There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
And again Patrick Mahomes loses when his OL is AWFUL. NOT TIER 2. NOT TIER 3. AWFUL

But because you can't see the difference between a "tier 2" OL and what Patrick had in the SB vs the Bucs or Stafford had week 1 vs Buffalo you make large sweeping generalizations about what's required.

I don't care what Brandon Thorn thought at end of season. KCs line in playoffs was not elite in any way shape or form. Everyone sees this but you.

You are one of about five people in the world who didn't think the Chiefs didn't have a tier 1 OL.

Are you going to tell me the Eagles didn't have a tier 1 OL either? And didn't play up to that through the playoffs?

Let's see your objective argument.

Haha. Tiered is way out of that one with ease.
yup.. he can't say #1 anymore since it came back to bite him

now ..he can use Tier 1 which could have 32 teams in it
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO - Still our biggest concern.

Disagree. Secondary still is and it's not close.

We'll Know more on Sunday. Hopefully neither is an issue.
You are one of about five people in the world who didn't think the Chiefs didn't have a tier 1 OL.

Are you going to tell me the Eagles didn't have a tier 1 OL either? And didn't play up to that through the playoffs?

THEY DIDNT PLAY LIKE A TIER ONE OL

I don't care where they were ranked. People pointed out the 9ers were top 5 and you hemmed and hawwed about let's see how they do in playoffs. Yet Chiefs still get to be revered even when they don't play well.

Asking for an objective argument from me is rich when the entire basis of what you are saying is based on what one guy writes who you don't even actually read in its entirety.

LMAO. Says you? PFF?

LOL.

The irony is you're still fighting so hard against getting a tier 1 OL for the very (next) QB you're going to scrutinize against Patrick Mahomes-standards when PM couldn't do it either.

Good times. Welcome to the WZ.

PS: Still waiting to see those Chiefs vs. Eagles OL stats that proved the Eagles played like a tier 1 OL and the Chiefs didn't.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 6, 2023 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol

Its really my own fault. I should know better by now.

Happens to the best of us

I fear Purdy getting killed because of a blown assignment or bad play way more than a db getting burned.

I actually think the secondary, while young and will make mistakes, looks very promising. I don't like RT or the backups at all. Not even near the same confidence tbh lol

I hope I'm wrong since it looks like they now found a couple of guards, but if RT is bad, or TW misses time (which happens every year) I'm going to toss and turn all night before a game if I am Purdy.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I fear Purdy getting killed because of a blown assignment or bad play way more than a db getting burned.

I actually think the secondary, while young and will make mistakes, looks very promising. I don't like RT or the backups at all. Not even near the same confidence tbh lol

I hope I'm wrong since it looks like they now found a couple of guards, but if RT is bad, or TW misses time (which happens every year) I'm going to toss and turn all night before a game if I am Purdy.

Well, if Brock Purdy plays better than Patrick Mahomes, none of this will matter. LOL

Well, if Brock Purdy plays better than Patrick Mahomes, none of this will matter. LOL

LOL exactly.

Purdy doesn't have to play better than PM, unless Purdy is playing behind KCs line
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Purdy doesn't have to play better than PM, unless Purdy is playing behind KCs line

LMAO.

I don't care where they were ranked. People pointed out the 9ers were top 5 and you hemmed and hawwed about let's see how they do in playoffs. Yet Chiefs still get to be revered even when they don't play well.

Asking for an objective argument from me is rich when the entire basis of what you are saying is based on what one guy writes who you don't even actually read in its entirety.

LMAO. Says you? PFF?

LOL.

The irony is you're still fighting so hard against getting a tier 1 OL for the very (next) QB you're going to scrutinize against Patrick Mahomes-standards when PM couldn't do it either.

PS: Still waiting to see those Chiefs vs. Eagles OL stats that proved the Eagles played like a tier 1 OL and the Chiefs didn't.

Eagles OL >>> Chiefs and it's not even close. I would even give the edge to our OL over the Chiefs slightly.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

LMAO. Says you? PFF?

LOL.

Eagles OL >>> Chiefs and it's not even close. I would even give the edge to our OL over the Chiefs slightly.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Sums it up.

I like Mckivitz more than I like Lenoir or Ambry Thomas. And I'm not a big fan of McKivitz.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Posted this in the FA thread.

Curtis Mcclendon was cut by the Raiders, he's 10x better than Nick Zakelj, as he was the highest graded rookie OL in the preseason.

Niners should have signed him. But once again, we can't scout OL.

That's interesting. I'm not too familiar with him. That has been one of my concerns...just stack talent and keep stacking talent (using all avenues) and let the chips fall where they may. This would be one of those avenues.

3-prong approach, baby!

Agree, stack the high round picks on the left side of the line (QB blind side) and the lower round picks on the right side.
Share 49ersWebzone