LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 109 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No trades needed IMO, but with Ward, Culliver and Cook out, I think they should dip into free agency.....and no not Champ Bailey, dude is just too damn slow. Who's available right now?
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
sign Champ Bailey and the best available center........ no trades needed....

Originally posted by Kolohe:
No trades needed IMO, but with Ward, Culliver and Cook out, I think they should dip into free agency.....and no not Champ Bailey, dude is just too damn slow. Who's available right now?

All of them should be back after the bye, so no need to bring anyone else in.

Cook wont hurt us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

All of them should be back after the bye, so no need to bring anyone else in.

Oh all good then, believe it or not I'm gonna be glad to see Jimmie Ward back.
did you see our CB's?....

Did you see Champ Bailey last year?

Garbage doesn't get better by adding hot garbage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

Cook wont hurt us.

I disagree he's still much needed depth and he has played well so far.
did you see our CB's?....

If a 500 year old slow as molasses Champ Bailey that got dumped by the Saints who have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL is the answer, I don't want to know the question.

49ers had the 2nd ranked pass defense coming into the game, clearly the secondary is not nearly as much of an issue as you claim it to be, especially with Ward, Culliver and Cook out, with Brock rusty and the 49ers having no pass rush to speak of.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 19, 2014 at 10:20 PM ]
Vincent Jackson apparently will make 12.2 million dollars per season in 2015 & 2016. Sooooooo.... no.

Doubt any team would trade for that salary; he'll probably get cut in the offseason.

And Spiller broke his collar bone. Soooooooo.... Uh-uh.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Yes, Trent Balke should make a trade...

He should trade himself to another team...No depth on team at all...You draft players like Quinton Dial, Tank Carradine, Cory Lemonier for example...the lists go on and on...and they don't play. We have to sit there and wait until our starters get healed...

Overrated GM.

So Baalke is overrated because the coaches won't play guys and because the team has sustained an absurd number of injuries.

Tell me, who brought Lynch on board, Stevie Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Marcus Martin(who we'll damn well need), Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox, Aldon Smith, Bowman.

Get a grip. In the NFL you can't offset the loss of 3 All Pro players to go along with injuries all over the secondary. There's no preparing for that, there's not enough depth in the world to be ready for that. This team has done damn well to get this far but you're not going to beat Manning with 2nd stringers, I don't care which team you are in the NFL or who your GM is.

People suck off Seattle's GM but guess what, the Harvin signing was a bust, Bruce Irvin looks like crap after they spent a 1st round pick on him, he still hasn't progressed beyond a situational pass rusher, Carpenter is a bust for where he was picked.

I can't believe that the 49ers don't have a bunch of All-Pro's sitting around waiting to come and replace guys like Willis and Bowman seamlessly...............

LOL...yes, don't all good teams have pro bowlers in the wings? The 9er replacements have played above expectations, but they are back ups for a reason...they aren't as good or better than Bowman, A Smith and all the others. What many folks don't understand is that if the 9ers had one guy go down, like Bowman, a young replacement (Wilhoite) could come in and play well with the help of the other veterans around him. But when the replacements start playing next to replacements (Wilhoite/Borland) there is an exponential drop in productivity by comparison.

So the middle of the niners lines have been impacted by:

Offense: Iupati/Kilgore/Boone/ADavis being dinged up and/or out for games...that's four of five.
Defense: Dorsey/Bowman/Willis/Aldon/ all missing games and/or being dinged up.

That represents the guts of both the D and the O being cut to ribbons...and still playing well enough to be 4/3. The only question I have? Is this the result of being in the playoffs the past three years and playing those extra hard fought games? I've heard this theory for years and it does add to the beating.

Maybe he can trade himself, what a bunch of scrubs! Our back ups were awful! Borland trucked by 190 back at the goal line! If its Harbaugh or Ballke, lets keep Jimmie, and get him some depth!
if kilgore is out for the rest of the season i think marcus martin will fill in nicely. What a shame...kilgore was killing it and he and staley were the only consistent lineman. But i think we might have to make a trade for a CB but i dont know any CB rich teams that would be willing to deal any.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
LOL...yes, don't all good teams have pro bowlers in the wings? The 9er replacements have played above expectations, but they are back ups for a reason...they aren't as good or better than Bowman, A Smith and all the others. What many folks don't understand is that if the 9ers had one guy go down, like Bowman, a young replacement (Wilhoite) could come in and play well with the help of the other veterans around him. But when the replacements start playing next to replacements (Wilhoite/Borland) there is an exponential drop in productivity by comparison.

So the middle of the niners lines have been impacted by:

Offense: Iupati/Kilgore/Boone/ADavis being dinged up and/or out for games...that's four of five.
Defense: Dorsey/Bowman/Willis/Aldon/ all missing games and/or being dinged up.

That represents the guts of both the D and the O being cut to ribbons...and still playing well enough to be 4/3. The only question I have? Is this the result of being in the playoffs the past three years and playing those extra hard fought games? I've heard this theory for years and it does add to the beating.

Bowman, Willis, Aldon, those are three of the very best LB's in the NFL, how you expect to be missing all three of those guys AND have a beat up secondary and still not skip a beat is beyond me. I think people spend way too much time playing Madden Football and expecting their GM mode creations to actually translate to real life.

Any team that loses an All Pro is going to have some kind of a drop off, the 49ers actually have pretty good depth for the most part but it will only go so far.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Maybe he can trade himself, what a bunch of scrubs! Our back ups were awful! Borland trucked by 190 back at the goal line! If its Harbaugh or Ballke, lets keep Jimmie, and get him some depth!

OMG, the 3rd string rookie LB didn't dominate when the rest of the team was playing like ass, FIRE EVERYONE!!

Nobody has depth so outstanding that they can overcome the loss of starters and All Pro players all over the place, this isn't the 1980's where you have star players coming out of the ass. Baalke drafted a guy like Lynch who has been a tremendous performer, he drafted Hyde, he brought in Stevie Johnson, he brought back Cox, he drafted Reid, people really need to work on their grasp of reality.

At full strength, Denver is a tough matchup for the 49ers, but a much more even one.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM ]
  • Jiks
Crabs + VD
To kc for
Bowe, Kelce, AJ, and a 3rd rounder

Share 49ersWebzone