There are 189 users in the forums

49ers first down chant

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about before or maybe it's just me.

But I really don't like the AHHH OOOO AHHHH OOOOO AHHHH OOOOO.

How is that the 49er way?

Were not the 300 Spartans here, I just feel like it's a sell out type of deal. it just doesn't make sense to me.

Now the Fog Horn I can agree with, that's actually cool.

When I go to the game, I don't even yell it, it's stupid. It's not us.

It's like they had to find something for us once we became "Main Stream" top team in the NFL, But it doesn't work IMO.

the combination of the new stadium, the first down chant, the firing of Harbaugh, All things that I'm not proud of for this team.

I feel like we've become the new Dallas Stadium, just there for tourists and business ppl. If I could go back to the Stick I would.

Jed needs to fire who ever there marketing person is, this 300 Spartan rant has to go!
I used to think it was stupid, but at least it's SOMETHING that gets the fans involved. It was pretty fun doing it at century link with a row of 49er fans behind me
Well they need to think of a new chant, cause this one just doesn't do it for me. and the fans that go to the games need to be more involved, but it shouldn't be because of a chant, especially this one.

Be loud on defense which they're not, and quite on offense, which at this point who can tell the difference.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about before or maybe it's just me.

But I really don't like the AHHH OOOO AHHHH OOOOO AHHHH OOOOO.

How is that the 49er way?

Were not the 300 Spartans here, I just feel like it's a sell out type of deal. it just doesn't make sense to me.

Now the Fog Horn I can agree with, that's actually cool.

When I go to the game, I don't even yell it, it's stupid. It's not us.

It's like they had to find something for us once we became "Main Stream" top team in the NFL, But it doesn't work IMO.

the combination of the new stadium, the first down chant, the firing of Harbaugh, All things that I'm not proud of for this team.

I feel like we've become the new Dallas Stadium, just there for tourists and business ppl. If I could go back to the Stick I would.

Jed needs to fire who ever there marketing person is, this 300 Spartan rant has to go!
Totally agree, 300 chant is just plain stupid and bandwagony
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jan 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
Totally agree, 300 chant is just plain stupid and bandwagony

EXACTLY! definitely bandwagon thing that we started.
Should have let that die with the Stick.
I wonder if the folks in the club bars can hear it?
What do you propse we change it to? The only thing I can think of is can change it to is something involving the gold rush. And the cheer leaders already have that name.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Jan 2, 2015 at 8:35 AM ]
It's a joke. Fans should just do what's spontaneous and natural. We don't need any artificial help. Come on now, it's light weight!
Originally posted by trooper49:
It's a joke. Fans should just do what's spontaneous and natural. We don't need any artificial help. Come on now, it's light weight!

The 300 chant is annoying and cringeworthy.

What happened to that drum beat..........two beats "DEE-FEENSE"......two beats...."DEEFENSE".......repeat?

That was some late '80s early '90s classic. If I ever hear that sound I'm instantly transported to the Montana era with Summerall and Madden calling the game.

Does that sound dated to you? I don't think it is.

To the OP: good thread.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 2, 2015 at 9:21 AM ]
Originally posted by trooper49:

true but we are californians!! lol. sissyfied
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

What happened to that drum beat..........two beats "DEE-FEENSE"......two beats...."DEEFENSE".......repeat?

That was some late '80s early '90s classic. If I ever hear that sound I'm instantly transported to the Montana era with Summerall and Madden calling the game.

I almost feel embarrassed by it, fans need to not do it so it gets pushed out.

I want to know who thought of it. I'm sure if we sat down and thought about it for a few hours, we could think of something better.
I agree

it should be "GO TEAM, YAY!"
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I almost feel embarrassed by it, fans need to not do it so it gets pushed out.

I want to know who thought of it. I'm sure if we sat down and thought about it for a few hours, we could think of something better.

want to say it started back in 2011 ? Never remember hearing it in the Singletary/Nolan days. Did not get a whole lot of 1st downs in their tenure here
Share 49ersWebzone