LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 390 users in the forums

Should Baalke make a trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Yes, Trent Balke should make a trade...

He should trade himself to another team...No depth on team at all...You draft players like Quinton Dial, Tank Carradine, Cory Lemonier for example...the lists go on and on...and they don't play. We have to sit there and wait until our starters get healed...

Overrated GM.

So Baalke is overrated because the coaches won't play guys and because the team has sustained an absurd number of injuries.

Tell me, who brought Lynch on board, Stevie Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Marcus Martin(who we'll damn well need), Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox, Aldon Smith, Bowman.

Get a grip. In the NFL you can't offset the loss of 3 All Pro players to go along with injuries all over the secondary. There's no preparing for that, there's not enough depth in the world to be ready for that. This team has done damn well to get this far but you're not going to beat Manning with 2nd stringers, I don't care which team you are in the NFL or who your GM is.

People suck off Seattle's GM but guess what, the Harvin signing was a bust, Bruce Irvin looks like crap after they spent a 1st round pick on him, he still hasn't progressed beyond a situational pass rusher, Carpenter is a bust for where he was picked.

I can't believe that the 49ers don't have a bunch of All-Pro's sitting around waiting to come and replace guys like Willis and Bowman seamlessly...............
Tell it like it is,I agree there are some on this board WHO REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND how this Game of Football works AT ALL, FRONTRUNNERS sssh!

I actually had no issues with the starting players on defense last night. It's basically the same unit that got us 2nd in the NFL up to that point and that was with Brock coming back. But earlier in the week, I read an interview with Fangio and he said something to the fact that he wouldn't match up specific personnel on mismatches (ala he'd keep Ward in the slot even though he'd get abused and was abused for 3 TD's, as an example). Well, last night, the Broncos did their h/w and saw Brock coming in cold off the bench after weeks of being off and continued to scheme their best player on him. Instead of changing personnel or the game plan AFTER seeing him struggle and get abused, we stayed the same. Finally in the second half, he moved Cox back to LCB where he was formally on a roll and doubled with Bethea (not Reid) and even they got abused for an easy TD (Reid is the S with range). Instead of watching the Superbowl and seeing that the Hawks physically jammed and beat the sh!t out of the Broncos WR's at the LOS and threw off the timing of the passes (WCO), we played off and let Manning pick us a part with scheme and experience while targeting our weaknesses on defense and exploiting them over and over and over again. We put Cook in the slot? Take Cully off the field and move Cox to RCB and Brock at LCB? So odd!

Why not keep Cox at LCB where he was rolling, slide him inside to the slot when needed and have Brock and Cully/Cook/Johnson on the outside where they know their roles? And most importantly, use these bigger, physical CB's to beat the crap out of their receivers at the LOS and make them earn every yard? Play single-high S with Reid like Seattle did in the Superbowl?

Situational awareness. What does Manning always do after an INT? Yet, we let a receiver get behind two players AFTER starting out in off coverage? WTF? Fangio's been great up to this point but he sucked ass last night with his stubborn ways IMHO.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
by wanting the team to win, you disqualify yourself from being a fan in my opinion,, but you are hopefully just speaking out of emotion. to me an ass kicking is easier to take than a close loss. we were in a no win situation last night due to denver being at home and "peyton" on the verge of greatness, just like the time when joe came back on a monday night vs the lions. there are sometimes when you are in a no win scenario and that was last night and then you throw in the injuries and poor play from everyone cept for andy lee and there you go. there is no need to run around slashing your wrists, there is no need go knee jerk city and try to make a bunch of trades. we are 4-3 and in second place at the break. the bye is perfect, we can get some guys back for the rams and get back on track followed by the return of aldon. you guys need to just take a break like the players are doing. unless you all have been sleeping in the last three years, when we lose, we go off the cliff as a team and that is what happened last night. we were in a no win scenario and unless you are captain kirk and do not believe in the no win scenario, last nights whupping was a surprise to me but in looking back, considering all things,, it was somewhat predictable. so what,, you move on, get guys back and prepare for the vital stretch

I don't want to see the 49ers lose. But, it does make you wonder if that's what it's going to take to make this turd of an OC figure it out!!!

Dude, seriously, choosing between Lane Kiffin or Greg Roman is like being asked if you want to get punched in the throat or kicked in the nuts. And right now, I'm leaning towards Kiffin.... AND IM AN SC GUY!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
wow, i know this is niner talk and i know people are nuts after a loss but i really did not expect to see this shrill reaction where everyone needs to be traded and we should just forfeit the season. i appreciate some people trying to calm people down and trying to make them see the forest through the trees but i think some are just so emotional today they can not be reasoned with. just let the moaning and knashing of teeth play itself out this week,. if people have not calmed their tits down by the weekend,, well they can just hide under the bed till the season is over or switch teams
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Yes, Trent Balke should make a trade...

He should trade himself to another team...No depth on team at all...You draft players like Quinton Dial, Tank Carradine, Cory Lemonier for example...the lists go on and on...and they don't play. We have to sit there and wait until our starters get healed...

Overrated GM.

So Baalke is overrated because the coaches won't play guys and because the team has sustained an absurd number of injuries.

Tell me, who brought Lynch on board, Stevie Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Marcus Martin(who we'll damn well need), Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox, Aldon Smith, Bowman.

Get a grip. In the NFL you can't offset the loss of 3 All Pro players to go along with injuries all over the secondary. There's no preparing for that, there's not enough depth in the world to be ready for that. This team has done damn well to get this far but you're not going to beat Manning with 2nd stringers, I don't care which team you are in the NFL or who your GM is.

People suck off Seattle's GM but guess what, the Harvin signing was a bust, Bruce Irvin looks like crap after they spent a 1st round pick on him, he still hasn't progressed beyond a situational pass rusher, Carpenter is a bust for where he was picked.

I can't believe that the 49ers don't have a bunch of All-Pro's sitting around waiting to come and replace guys like Willis and Bowman seamlessly...............
Tell it like it is,I agree there are some on this board WHO REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND how this Game of Football works AT ALL, FRONTRUNNERS sssh!

I actually had no issues with the starting players on defense last night. It's basically the same unit that got us 2nd in the NFL up to that point and that was with Brock coming back. But earlier in the week, I read an interview with Fangio and he said something to the fact that he wouldn't match up specific personnel on mismatches (ala he'd keep Ward in the slot even though he'd get abused and was abused for 3 TD's, as an example). Well, last night, the Broncos did their h/w and saw Brock coming in cold off the bench after weeks of being off and continued to scheme their best player on him. Instead of changing personnel or the game plan AFTER seeing him struggle and get abused, we stayed the same. Finally in the second half, he moved Cox back to LCB where he was formally on a roll and doubled with Bethea (not Reid) and even they got abused for an easy TD (Reid is the S with range). Instead of watching the Superbowl and seeing that the Hawks physically jammed and beat the sh!t out of the Broncos WR's at the LOS and threw off the timing of the passes (WCO), we played off and let Manning pick us a part with scheme and experience while targeting our weaknesses on defense and exploiting them over and over and over again. We put Cook in the slot? Take Cully off the field and move Cox to RCB and Brock at LCB? So odd!

Why not keep Cox at LCB where he was rolling, slide him inside to the slot when needed and have Brock and Cully/Cook/Johnson on the outside where they know their roles? And most importantly, use these bigger, physical CB's to beat the crap out of their receivers at the LOS and make them earn every yard? Play single-high S with Reid like Seattle did in the Superbowl?

Situational awareness. What does Manning always do after an INT? Yet, we let a receiver get behind two players AFTER starting out in off coverage? WTF? Fangio's been great up to this point but he sucked ass last night with his stubborn ways IMHO.
I agree with that NC but I don't think we have the talent to play like that. They are just going to whiff and the wr's would be even more wide open.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We should let Crabtree and Brooks are letting go. Give to Rams for 1st round and Brooks for Bradford. . If Bradford is possibly beat to kap for his job.

WHAT? speak with understanding words,"are letting go" "beat to kap"? what are you meaning?
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Ban on me? Serious?

NCommand and you called me Ban???
this isn't Madden. You can't just trade for a guy mid season and he suddenly knows the playbook and has chemistry with his teammates
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
this isn't Madden. You can't just trade for a guy mid season and he suddenly knows the playbook and has chemistry with his teammates

Why not, I do it in Madden all the time.
Share 49ersWebzone