There are 130 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO - Still our biggest concern.

Disagree. Secondary still is and it's not close.

Both, difference being we have the best front 7 in football.

Shany seems to make a bunch of meh OLmen play above their abilities.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Eagles OL >>> Chiefs and it's not even close. I would even give the edge to our OL over the Chiefs slightly.

Oh man. Thanks for that one.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

For me depth is a concern due to the annual injury 🐜🪲 that keeps biting the 49er players.

I think McKivitz is going to be good, or *I hope he will develop to be a good player.* As for the rest, Zakelj and Moore are younger than Feliciano and Pryor and I think Feliciano and Pryor have leveled in their development and are just there as depth and not seen as developing players. At least that's my gut feeling. Zakelj and Moore - I think - still have the potential to get much better.

I like how that OLine has been built and developed to this point, I'm now just worried about depth and injuries.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Disagree. Secondary still is and it's not close.

Both, difference being we have the best front 7 in football.

Shany seems to make a bunch of meh OLmen play above their abilities.

The practice squadders and the bench players get to play against some elite DLinemen in practice. If you were a young practice squadder and you were able to stalemate Bosa and Hargrave in practice - I would think you'd have tremendous confidence in playing against any other DLinemen in the NFL.
Originally posted by Giedi:

For me depth is a concern due to the annual injury 🐜🪲 that keeps biting the 49er players.

I think McKivitz is going to be good, or *I hope he will develop to be a good player.* As for the rest, Zakelj and Moore are younger than Feliciano and Pryor and I think Feliciano and Pryor have leveled in their development and are just there as depth and not seen as developing players. At least that's my gut feeling. Zakelj and Moore - I think - still have the potential to get much better.

I like how that OLine has been built and developed to this point, I'm now just worried about depth and injuries.

Lets hope we get better PP from McKivitz than McWhiff.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 6, 2023 at 3:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Sums it up.

It's like the D.E.N.N.I.S system of debating….…

Always argue in bad faith
Always paint yourself into a corner
Always move goalposts
Always gaslight
Always be condescending
and most importantly, always speak with extreme confidence to make others think you actually know what you are talking about while at the same time never listening.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Eagles OL >>> Chiefs and it's not even close. I would even give the edge to our OL over the Chiefs slightly.

are you suggesting Gore's post was not, tier 1?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Lets hope we get better PP from McKivitz than McWhiff.

Agree,💯%, because I think Kyle is intent on opening up the passing game because of Brock's skillset in passing. Last year, that OLine was designed more to run (with McGlinchy) than to pass block, in my opinion. That second tight end, in a two tight end set, is like another OLine, from a running game perspective. That adds another dimension to Kyle's run game. You have effectively 7 men on the line of scrimmage blocking for the Run game, so to speak, but two of those OLinemen can actually go out to catch passes also. That will present a big headache to defenses loading up on taking Purdy out. For example BlitzBurg or the Eagles.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

LMAO.

FTR, 9ers OL has never been tier 1. Not even back in the Harbaugh days (because they struggled in PP).

That said, if he was referencing THIS year, then that is a possibility. We'll have to see how it goes. I could buy they are in the same tier and SF even being slightly better.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 6, 2023 at 3:54 PM ]

Sums it up.

Always move goalposts
Always gaslight
Always be condescending
and most importantly, always speak with extreme confidence to make others think you actually know what you are talking about while at the same time never listening.
Can we hardcode that as NCs signature ?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Sums it up.

Always move goalposts
Always gaslight
Always be condescending
Can we hardcode that as NCs signature ?

Weirdos! LOL
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Hmmmm. I mean a several words in it were "tier 1 streaking." But let's not move too far, too fast.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 6, 2023 at 6:56 PM ]

OLine vs DLine

How we spread the money

Trents like the only guy with a big contract, he is the best atleast though
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

OLine vs DLine

How we spread the money

Haha. There's just a tiny discrepancy in resources and cap used on the 2 units over the past 7 years. Tiny.

They better close!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

OLine vs DLine

How we spread the money

yep, I wish we had money to keep Laken. He was solid for us...
Share 49ersWebzone