There are 185 users in the forums

Why doesn't Bryant Young ever get mentioned?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, this is incredibly random. But I have wondered for several years now. And I just barely joined this forum about a week ago, so now I can post a topic. Does anybody have any insight as to why nobody ever even mentions Bryant Young? It's as if he doesn't exist or never even played for the Niners. Last I heard, he was a coach at Notre Dame. After reading the thread about retiring Frank Gore's number, it reminded me about #97. I've been wondering if they will ever retire it. Since he retired nobody that I am aware of has ever worn #97, hinting that maybe the Niners have made that # unavailable. Yet nobody ever even brings up his name to compare him to anyone. He was one of the better D-lineman we have had, and he spent his entire career in SF which is rare these days. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows anything about this, or am I just imagining stuff?
Talk about a leader, his last game the players carried him off the field on their shoulders, never, ever witnessed that.

[ Edited by Bluesbro on Dec 6, 2014 at 7:27 PM ]
why doesn't antonio bryant ever get mentioned? his bare ass cheeks
One of my all time favorite Niners.
bryant young > warren sapp
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Ok, this is incredibly random. But I have wondered for several years now. And I just barely joined this forum about a week ago, so now I can post a topic. Does anybody have any insight as to why nobody ever even mentions Bryant Young? It's as if he doesn't exist or never even played for the Niners. Last I heard, he was a coach at Notre Dame. After reading the thread about retiring Frank Gore's number, it reminded me about #97. I've been wondering if they will ever retire it. Since he retired nobody that I am aware of has ever worn #97, hinting that maybe the Niners have made that # unavailable. Yet nobody ever even brings up his name to compare him to anyone. He was one of the better D-lineman we have had, and he spent his entire career in SF which is rare these days. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows anything about this, or am I just imagining stuff?

Why no one mentions BY...hmm
Was the OP aimed more at a national level compared to his contemporaries (e.g. Sapp)? Because in Ninerland he is talked about when the time is right for it.....don't hear much about John Taylor or Merton Hanks on the daily here.

Here's an interesting question:

How the hell did the 49ers have top 10 overall picks in the 1994 and 1995 drafts?? I just noticed BY was drafted 7th overall in '94 and I believe JJ stokes was #10 overall the next draft.

I get that these were obviously trades, but how did that work out exactly?

I just thought of the Charles Haley trade but Dallas was already a SB winner by then.
BY absolute stud.
I was mostly just referring to in general. I watch every Niners game and I watch NFL network and even more, I go on the Niners website, and of course webzone. And I just haven't ever really heard a thing about him since he retired. I've just always wondered why that is, since he was one of the best Niners. Good point about Merton Hanks and John Taylor, I never hear about them either. Isnt Hanks the president of the NFLPA or something like that?

Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I was mostly just referring to in general. I watch every Niners game and I watch NFL network and even more, I go on the Niners website, and of course webzone. And I just haven't ever really heard a thing about him since he retired. I've just always wondered why that is, since he was one of the best Niners. Good point about Merton Hanks and John Taylor, I never hear about them either. Isnt Hanks the president of the NFLPA or something like that?

yeah, that chicken neck mthfkr fines are players the most
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Was the OP aimed more at a national level compared to his contemporaries (e.g. Sapp)? Because in Ninerland he is talked about when the time is right for it.....don't hear much about John Taylor or Merton Hanks on the daily here.

Here's an interesting question:

How the hell did the 49ers have top 10 overall picks in the 1994 and 1995 drafts?? I just noticed BY was drafted 7th overall in '94 and I believe JJ stokes was #10 overall the next draft.

I get that these were obviously trades, but how did that work out exactly?

I just thought of the Charles Haley trade but Dallas was already a SB winner by then.

in 95 they traded up with cleveland i believe to take stokes, it cost them their 96 first rounder which baltimore (after moving from cleveland) took ray lewis
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

^Those = Best uniforms ever IMO
my personal all time favorite Niner. Class act. Great leader. fkn stud of a player. always was double teamed, but wrecked havoc
Originally posted by crabman82:
bryant young > warren sapp

Young wasn't nearly the pass rusher Sapp was.
Share 49ersWebzone