There are 119 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula FIRED thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
I like the, "What's he supposed to say?" thing we got going on here. Gonna use that throughout the year.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
SiriusXM NFL Radio
‏@SiriusXMNFL 1h1 hour ago
Devin Smith: I just got back from a visit with the 49ers and I got a really good vibe from the coaches and staff. It went really well.

Jeez. Guy clearly didn't get the message that Tomsula and staff are a buncha losers.

Lol a college player trying to be a first round pick.

Seriously, like what is he supposed to say?

"These people suck, next!" ?!?!

Five more months of this negativity?
Originally posted by thl408:
I like the, "What's he supposed to say?" thing we got going on here. Gonna use that throughout the year.

Exactly.

Any comment that you want to discredit from anyone who ever has something positive to say and go against their 49ers world view...

"What's he supposed to say!?!".

There are even times when it's apt, but now its just a lazy crutch argument.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Exactly.

Any comment that you want to discredit from anyone who ever has something positive to say and go against their 49ers world view...

Tomsula could be a great coach but you do gotta admit that Devin Smith is trying to market himself, right ?

Are you aware of the fact that this is your standard response to ANYTHING anyone says that is positive about the Niners?
  • thl408

Exactly.

Agreed. There is some truth to it, but it's just a very convenient method to discredit a positive comment that goes against a person's view.

Someone enjoys playing for Tomsula? - "What's he supposed to say?"
Someone is looking forward to getting back into camp? - "What's he supposed to say?"
Someone sees improvement from Kap? - "What's he supposed to say?"
Someone is happy to be playing/coaching for the 49ers? - "What's he supposed to say?"
Originally posted by crake49:

Are you aware of the fact that this is your standard response to ANYTHING anyone says that is positive about the Niners?

I can't help it, I just feel like it's the proper response nowadays for anything that comes out of social media. Anything less than a "positive" tweet pretty much equates to social suicide!

Exactly.

Agreed. There is some truth to it, but it's just a very convenient method to discredit a positive comment that goes against a person's view.

Someone is looking forward to getting back into camp? - "What's he supposed to say?"
Someone is happy to be playing/coaching for the 49ers? - "What's he supposed to say?"

I have to ask, do you ever wonder why you only hear "positive" things (from players and coaches) when it comes to he say she say?! No one says anything negative, like ever, and if they have they're probably no longer in the sport.
[ Edited by verb1der on Apr 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM ]

Exactly.

Tomsula could be a great coach but you do gotta admit that Devin Smith is trying to market himself, right ?

Sure...but that ain't the case every time someone says something.

My initial post was more of a joke than anything else since so many hear think it common knowledge that York/Tomsula/Baalke suck and nobody want to come here.

Even when players site Tomsula in particular as Dockett and Hayne did, its swept under the rug.

Exactly.

I have to ask, do you ever wonder why you only hear "positive" things (from players and coaches) when it comes to he say she say?! No one says anything negative, like ever, and if they have they're probably no longer in the sport.

...and I've also noticed the absence of negative comments leaves fans and media to fill in the void.

As with most human endeavor, you prepare for the worst but hope for the best. At this point of the year there isn't much point in continuous negativity. Thinking foward, there is the draft and various mini-camps and then training camp...all fun to watch and read about. I usually enjoy your somewhat jaded take on things but you are becoming as predictable as Lowel Cohn. I don't say that lightly, it appears you are writing just to elicit argument in response...about things we can't know until the season starts. Nothing new about Harbaugh leaving, mutual agreement or not. Nothing new about Baalke's methods or Jeds press savvy, or Tomsula's mustache.

But you haunt every thread with negative comments. It's fine...I can read it and take it with a grain of salt, but you have written some good objective comments over the years I've been reading here and hope you get back to a more even keel!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 15, 2015 at 3:29 PM ]
SiriusXM NFL Radio
‏@SiriusXMNFL 1h1 hour ago
Devin Smith: I just got back from a visit with the 49ers and I got a really good vibe from the coaches and staff. It went really well.

Jeez. Guy clearly didn't get the message that Tomsula and staff are a buncha losers.

I'd love to see them get Devin Smith in the second round. The guy was one of the most exciting receivers in college football last year - an unbelievable long ball threat. He plays angry and goes for the ball like there's no tomorrow.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sure...but that ain't the case every time someone says something.

My initial post was more of a joke than anything else since so many hear think it common knowledge that York/Tomsula/Baalke suck and nobody want to come here.

Even when players site Tomsula in particular as Dockett and Hayne did, its swept under the rug.

Honestly good for them if Tomsula was the clenching factor but a dude coming off major knee injury and a player that's never played American football aren't exactly in demand free agents. Js
Honestly good for them if Tomsula was the clenching factor but a dude coming off major knee injury and a player that's never played American football aren't exactly in demand free agents. Js

Haynes was being pursued by many teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Haynes was being pursued by many teams.

I'm sure he was but I also think our rb depth played a part in his decision.
Share 49ersWebzone