simple.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:45 AM
- Blindfury
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,663
Originally posted by BobS:
I thought you were leaving, and I even quoted that. Not only do you post nonsensical garbage making excuses for Kap you can't even back up your word. Is there any truth to anything you post?
Keep up the harassment.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:47 AM
- mojave45
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,046
Originally posted by BobS:Pay attention to what the OLB's are doing, a lot of times they are book-ending him and lying in wait. One spy or two is containing his running threatOriginally posted by InsertNameHere:If Kaepernick Could ever regain his confidence, and play like he was in 2012, and by that I mean read and react.
I don't have a big problem with him only looking at one or two reads, and then taking off running. The problem that he was having is that he couldn't decide on what he wanted to do. That was the most frustrating part of watching Kaepernick play these last two years.
He would have a huge hole open up In front him, but instead of him taking off for a huge gain like in the past, he would immediately become conflicted on what he should do.
I'm 100% positive that there would be times, while watching the game, that you would all start yelling at the TV, "Run Kap, what the f**k are you waiting for", and then...he gets sacked.
and he rarely finds the void that leaves in coverage. That is pretty obvious, unless you chose to ignore another obvious flaw in his game.
Even so, in many if those plays if he had just tucked it and ran, we wouldn't be looking at losing as many yards.
