There are 168 users in the forums

How long will our playoff drought last?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

How long will our playoff drought last?

5-10 years
SUPER BOWL NEXT SEASON. NEW COACH, NEW APPROACH. HEALTH AND HUNGER.= SUPER BOWL L CHAMPS.
Weakass Niner fans
the next 3 SuperBowls and 1 National Champ appearance
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We'll get to the playoffs next year (BOOK IT)!!

That's a lot sooner than this chic will get the chance to see her kids w/out supervision

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-naked-stuck-in-fireplace-chimney-photos-162707091.html
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
SUPER BOWL NEXT SEASON. NEW COACH, NEW APPROACH. HEALTH AND HUNGER.= SUPER BOWL L CHAMPS.

Healthy defense alone puts this team in the playoffs.
I think it all depends on the growth of Kap. If he can lift his game it diminishes weaknesses. If not, and he is not the answer, finding a franchise QB will put us into the black hole for years.
Didn't know we were in a drought
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Jed is a genius , we will be fine

Originally posted by dj43:
It all spins around how the new HC/OC can do with the quarterback situation. If they can turn CK into an effective, consistent passer, the team will be back in the playoffs next season. If not....

Injuries played less of a role this year than some are claiming. We didn't miss the playoffs because the defense did not perform. We all know that. So what is the critical fix? We all know the answer to that one as well.

This is a sound post!
Originally posted by trooper49:
It all spins around how the new HC/OC can do with the quarterback situation. If they can turn CK into an effective, consistent passer, the team will be back in the playoffs next season. If not....

Injuries played less of a role this year than some are claiming. We didn't miss the playoffs because the defense did not perform. We all know that. So what is the critical fix? We all know the answer to that one as well.

This is a sound post!

Now I understand the 49ers defense ranked #5 overall this year, BUTTTT I feel the defense didn't make enough game changing plays like the way they do with Bowman in there. Bowman himself would alter offensive game plans. 49ers also gave up 21.25 points per game!!!!! There is room for improvement on that side of the ball too.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
gonna have a large hole in oline when iupati bails, justin is leaving a sinking ship with retirement, we have a great athlete trying to play QB, have a question mark at RB (whether or not gore comes back)

and we play in an absolutely brutal division that next year could have 4 winning teams.

we arent going to the playoffs

I wouldn't necessarily say if iupati walks we lose a huge hole. Iupati is a solid run blocking o-lineman. Tough, physical, but when it's the pass game well he is only average. He will get overpaid easily & I would not over pay for him. Brandon Thomas was drafted high for a reason & if he doesn't get hurt in the pre drat workouts he's a first rd draft pick. Could be on to something there.

don't kick the tires quite yet on smith either. s**t bad yr..emotions run heavy..i think after the core guys on D talk with him & if Fangio or Jimmy T returns he will come back for one more yr. I think Fangio & Tommy are the deal breaker there.

we will be back in the playoffs...why: a healthy Bowman, Willis, Brock, Dorsey, Williams, Aldon.....um throw in Borland & Lynch..A second yr with Bethea..the D will be sick.
Offense: simple...lmfao and the next coach will do it...run the mother fkn ball....
My answer to that is; Harbaugh wasn't the QB genius many thought him to be. He was a very good cheerleader and motivator, however, when it came to really teaching the fine points of playing the position, he couldn't. We also know that Chryst, never having played the position, was not a great QB position coach either.

The more I see of the Ravens and how this year Gary Kubiak has turned Flacco into a very good drop back passer, cut down on sacks and hits, and improved the overall efficiency of their offense, the more I am hopping on the Kubiak bandwagon for HC. I believe, more than Mike Shanahan, Kubiak is the kind of "teacher" this offense, and this quarterback needs.

Likewise. I'm becoming more of a Kubiak believer.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

In SF no less
Share 49erswebzone