There are 205 users in the forums

How long will our playoff drought last?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

How long will our playoff drought last?

Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Playoffs next season if people get healthy.

This. Healthy team = no noticeable drop off with a decent coaching staff.

We might even be better next year with a competent offense
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
You guys are positive wow. Usually Im positive but thinking realistically, Im dreading the future. We have no vertical threat at receiver. We have no tight end to catch the ball consistently. Our best player isn't even on the team tomorrow. Our best defensive player might retire. We have no speed at receiver. We have no chemistry next year on the oline with Kilgore, M. Martin, B. Thomas in the mix with iupati most likely gone; Martin better be gone. Boone took a huge step back. Our Dline may be the youngest in the league next year; Not good.

We need a power back to punish the D. We should get a young kicker with experience (How the f**k can that happen, trade?). We need a OC who can maximize the freakish skills of Kaepernick. We need a quality qb from the draft who has major talents to push Kaep.

Oh, and we need a head coach who can bring a toughness to compete in the NFC West. Oh my God, I am really hoping our injured all pros and core guys can pick us back up

' We have no speed at receiver' blah blah blah is all I've been hearing around here.

Ever heard of Stevie Johnson or Quinton Patton? Oh wait, I'm sure you didn't since these guys did not see the field at all this year.

Johnson had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in BUFFALO of all places, and we keep him on the bench all year
49 years
A draught, to be a draught needs to be more than 1 season so this is not a draught. But, how many seasons before we're back? 2015....
Originally posted by niner4life21:
' We have no speed at receiver' blah blah blah is all I've been hearing around here.

Ever heard of Stevie Johnson or Quinton Patton? Oh wait, I'm sure you didn't since these guys did not see the field at all this year.

Johnson had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in BUFFALO of all places, and we keep him on the bench all year

Actually, Johnson's been hurt since the Denver game.

Johnson is a good WR, but he's not a deep threat, he's just damn good a running routes.

What we lack is a WR that can go over the top and draw the safeties back. Someone who demands the defense's respect and can open up the underneath routes. Crabtree can't do it, it's not Boldin's game, Johnson can't do it and nobody fears Lloyd.

As for Patton, who knows what we've got in him, Harbaugh benched him until we literally had no one else to play at the position.
[ Edited by linkboy on Dec 29, 2014 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
' We have no speed at receiver' blah blah blah is all I've been hearing around here.

Ever heard of Stevie Johnson or Quinton Patton? Oh wait, I'm sure you didn't since these guys did not see the field at all this year.

Johnson had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in BUFFALO of all places, and we keep him on the bench all year

Actually, Johnson's been hurt since the Denver game.

Johnson is a good WR, but he's not a deep threat, he's just damn good a running routes.

What we lack is a WR that can go over the top and draw the safeties back. Someone who demands the defense's respect and can open up the underneath routes. Crabtree can't do it, it's not Boldin's game, Johnson can't do it and nobody fears Lloyd.

As for Patton, who knows what we've got in him, Harbaugh benched him until we literally had no one else to play at the position.

This
IT really depends on the coaches. If they manage to keep Fangio and get someone that can really help Kap, I don't see how we miss the playoffs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Playoffs next season if people get healthy.

And when this does happen, I wonder if people will continue to act is if Harbaugh is the only responsible party for the team's success - even after he's gone. People act as if there's no way any other coach can do well with such a stacked roster.
If Kaepernick becomes the QB we expect him to be. If he turns it around and plays up to his physical capabilities, we will win a lot of games and it will be difficult to keep us out of the playoffs(even next year). If he doesn't progress and continues to play like he did this year, we won't make it.
  • CMIO
  • Member
  • Posts: 1,483
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
You guys are positive wow. Usually Im positive but thinking realistically, Im dreading the future. We have no vertical threat at receiver. We have no tight end to catch the ball consistently. Our best player isn't even on the team tomorrow. Our best defensive player might retire. We have no speed at receiver. We have no chemistry next year on the oline with Kilgore, M. Martin, B. Thomas in the mix with iupati most likely gone; Martin better be gone. Boone took a huge step back. Our Dline may be the youngest in the league next year; Not good.

We need a power back to punish the D. We should get a young kicker with experience (How the f**k can that happen, trade?). We need a OC who can maximize the freakish skills of Kaepernick. We need a quality qb from the draft who has major talents to push Kaep.

Oh, and we need a head coach who can bring a toughness to compete in the NFC West. Oh my God, I am really hoping our injured all pros and core guys can pick us back up

' We have no speed at receiver' blah blah blah is all I've been hearing around here.

Ever heard of Stevie Johnson or Quinton Patton? Oh wait, I'm sure you didn't since these guys did not see the field at all this year.

Johnson had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in BUFFALO of all places, and we keep him on the bench all year

It's ok. With Crabs likely gone, SJ will be upgraded to starter opposite Boldin. Hopefully, we retain Lloyd and start using guys like Patton as our 3rd / 4th receivers.

Playoffs next season. I expect the defense to remain Top 10 (if not Top 5) and the offense to improve to at the very least the Top 15-20 range. That should get ~10 wins next season and a strong chance at playoffs.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,615
Originally posted by trooper49:
If Kaepernick becomes the QB we expect him to be. If he turns it around and plays up to his physical capabilities, we will win a lot of games and it will be difficult to keep us out of the playoffs(even next year). If he doesn't progress and continues to play like he did this year, we won't make it.

Agree
10 years REBUILT. The York Master Plan.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
10 years REBUILT. The York Master Plan.

stay the course
Originally posted by captveg:
Playoffs next season. I expect the defense to remain Top 10 (if not Top 5) and the offense to improve to at the very least the Top 15-20 range. That should get ~10 wins next season and a strong chance at playoffs.

Um, if we're not a top 5 defense at least we have no shot in hell at the playoffs next season.
Share 49erswebzone