There are 197 users in the forums

Defensive Coordinator Search

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It's gonna be Jason Tarver and I'm OK with that

No thanks, s**tty DC on a s**tty Oakland team, pass. Sick of this bs of an ownership.

Lol
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by Disp:
Of all the coaches we're about to lose, I can't believe Fangio is probably one of them. The best defensive coordinator in the league and most important coach on the staff over the last 4 seasons...

Ok let's make one thing clear, very good DC, Yes... Best in the league absolutely not...

If not best, than where would you rank him? Definitely top 5 then IMO.

I could put him top 5, like 4-7... But he's not the best... Our D is stacked, there are alot of people who would have success and our D is the only D he has had that success with in the pros... Stanford's D was legit... But I do agree he could be top 5... I would def put Quinn and Bowles ahead, I still like Horton even tho Titan were abysmal, Mcdermott and Marinelli needs to be mentioned...
Originally posted by Disp:
Of all the coaches we're about to lose, I can't believe Fangio is probably one of them. The best defensive coordinator in the league and most important coach on the staff over the last 4 seasons...

Ok let's make one thing clear, very good DC, Yes... Best in the league absolutely not...

If not best, than where would you rank him? Definitely top 5 then IMO.

I could put him top 5, like 4-7... But he's not the best... Our D is stacked, there are alot of people who would have success and our D is the only D he has had that success with in the pros... Stanford's D was legit... But I do agree he could be top 5... I would def put Quinn and Bowles ahead, I still like Horton even tho Titan were abysmal, Mcdermott and Marinelli needs to be mentioned...

We have great LBs, one great DL and the rest are very servicable. One pass rusher, unless you want to count Lynch, who was an erratic rookie. DBs did a great job that was largely due to scheme and coaching. I say that as FAs came and went with no discernable downturn in play. There are likely better DCs but that's a pretty subjective judgement.

Someone earlier mentioned Fangio's weekly tip sheets being the envy of the league...hard to value something like this.

Probably the best fit under Tomsula. Tarver was an assistant here for 10 years, and Tomsula likes him a lot. Plus he knows our personnel really well, so that's a plus. Defensive rankings weren't great in Oakland, but that's expected when you see their talent level. He should do better here.
One great DL, Ray Mac and Ian Williams are very good, Lynch brought constant pressure the first 3/4 of the season, great safties, and I have always been very high on Culliver... But it's our depth... We have incredible depth... He did a great job this year, but he wasn't coming up with elaborate game plans to mask serious weaknesses. He stuck to his rush 4 and play it safe stragety... IMO
No thanks, s**tty DC on a s**tty Oakland team, pass. Sick of this bs of an ownership.

agree.
Funny Tarver was the Stanford co-DC when Fangio left leading the Cardinals to rank 1st in 6 categories in the PAC-12...
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

agree.

He actually did a good job with what he had to work with...
Funny Tarver was the Stanford co-DC when Fangio left leading the Cardinals to rank 1st in 6 categories in the PAC-12...

Really bright guy and he might be a good fit with Tomsula being the tough coach.
So do yall think Fangio is waiting to see what happens in Seattle (with Dan Quinn) and Arizona?

if Dan Quinn leaves and takes a defensive coach to be his DC else where.... why wouldn't Fangio and his coaches go to Seattle....let alone Arizona.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
So do yall think Fangio is waiting to see what happens in Seattle (with Dan Quinn) and Arizona?

if Dan Quinn leaves and takes a defensive coach to be his DC else where.... why wouldn't Fangio and his coaches go to Seattle....let alone Arizona.

I don't think Seattle is as much of an option as most do. In Seattle he would be running Pete's defense and not his own. I can't see that appealing to him very much.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Probably the best fit under Tomsula. Tarver was an assistant here for 10 years, and Tomsula likes him a lot. Plus he knows our personnel really well, so that's a plus. Defensive rankings weren't great in Oakland, but that's expected when you see their talent level. He should do better here.

11 years.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Word is it maybe Tarver.

It'll be Tarver, unless he joins the staff to coach the LB's.

Im still shaking my head over the entire staff getting blown up as a result of this hire.

This is very disconcerting, FO wants anything to do with Harbaugh gone, regardless of the success they had
Originally posted by Afrikan:

We can't let him remain in the division we have his contract through next year if he wants out you set conditions on that
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Knowing our personnel is a huge plus
Share 49ersWebzone