LISTEN: The 49ers Biggest Target In Free Agency →

There are 114 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I Disagree. We don't need the speedy back we need a WR that can take the top off of the defense. Jackson is fast with a big body, something we don't have.

49ers have more WR's than they can get the ball to right now. Also, explain how you afford Jackson's contract, 49ers would need about $6 million in cap space to afford him. He's a nonstarter as far as I'm concerned.

I know we can't afford and wouldn't pay a guy like Jackson. I'm saying we need that more than Spiller, who by the way just broke his collar bone so he's out. If Jackson would restructure his contract, to around 8 million /yr I'd rather have him and Stevie than Crabtree and Stevie.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no. our team is progressing well and soon other guys will be back. i am sure if we lose tonight there will be all sorts of hand wringing and wrist slashing but no. there is no reason to bring anyone new into the fold.

Agree! If there is an injury then maybe but right now the team is jelling and a lot of guys will be returning today or soon...Bowman, Willis, Dorsey, A Davis, VD, Brock...

There are quite a few teams that would love to trade for either Spiller or Jackson even if they have to wait until next year to use the former. Those teams can and will offer more than Baalke is likely to offer.
Stay put, once all our horses are in the stable it's off to the races.
I think Vincent is a pipe dream. But, he wojkd be a nice addition. It seems like Kaep is willing to make risky throws where he gives the WR a chane to make a play. A player like Vjax would be a nice option for that kind of scenario.
Truth is, when our roster is fully healthy, its really hard to "upgrade." We are still oozing with talent.
if we do it better be for some decent o lineman or d line depth but i think we'll be ok with all the injured/suspended players coming back soon
Staying "pat" sounds pretty smart.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Billy Beane says get Cespedes back

Lol this. As an A's fan, Id say it might be wise to stick with the guys you have, hard to integrate someone on to a team in midseason anyways.
Yes
Should trade what seems to be a big mistake in tank carraridine

No, we should stand pat. We don't have any money to sign anyone worth while. Plus, draft picks are move valuable than ever due to the fact is a great source for talent on the cheap.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

tRADE tANK bASED ON WHAT?
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

tRADE tANK bASED ON WHAT?

could fetch a mid round pick 4-6th

we seem to have no problem playing those dudes
For a big body speedy wr
Niners are down to 3 healthy CB. Manning torched Brock all game. Nope, they dont need any help in their secondary.
[ Edited by Butter on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone