LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dlance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDGper_sLLM

Right Side of the 49ers Offensive Line

It's Grant Cohn but its video.

Holy s**t this is so bad. The music is absolutely hilarious!
Now some guys are gonna get mad at GC because he is showing how bad the O-line is.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That sweet stuff.

You love you some Cohn NC

With Jimmys durability, he would've been gone for the next 3 seasons if that was Jimmy on the first play
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Now some guys are gonna get mad at GC because he is showing how bad the O-line is.

Yup just like some get mad when Rich shows clips of pressure being the result of bad QB play.

No one is saying we have an elite OL, there is however a f**k ton of variables that equal pressures.
I want to read this!

I like Grant because he is not a homer. When I was 20's I would hate that dude because my emotions would run high when someone talked s**t on the niners.. In my 30's it got way better... now, I seek out the non homer view of the team. I am smart enough to know I live and die 49ers, so my glasses are red/gold by default.
Originally posted by Force_Choke:
I like Grant because he is not a homer. When I was 20's I would hate that dude because my emotions would run high when someone talked s**t on the niners.. In my 30's it got way better... now, I seek out the non homer view of the team. I am smart enough to know I live and die 49ers, so my glasses are red/gold by default.

He thinks Nick Mullens is a good as Jimmy G even I'm not gonna admit that one lol.

He throws out ridiculous takes to get people to listen to him....people in the industry think he's a joke.

From a film breakdown perspective his knowledge is just above most WZers and fans. That doesn't make him some intelligent football mind though.

Grant also loves to cherry pick stats/clips fo push his narrative, he doesn't look at the overall perspective of what's happening because a lot of the time it disproves what he's saying.

I take whatever he says with a grain of salt. He's low man on the totem pole for me when it comes to anything 49ers related, especially when it comes to scheme/film and evaluation.

Too each their own
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I want to read this!

Ahhh man. Damn those pay walls. I gotta believe Kyle's system has to be one of the most QB-friendly systems in the NFL. Learning it however, has to be one of the hardest.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
That sweet stuff.

You love you some Cohn NC

With Jimmys durability, he would've been gone for the next 3 seasons if that was Jimmy on the first play

Yeah probably!
I want to read this!

Ahhh man. Damn those pay walls. I gotta believe Kyle's system has to be one of the most QB-friendly systems in the NFL. Learning it however, has to be one of the hardest.

You mean OL friendly that's what it's all about.

I wish I could just buy by the article lol

You mean OL friendly that's what it's all about.

I wish I could just buy by the article lol

Right? Oh, I fully take that back then minus the quick-hit passing game and YAC personnel targets. I've literally seen OL just stop blocking at roughly 2.5 seconds expecting the ball out and then they're like, "Oh s**t!" I don't know how much he's evaluated the run blocking schemes but that by far has to be at the top of most demands just given the volume and complexity and variance of the scheme.

PP - One of the easiest
RB - One of the hardest

That'd be my guess. I think Kyle puts a ton on the OL and then schemes around them when struggling (QB too).
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 5, 2020 at 7:41 AM ]
He thinks Nick Mullens is a good as Jimmy G even I'm not gonna admit that one lol.

He throws out ridiculous takes to get people to listen to him....people in the industry think he's a joke.

From a film breakdown perspective his knowledge is just above most WZers and fans. That doesn't make him some intelligent football mind though.

Grant also loves to cherry pick stats/clips fo push his narrative, he doesn't look at the overall perspective of what's happening because a lot of the time it disproves what he's saying.

I take whatever he says with a grain of salt. He's low man on the totem pole for me when it comes to anything 49ers related, especially when it comes to scheme/film and evaluation.

Too each their own

Like with Rich, it's just video evidence, I look at all of it on my TL. GC used to have the only practice videos too. As long as he's not narrating it the film speaks for itself.

As to his trolling and cherry picking angle, we all know that's his goal to generate buzz.

As to context. A few games ago he showed AA dogging it pretty bad in a game. Nothing wrong with that. But context is important. Later, we found out he tested positive for COVID. That's likely why Kinlaw only had 21 snaps and was sucking wind struggling to breathe after his pick-6 too. Context is needed still even with video evidence.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 5, 2020 at 7:46 AM ]
BTW, Aaron Donald is insane.

NY85...I have no issues with you pivoting to QB responsibility in pass protection issues with the OL but you also gotta post the QB saving their assess on plays like this and throwing the ball away or scrambling to try and make a play on insta-pressure.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 5, 2020 at 8:11 AM ]

Great stuff there
Share 49ersWebzone