There are 209 users in the forums

Kevin Lynch on the 49ers Public Image

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

49ers fan base

FIFY
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Chip Kelly is bringing his college recruiting tactics to the pros.

This. Its going to get old real fast.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Chip Kelly is bringing his college recruiting tactics to the pros.

This. Its going to get old real fast.

I want to know who the hell leaked the GM who contacted Baalke to inquire about Kaepernick. That story QUICKLY turned into "49er shopping Colin Kapernick." WTF? Jed can't say a word in the media...not ONE single word w/o it being twisted in the most negative light and now, Baalke, can't even answer his damn phone. I'm telling you guys...something REALLY fishy is going on (has been going on). I suspect it's tied to KKFC but like you say, these could be tactics by other GM's (like the Browns contacting us about Harbaugh that Jed/Baalke knew nothing about Harbaugh entertaining and categorically denied himself). If TK could sell-out to get a post-Niner interview with Harbaugh, to get a negative story, I wouldn't put anything past our local/national media (minus MB and MM, of course).

Any theories?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 10, 2015 at 9:34 AM ]
Everything is Hunky Dorrey around here, Why is the Media doin us like this?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Apparently Mindi Bach was on tv last night and called the Kaepernick trade rumors bogus. She had a well-placed source tell her that teams that are chasing the same FAs as SF are the ones leaking this info. But because most 49ers fans HATE Trent Baalke, who are they going to believe; him or the media (actually some schmuck talk radio host)?

I don't like it, but this is something they'll have to deal with for the forseeable future.

Pretty much exactly what you'd expect. You don't see much "class" from a lot of people this time of year.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Like Al Davis said, Just win, Baby!! that's the only motto the front office should be concerned.
Originally posted by ptw1:
Like Al Davis said, Just win, Baby!! that's the only motto the front office should be concerned.

what are you talking about, we already have our own damn motto

winning with class!
Only an idiot would hate Baalke.

The Jed hate is also absurd, but it makes more sense than hating a Top 5 GM.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Only an idiot would hate Baalke.

The Jed hate is also absurd, but it makes more sense than hating a Top 5 GM.

I'm a then.

Originally posted by znk916:

Been saying this. Great pic
Originally posted by NCommand:
It doesn't matter if its Eddie D, the Yorks, BW, Harbaugh, Tomsula, etc...the MEDIA drives the image. The off-field issues by the players don't help either with this image by KKFC (locally and nationally...web and TV). But nothing our current players do can come close to Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski. They are LUCKY these didn't play through these times!

And you don't see this in ANY other market. In Seattle, you'll see ANY negative with a positive spin and headline. Here, you'll see ANYTHING (positive or neutral) turned, twisted and spun into the most negative angle/headline. Why does it work in SF? For one, negativity = hits/discussion/interest (just look here in NT!). And for another, I think we have a really depressed fan base (too much rain/lack of light-therapy?) and they LOVE drama.

How does the media drive this image?

Editorializing can do so, Kawakami and Florio, but you're saying that the Matts have created this image? Kawakami's been doing it since he's covered Bay Area sports. Florio may be new to the party, but I hardly think that he's the one coloring everybody's world view.

Let me get straight to the point. All of this news comes from somewhere. If you think it's just folks making s**t up, you're wrong.

It speaks to dysfunction and mismanagement.
[ Edited by Jt8786 on Mar 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM ]
Their image is horrendous, sadly even to our own fans... LAst time I checked, we are 49er fans, not player fans. Anyone that chooses the latter needs to GTFO and go root for the player's new team.
it continues. everyone is talking about patrick willis and how good he is. and then the silver comes out and says oh maybe he isn't there cause Harbaugh isn't here.

what a clear agenda and smear job. the rest of the panel did not even entertain the thought but of course he put it out there.
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It doesn't matter if its Eddie D, the Yorks, BW, Harbaugh, Tomsula, etc...the MEDIA drives the image. The off-field issues by the players don't help either with this image by KKFC (locally and nationally...web and TV). But nothing our current players do can come close to Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski. They are LUCKY these didn't play through these times!

And you don't see this in ANY other market. In Seattle, you'll see ANY negative with a positive spin and headline. Here, you'll see ANYTHING (positive or neutral) turned, twisted and spun into the most negative angle/headline. Why does it work in SF? For one, negativity = hits/discussion/interest (just look here in NT!). And for another, I think we have a really depressed fan base (too much rain/lack of light-therapy?) and they LOVE drama.

How does the media drive this image?

Editorializing can do so, Kawakami and Florio, but you're saying that the Matts have created this image? Kawakami's been doing it since he's covered Bay Area sports. Florio may be new to the party, but I hardly think that he's the one coloring everybody's world view.

Let me get straight to the point. All of this news comes from somewhere. If you think it's just folks making s**t up, you're wrong.

It speaks to dysfunction and mismanagement.

MM and MB are responsible reporters. They also happen to be fans of the team.

As to KKFC, if you buy what they are selling, they own you.
Share 49ersWebzone