LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 332 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula FIRED thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cautiously optimistic this guy can bring out the best in players...
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Cautiously optimistic this guy can bring out the best in players...

I think QB was the only position group he wasn't coaching up. LOL. Come on Geep/Logan!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Actions, not words, dtg. I'm betting JT is twice the coach that harbaw was, and he has a raft of talent at the asst coaching level. Personally, i don't care if JT says nothing at a presser, and just smiles. It is what he does on the field that matters. I just don't think we are going to see an O that all 31 teams in the league know what is coming each and every play. I expect a much , much better O...and if Kap plays lites out we get another shot. God forbid if the kid gets hurt....cause we got nada at #2. Also, I don't see the QB coaching and playcalling to be as abysmal as it was last 4 yrs. That said, kap can lead us to the SB, or we don't go. If not after all the time he was here with all the talent and zero coaching, i think it is his final season here. JT is going to surprise some, maybe most. But he is going to make harbaw fans forget Mr khaki pants and black sweatshirt.

Will only surprise me if he folds...other than that I can see any scenario happening...success, failure or inbetween.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Actions, not words, dtg. I'm betting JT is twice the coach that harbaw was, and he has a raft of talent at the asst coaching level. Personally, i don't care if JT says nothing at a presser, and just smiles. It is what he does on the field that matters. I just don't think we are going to see an O that all 31 teams in the league know what is coming each and every play. I expect a much , much better O...and if Kap plays lites out we get another shot. God forbid if the kid gets hurt....cause we got nada at #2. Also, I don't see the QB coaching and playcalling to be as abysmal as it was last 4 yrs. That said, kap can lead us to the SB, or we don't go. If not after all the time he was here with all the talent and zero coaching, i think it is his final season here. JT is going to surprise some, maybe most. But he is going to make harbaw fans forget Mr khaki pants and black sweatshirt.

lol better win super bowl next season that mean.
Yeah, sus, we better. But with much better talent we went downhill (Ok, lots of injuries) , but mainly,O coaching, esp OCing, playcalling, game planning...all killed us
Yes we have less talent this yr, esp on D, which carried our water the last 4 yrs. But maybe less talent makes the guys here play harder or concentrate more. Who knows. Whatever it was besides coaching was systemic. Way too many dropped balls. Way too few passes to RBs as bailouts. Way too poor game plans. NEVER making changes at half time, or dam near never... Maybe the absence of all those things...makes this team better this yr, when one would think the opposite on paper. Who knows, maybe kap lites it up. I don't know where it is coming from, but my guess is way better coaching, wth less talent. It will be fascinating to watch...for me anyway.
Yeah, sus, we better. But with much better talent we went downhill (Ok, lots of injuries) , but mainly,O coaching, esp OCing, playcalling, game planning...all killed us
Yes we have less talent this yr, esp on D, which carried our water the last 4 yrs. But maybe less talent makes the guys here play harder or concentrate more. Who knows. Whatever it was besides coaching was systemic. Way too many dropped balls. Way too few passes to RBs as bailouts. Way too poor game plans. NEVER making changes at half time, or dam near never... Maybe the absence of all those things...makes this team better this yr, when one would think the opposite on paper. Who knows, maybe kap lites it up. I don't know where it is coming from, but my guess is way better coaching, wth less talent. It will be fascinating to watch...for me anyway.

I think what you saw was a coaching staff that expected to outsmart their opponents weekly. When you carry that arrogance and dont properly manage the game within the game, the results get worse and you end up looking for employment elsewhere. This team won a lot of games that it had no business winning last season and lost a lot of games they had no business losing. Not a good combination of events and the outlook wasnt much better with a guy turning down two extensions.

If its better to get rid of a player a year early than a year late...then this is getting rid of a coach right on time.

We will be fine.
Big thumps up to coach Tomsula bringing in Charles Hailey this weekend. Haley's presence was part of an initiative by Tomsula to introduce the young players on hand this week about the team's past. This is something I really like Harbaugh and company really never embraced the teams history.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Big thumps up to coach Tomsula bringing in Charles Hailey this weekend. Haley's presence was part of an initiative by Tomsula to introduce the young players on hand this week about the team's past. This is something I really like Harbaugh and company really never embraced the teams history.

Great great point. Give these kids a sense of tradition and a good starting foundation.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
so far so good for the STASH!!!

every move has been taken well.. whether it's for the fans or for the upper management...

I wonder if he's gonna be a shorter version of the tempermental Ditka when the real game counts.. ???

would he put up w/the BS players may try to throw at him??

or would he be another Nolan and his suites who tried to be a players coach to save his job..???
I don't know how well Tomsula will do, but to be quite honest the coach he reminds me the most of is John Madden. Not just the position coach to head coach move, but just the personality similarities. Neither are eloquent speakers, Madden is well known for being a rambler, but like Madden, Tomsula seems to have a gift in communicating football instruction to players. He seems to have the football IQ in terms of recognizing what adjustments to make on the field.

We'll see, but I think he does better than people expect, and quite frankly, I only expect him to get better in the years to come.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't know how well Tomsula will do, but to be quite honest the coach he reminds me the most of is John Madden. Not just the position coach to head coach move, but just the personality similarities. Neither are eloquent speakers, Madden is well known for being a rambler, but like Madden, Tomsula seems to have a gift in communicating football instruction to players. He seems to have the football IQ in terms of recognizing what adjustments to make on the field.

We'll see, but I think he does better than people expect, and quite frankly, I only expect him to get better in the years to come.

Thinking the same thing. Love how he talks about pulling for guys who are working very hard (like Moody). You can see why these guys live him and why you can see them busting their asses off FOR him.
  • Veteran
Lets hope he is the next Bill Walsh, but for now he is coach Joan in finance.

Yes - BIG TIME!

They should also get JR involved w/the receivers.

Yes - BIG TIME!

They should also get JR involved w/the receivers.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Excellent comment comparing him w/Madden.
HOW NEW HC JIM TOMSULA IS GOING ABOUT ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/05/18/tomsula-shows-some-logic-and-creativity-during-49ers-rookie-minicamp/
Share 49ersWebzone