LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's not so much having confidence in this Oline....I mean i think they look ok...not horrible, and might jell as a group.

but the real worry is that the Rams have just continued to add to their already ridiculous dline...add that with the Seahawks and Cards defenses.... well I think we are going to keep as much RBs as we can.

gonna have to run the ball even more so than we planned. What a time to not have a workhorse like Gore. I was ok with him moving on, hoping that we could be more diverse with our running game...but I don't know how durable Carlos Hyde and Mike Davis will be. We know Reggie Bush and Hunter have been nicked up in the past.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Not that I don't like Kilgore, I just don't see him as long time answer to the starting center position.. I really see him as one of those Bruce Collie and type of players..

Why? There's no logical reason to think he can't be a long term starter, other than maybe injury concerns. He was very good last year.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
So I think it's safe to assume Boone will kick out to RT.

What's the interior of the OL going to look like now? Martin, Kilgore, Thomas?

Maybe, I'm sure Pears will be in the conversation as well. Also a possibility of a FA signing or trade with the money now available.
LT: Staley
LG: Thomas
C: Martin
RG: Kilgore
RT: Boone

and don't re-sign or extend Boone, go T in Rd1 next year

yup and im very fine with that. staley is staley.
kilgore is rock solid at center
boone is a better tackle than guard in the first place.. many of us has said this before davis retirment.

martin is a brawler but athletic and looks to be in shape. lets get him in at guard
and thomas hopefully is ready to be who we thought he would be when we drafted him.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

boone is a better tackle than guard in the first place.. many of us has said this before davis retirment.

martin is a brawler but athletic and looks to be in shape. lets get him in at guard
and thomas hopefully is ready to be who we thought he would be when we drafted him.

Has Boone ever started a game at RT in the pros? You're also counting on a LT coming off a relatively mediocre year, two guards who haven't played a single down at the position in the pros and a center who's coming off a season-ending injury. Can't see this turning out well.
Kap is going to need his speed more than ever.
Originally posted by Disp:
Not that I don't like Kilgore, I just don't see him as long time answer to the starting center position.. I really see him as one of those Bruce Collie and type of players..

Why? There's no logical reason to think he can't be a long term starter, other than maybe injury concerns. He was very good last year.

yea you cant have superstars at every position. He is solid!
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Kilgore was the top rated center in the NFL when he went down last year

I rather see this guys as our starting OL..

RT - Boone
RG - Thomas
C - Martin
LG - Looney
LT - Staley

.. i just really don't like Kilgore as a starter..
Regardless of what all the pundits say, I agree with your post. We really only liked Kilgore at center because he knew the calls and Martin was a rookie. We need Martin to mature and take the job in camp because of the size. Looney needs to make a bigger impression this camp because after all these years in the offense, he still gets blown off the ball so I expect them to give someone else a chance to play guard next to Boone (I like Trenton Brown, the right side would be scary).
I'm not as convinced that Kilgore is good as most people are. I hope he proves me wrong.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Has Boone ever started a game at RT in the pros? You're also counting on a LT coming off a relatively mediocre year, two guards who haven't played a single down at the position in the pros and a center who's coming off a season-ending injury. Can't see this turning out well.

he has right tackle and did darn good. he has an entire camp and preseason to get his sea legs in this zone blocking scheme.
staley's mediocre year sent him to the pro bowl... so yea.
martin has played some guard but im not worried about that. im not worried about thomas either. did you see the line play last season with "vets" out there? especially iupati?
and the center was the top rated center in the league.

either you have it or you don't at center. he and kap have it.

you can't see it turning out too well. i see it turning out just fine.
doesn't matter if we had staley iupati goodwin boone and davis they'd all still be learning the zbs system this year. so nothing was a given.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Disp:

yea you cant have superstars at every position. He is solid!

he is actually a superstar center lol.
Looney is not a starter. If Thomas can start that gives us 4 guys with experience. Kap is going to need all the help he can get and Kilgore running the OL is the smart pick at Center.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Trent-Brown-Poised-to-Compete-for-49ers-Vacant-Right-Tackle-Job/d4f45642-8272-47dd-a65d-3478281696e7

Trent is going to have to grow up quickly.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Trent-Brown-Poised-to-Compete-for-49ers-Vacant-Right-Tackle-Job/d4f45642-8272-47dd-a65d-3478281696e7

Trent is going to have to grow up quickly.

He can do it. He's a big boy.
Share 49ersWebzone