There are 200 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula FIRED thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
SiriusXM NFL Radio
‏@SiriusXMNFL 1h1 hour ago
Devin Smith: I just got back from a visit with the 49ers and I got a really good vibe from the coaches and staff. It went really well.

Jeez. Guy clearly didn't get the message that Tomsula and staff are a buncha losers.
what is he supposed to say? that the are a bunch of nincompoops? a certain segment of the webzone "logic"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Isn't that where he is playing ?

I think he's just trying to make the team

Reggie Bush said he's a lock for the roster.
what he is supposed to say?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
What is he supposed to do?! Be a robot in the interviews like Kaep?

ck has lightened up a bit in interviews,, i think he feeds off whoever is his head coach in that area?
Originally posted by cciowa:

ck has lightened up a bit in interviews,, i think he feeds off whoever is his head coach in that area?

Agree! CK mirrors the coaches around him and now sees it didn't work so well for JH...why not channel Tomsula? Why not?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Agree! CK mirrors the coaches around him and now sees it didn't work so well for JH...why not channel Tomsula? Why not?
agree. that webzone cat over there dtg makes good sense . not sure if i have ever heard a coach use the word "cat' to describe a player! but then what is he supposed to call the player? a dog?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

agree. that webzone cat over there dtg makes good sense . not sure if i have ever heard a coach use the word "cat' to describe a player! but then what is he supposed to call the player? a dog?

LOL!

"What's up, dog, who's that cat over there with backwards cap on?"

What's he supposed to say ?
  • bors
  • Veteran
Bludgen mutha f**ka now gimme da mike.the name is tomsula i breaks b***hes All night. Nfc west best keep yo butthole tight. Then drops tbe mike. That is what he should saycan't wait for the draft so we can get some more Jimmy T interviews personally I like the guy he is growing on me more and more
What's he supposed to say ?

This!

Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL!

"What's up, dog, who's that cat over there with backwards cap on?"

The one thing I've heard about Tomsula I really love and I think bodes well for him is by all accounts he is very detail oriented. That is the first thing a quality HC must have. It helps with game planning and teaching. Although Jim was only a position coach he has experience in Xs and Os as well as input in the defensive game planning. Those are two things Harbaugh never had before he became a HC in college. Obviously you don't need that experience to be successful as Harbaugh proved but I think he was an exception. Now, where I do think it may cause a problem is making adjustments in game. Without that experience I think you have to defer more than you would like towards your coordinators.

The good things I have heard about Tomsula in order of importance : Detail oriented, great teacher (gets more out of less) previous head coaching experience, good leader. If he can delegate be consistent with his message and have his players buy in I think he has a good chance to lead a winner. I'm not worried about the defense I think Mangini (who Harbaugh brought in and was a defensive coordinator under Belichek) will keep the same scheme and add some creative pressure packages to what they have and that will hopefully keep the defense in the upper teir of the league. He may even make it better if Tank takes that big step forward, Bowman comes back healthy, Lynch doesn't get complacent or lazy, the secondary can get settled with the addition of a new corner and the expected development of Jimmie Ward and/or another slot corner and finally, if they can find a replacement for Willis. I know that is a lot of ifs but they are all very doable and expected in some cases. You combime that with the time Mangini spent as a HC for the Jets and Browns then moving to the 49ers for last two years. His first year with us was as an offensive consultant breaking down how the opponent's defense was attacking our offense then last year as our TEs coach and I believe that offers a perspective he didn't have when he was a defensive coordinator in NE. I know a lot of people wanted Fangio back and don't get me wrong Fangio is great but I really like the Mangini hire. I personally think it took the 49ers so long to hire Chryst and Mangini not because they are not qualified or wouldn't be successful but because these are two Harbaugh guys.

I am concerned about the offense however and whether Baalke and Tomsula himself have surrounded Jim with a good offensive coaching staff. I really love our new QBs coach in Logan and our new/old OL coach has been successful wherever he's been. I don't know about our WRs coaches or Sparano coaching the TEs but both skill positions better see an increase in on field production if our offense is to return to respectability and create problems for opposing defenses. It starts with the development of our younger TEs and WRs. We all know Vance McDonald hasn't exactly lit it up. However, there is a lot of talent in this group with Davis, McDonald and Carrier. Even Asante Cleveland showed some ability during last preseason. Obviously it was a down year for the entire group, the question is can Sparano help get them to reach their full potential? Harbaugh's staffs biggest failure was not able to develop the offensive skill positions, Roman even alluded to that fact McDonald's first year suggesting he was the reason for Vance's lack of production by not involving him enough in the game plans.

As for our WRs coaches Adam Henry and Ronald Curry I really like Henry as he was very successful at LSU so maybe he can further the development of Patton and Bruce Ellington. Although Curry has been on the staff the last two years and they have gotten good production from Boldin he was already developed and a finished product by the time we got him. The 49ers though seem to think a lot of Curry, they blocked him from leaving this offseason. The big question much like with Sparano is can these two get more from our young WRs and possibly a new draft pick or two than Harbaugh's staffs? This is vital because we will probably be taking a WR early and we will need the production sooner not later. All in all I think we improved here over the combination of Morton and Curry. IMO Tomsula has an experienced and successful staff so if he can contribute to the defensive side of the ball and not get in the way on the offensive side of the ball coaching shouldn't be an issue. Still it remains to be seen if Tomsula can get the team to buy in and follow him while he delegates properly and delivers a consistent message. If he can 2015 may be a lot more successful than the so called experts are predicting. Hey Lowell Cohn, suck it!!!!
[ Edited by IHATELOWELLCOHN on Apr 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM ]

^^^True!^^^

Isn't that where he is playing ?

I think he's just trying to make the team

Reggie Bush said he's a lock for the roster.

Is Reggie even a lock for the roster? Maybe we'll know that after the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Kaepernick changed his tone in interviews last year after his father, Baalke, and a public relations guy talked to him.

So Kaepernick changed his tone before the departure of the old head coach.

Ironically, immediately prior to Kaepernick changing his tone in interviews, the head coach continued to defend him. That coach actually abruptly ended an radio interview when critical questions about Kaepernick interactions with the media continued to be asked.

Originally posted by buck:

Kaepernick changed his tone in interviews last year after his father, Baalke, and a public relations guy talked to him.

So Kaepernick changed his tone before the departure of the old head coach.

Ironically, immediately prior to Kaepernick changing his tone in interviews, the head coach continued to defend him. That coach actually abruptly ended an radio interview when critical questions about Kaepernick interactions with the media continued to be asked.

You know I will never understand that "tough guy" front Kaep previously displayed during interviews. It shows how fickle his character can be for him to act like a bad boy one day and then a poster boy the next, what happened to being real to yourself?!?!? Cmon man.

At least Marshawn Lynch keeps it real.
Share 49ersWebzone